TheBrown Team Loft !

Options
marcelka77
marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
Welcome Brown Team !

This is where you will socialize, meet and greet, get to know eachother, do challenges here in your loft ! Make sure that you get to know eachother !

Replies

• MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hello Brown team!

Are we ready to be the Biggest Losers? I say YES, we got this!!
  • marcelka77
    Options
    So getting lesson from last challenge to keep us motiated we have begun our 20 week challenge(counting this 0 week).

And i still need your captain ;)

For many of us, this is a clean slate of getting back on track! For the WEEK O challenge, I thought we might take it BACK TO BASICS! Let's take this week to focus on drinking water and cooking ! I know that this is not the easiest thing for all of us to do .

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/957625-pre-game-challege-0-week-challenge
  • K0RA
    K0RA Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello Brown Team! I've got my fingers crossed that we each accomplish our goals. I'm excited, and quite honestly...SCARED TO DEATH!!!! I know that I want this, but my confidence isn't quite there yet. Good luck to you all. Let's do this!
    -Kora
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!!

Looks like I'll be serving as our team's captain, so let's get busy, guys! Kora, I'm excited too...and, like you said, scared at the same time! Just the idea of 'challenging' ourselves can be scary, but let's just take this one day - one hour even - at a time, and show it who's boss! We can *definitely* accomplish our goals!!! We just have to be faithful and committed!

So first off, look at the link in the above post and read about this week's focus on water and cooking. These are fairly simple and straight-forward...we can sooooo handle this!

For water intake, I put eight pennies by a little jar on my kitchen counter, and every time I drink a glass of water, a penny goes in the jar. So #1, I don't have to try to remember how much I've had, and #2, whenever I see the jar/pennies, I'm reminded to drink again - and I'm in the kitchen a lot, so I see them pretty often!

Now, I *REALLY* want to be able to report next weekend that we were entirely successful as a team this week, so...
    LET'S DO THIS!!!
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Oh, and I also have a 'rule' for myself...I can't start on my morning coffee until I've had at least a cup of water...
  • MamaDee2
    Options
    For water intake, I put eight pennies by a little jar on my kitchen counter, and every time I drink a glass of water, a penny goes in the jar. So #1, I don't have to try to remember how much I've had, and #2, whenever I see the jar/pennies, I'm reminded to drink again - and I'm in the kitchen a lot, so I see them pretty often!

Now, I *REALLY* want to be able to report next weekend that we were entirely successful as a team this week, so...
    LET'S DO THIS!!!

This is an awesome idea!!

My water system is pretty simple and boring! I have a 74oz water bottle which is too big for any cup holder anywhere! So I fill it up and put it in the fridge and pour into a cup - I try to drink 2 of these per day. I do have to admit I have been less on water and more on diet soda or tea lately so I will have to work on the withdrawals again.
  • sjeffr
    sjeffr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello Brown Team!

I'm excited and looking forward to doing this! I'm tired of dong nothing about my weight and am feeling really motivated and determined to take it head on! Especially now that the weather is getting warm. :)

So, regarding the challenge for the week. The water part is easy for me because it's pretty much all I drink all day anyway. I'll get a green iced tea in the morning and I like to have a glass (or two) of red wine in the evening. Other than that I drink water all day long. Now the cooking part will be challenging because my husband does about 90% of the cooking in our house. He likes cooking and usually it just fits our family's schedule that he does the cooking. I'll defenitley put forth an effort to get a meal in though.

YAY TEAM BROWN!!

-Sharon
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    For those of you that have a hard time drinking water, adding lemon and or lime to your water helps big time!! Plus it has a lot of weight loss benefits for it. My husband and I have started drinking water lemon every day!
  • marcelka77
    Options
    Good morning my Lovelies

I am back to keep you going ;)

this challenge is from monday

Pre-game challege 0 week Exercise challenge 04/15 - 04/22 ( 22nd its the our official D day)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/959159-pre-game-challege-0-week-exercise-challenge?page=1#posts-14626928
  • MamaDee2
    Options
    Good morning brown chicka-dees!!!

Hope you are all pumping the h2o. I am NOT a huge water fan but I feel so much better when I drink it. So I try real hard to chuga-lug.
    I have downed my first 74oz jug.
  • sjeffr
    Options
    Hi Team,

So, I'm new to the BL challenges and very new to this site - just joined last week! :) I'm finding it a bit hard to keep the info straight for this group. There seems to be many different threads with different information/instructions. For example, I remember reading somewhere what date we need to get our weight to our team captain but I have no idea which thread. I went back over several threads but never found the info.

Anyway, I've been doing great since I joined the site last week, I'm down 4lbs already and feeling motivated and excited. I can't wait to see where I'll be in August, my birthday month! :)
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Sharon, i joined the site last summer (I think,) but I too am new to this particular challenge.

I was thinking that we could all come to this BROWN thread and post our daily challenge accomplishments...report what we've done *at least* every couple of days (ideally every day!) I intend to keep a chart (on paper - that's how I roll!) of everybody's stats so that I can more easily have them at hand to report at the end of every week. And I believe that ALL of our team members completing the week's requirements, turning them in to me, and me reporting them FIRST (ahead of the other teams) is how we win the weekly challenges! Daily reports could look something like this: (my stuff from yesterday...)
    Monday...
    Cardio: 65 minutes (25 min. circuit training, 40 min. walk)
    New Exercise: not yet
    Squats: 40
    Water: 9 cups

Each week, those categories might be a little different depending on that week's challenges, but hopefully you all get the idea. However you do it, just get all your stats to me in a timely fashion, cause, like I said, I think time is of the essence to win the challenge every week!
    As far as weigh-ins, she said they have to be in by Sunday, 9pm GMT, which (I think) is 4pm Central (that's what I'm on.) I've never had to do that conversion before, so someone correct me if I'm wrong! I always weigh first thing in the morning; if we all do that, we shouldn't have any issues getting our weigh-ins in by Sunday afternoon...let's shoot for lunch-time on Sunday, just to be safe!

Also remember for this week, we're supposed to submit a recipe and photo...and a 'before' picture!

I want us to be the BEST team all-around...so that means meeting (and even surpassing) all the challenge requirements! We can do this together!!! Let's WIN and REACH OUR GOALS!!!

Oh, if any of you have any questions, feel free to ask...if I don't know the answer (quite possible!,) I *will* find out for you!

Let me leave you with a quote I read this morning from the Raw Food Cleanse book:
    "Every choice we make moves us either one step closer to or one step further away from our ultimate goals."
    Good to keep in mind...
    <3
  • sjeffr
    Options
    Thanks Pam, that was super helpful. Just so I'm clear, the challenges I should be working on now are:

the food challenge
    squats
    water
    new exercise
    cardio

correct?

That's a lot of stuff - I thought there would be one, maybe two challenges a week. Anyway, I'll give it my best shot!
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Thanks Pam, that was super helpful. Just so I'm clear, the challenges I should be working on now are:

the food challenge
    squats
    water
    new exercise
    cardio

correct?

That's a lot of stuff - I thought there would be one, maybe two challenges a week. Anyway, I'll give it my best shot!

Ummm, I think that's it, unless I missed something (somebody yell if we're forgetting something!)
    By 'food challenge,' you're referring to the recipe/photo thing?
  • pab88
    pab88 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Monday:
    Cardio: 80 minutes (20 min. circuit training, 60 min. walk/run)
    New Exercise: Plan on attending a new kick boxing class on Thurs.
    Squats: 100
    Water: 8 cups

Tuesday:
    Cardio: 80 minutes (20 min circuit training, 60 min walk/run)
    New Exercise: Not yet
    Squats: 100
    water: 8 cups

Recipe and photo: not yet posted
    Before pic: Not yet posted
  • MamaDee2
    Options
    Cardio:
    New Exercise:
    Squats:
    Water:

Oh WOW I thought all the challanges got pinned but that is not the case so I missed some of these. I will update later tonight or tomorrow.
    We post these on this thread correct?

Recipe and photo: I will post this tomorrow (my lunch)
    Before pic: I will do this tokorrow also.
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Cardio:
    New Exercise:
    Squats:
    Water:

Oh WOW I thought all the challanges got pinned but that is not the case so I missed some of these. I will update later tonight or tomorrow.
    We post these on this thread correct?

Recipe and photo: I will post this tomorrow (my lunch)
    Before pic: I will do this tokorrow also.

Yeah, I thought it would be relatively easy for me to find it all (to report it) if all the info is here!

And, THANKS SO MUCH, guys...it's looking great already!

Here's my Tuesday...
    Cardio: 65 (25-circuit; 40-Leslie Sansone DVD)
    Squats: 110
    Water: 12

I still have to do my recipe/photo and my before pic...
  • K0RA
    K0RA Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi guys! Luckily, I'm still excited. Yay!
    Here's what I've done for the week so far:

Sunday:
    Cardio: 120 minutes (35 min. treadmill uphill@ 3.5mph, 85 min. walk)
    Squats: 40
    Water: 8 cups

Monday...
    Cardio: 4 minutes (strength training)
    Squats: 0
    Water: 5 cups

Tuesday...
    Cardio: 30 minutes (Cardio video Zuzanna)
    New Exercise: Just about everything in the Zuzka video was new to me!
    Squats: 48
    Water: 4 cups

My water intake has depleted. Generally, I do not like cold drinks, and for most of my life, my beverage of choice has been British Tea with milk. I have cut out my tea (and suffered major withdrawal symptoms for the past two weeks). Though I am pleased that I seem to be getting over the lack of tea, I haven't quite adjusted to drinking cold things, and plain hot water just doesn't do the trick for me.

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing results (not only in myself, but in each of you). Keep up the great work!!
  • sjeffr
    Options

the food challenge
    squats
    water
    new exercise
    cardio

correct?

Ummm, I think that's it, unless I missed something (somebody yell if we're forgetting something!)
    By 'food challenge,' you're referring to the recipe/photo thing?
    Yes, I was referring to the recipe thing.

So I can already see a big challenge for me is going to be the challenges. For example, this evening traffic was nuts so I didn't get home until 6:40pm from work, had to leave out at 6:50 to take my son to soccer practice. Did grocery shopping while he was at practice and then picked him up and got back home at 9pm. Went over some homework stuff with son, ate dinner and now it's 10pm and I'm about to clean the kitchen. I had hoped to do a workout video after work but no time today. I make time when I can to get in a workout, typically 3x a week. Anything more is really a challenge for me. For one, I'm not a morning person so getting up before work to exercise is super challenging for me. The other thing, between the kids and their activities and my own stuff I'm always on the go.

I was able to fit a workout in on Saturday, Sunday and Monday so missing today wasn't too bad. I'm hoping to get one in tomorrow and I know for sure Thursday morning I'll have time. I'll post the details for the challenges later.. off to clean the kitchen! Night ladies!
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Oh, Sharon...what a terribly hectic schedule! It sounds like you've done really well getting in as much as you have! I don't know how you women do all this AND work outside your home! :(

Kora, good job so far! Now, just *make* yourself drink more water! Over the last six months, I've trained myself to drink it room temperature, with no ice. However, now that the house is warming up with the weather, I have started adding one ice cube... Just keep experimenting to see what works best for YOU, so that you can be faithful with it!

And to our other Pam, you've been busy already...very good!!!

Oh, and I posted my recipe and photo tonight...go over and check out what I had for supper!