How to go about further recomposition?

Options
13»

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You would do the push routine on one day and the pull routine on a separate day. There is nothing wrong with doing squats and deadlifts in the same session. What you can do is swap between squats and deads, from session to session. For example, start off with squats one session and start off with deads the next rotation.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    You would do the push routine on one day and the pull routine on a separate day. There is nothing wrong with doing squats and deadlifts in the same session. What you can do is swap between squats and deads, from session to session. For example, start off with squats one session and start off with deads the next rotation.
    Ah, ok. These are 4 separate workout days. Thank you for clearing that up :happy:
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Jumping in to learn/follow as I believe this advice is good for me
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Also, how to deal with progression? Keep something like the All Pro progression? Increase in reps for a fixed number of weeks, have a test day and then increase in weight with a set % or amount. Or would it be more the goal to increase every workout?
    Just a tiny bump for the question above! :flowerforyou:
  • pandorakick
    Options
    :glasses:
  • clairemarie1016
    clairemarie1016 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about the progression question too :-)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Also, how to deal with progression? Keep something like the All Pro progression? Increase in reps for a fixed number of weeks, have a test day and then increase in weight with a set % or amount. Or would it be more the goal to increase every workout?
    Just a tiny bump for the question above! :flowerforyou:

Sorry - this keeps being pushed down the main page so we keep missing it.

The objective is to keep progressively loading (either by upping weights or upping reps). I would look to up weights each week, but at a minimum, up reps.
  • pandorakick
    Options
    No problem, thanks Sara!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Locking to keep track of active threads. Please feel free to PM me of SideSteel to unlock it if you wish to pose further questions, including a link to this thread in the PM.
This discussion has been closed.