Anyone out there or is this a dead group??

Options
mdelcott
mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
I am starting Omni Meta on Monday (April 22) I am new to TAM and this is a first for me. I am excited and nervous about the DC Anyways anyone want to join me and start monday??

Replies

• mdelcott
    Options
    Ok well I started today and it went well, but apparently this group is dead in the water so I will go back to facebook for TAM interaction
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and am on Day 23 of TAM Meta Omnicentric. Hoping to keep this group alive - I just found it and would love the interaction and support!
  • mdelcott
    Options
    I finished day 6 today of Meta Omni. I dont think youll get much out of this group, took me a week to get you LOL
  • JRadd14
    Options
    That's too bad... I love TAM... It's hard but I'm really toning up and liking it! I recently got the TA Rebounder and will start incorporating that too!

Stay in touch!

~j
  • daisyterp
    daisyterp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This group is very quiet. If you are looking for support w/ TAM there is a facebook group of TA fans-
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/53916864953/

I mainly do the mat workout and get my cardio from Jazzercise. I really need to ramp it up, do the 30 day DVD and then start the ab-centric meta I bought.
  • mdelcott
    Options
    I am a memeber of the FB group however since I am new to TAM, I am finding the FB group a little disheartening the last couple day. At first it was great but lately its very much about Tracy Anderson bashing, which I find odd since its suppost to be a fan page/group.
  • daisyterp
    daisyterp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes, recently a few active posters have taken to critiquing her a lot. It is interesting since one of those posters has another group that isn't just about TA where she posts a lot of the same stuff.
    I get it that TAM isn't for everyone but right now her MS work is what I want/need. I don't want to be bigger, I want to be smaller and I know will never be teeny tiny, but I don't want to bulk up while I slim down.
  • mdelcott
    Options
    I completely agree with everything you said :)
  • Wildflower65265
    Wildflower65265 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm just restarting the diet portion of the method, but I have been doing the workouts for many months. I hit a plateau with the Medifast plan I've been on, and am doing the Five day nutrient boost holiday slim down posted here: http://tracyandersonmethod.com/2010/12/holiday-prescription-dec-6-dec-10/
    After so many months without fruit, I'm craving it. I love how I can barely finish my soup at night. I'm down five pounds, and have one more day to go on the five day plan. I noticed I look radiant - I think for my body this fresh food really hit the spot. So now I figured I'd just jump back into the Dynamic eating plan on week 2, and give it a go. I do love her recipes. I was too hungry last time I tried this, but I've reduced my calorie intact a lot since then. A lot of her videos are on youtube right now - I was so happy because the discs I bought are all scratched and aren't playing till then end.

So it's really nice to see some people in this group! I'm making a spread sheet for the soup diet so it makes it's own shopping list by just entering how many servings of each soup you want. Let me know if anyone wants a copy.
  • mdelcott
    Options
    I would love a copy of the spread sheet, please :)
  • JRadd14
    Options
    I'm just restarting the diet portion of the method, but I have been doing the workouts for many months. I hit a plateau with the Medifast plan I've been on, and am doing the Five day nutrient boost holiday slim down posted here: http://tracyandersonmethod.com/2010/12/holiday-prescription-dec-6-dec-10/
    After so many months without fruit, I'm craving it. I love how I can barely finish my soup at night. I'm down five pounds, and have one more day to go on the five day plan. I noticed I look radiant - I think for my body this fresh food really hit the spot. So now I figured I'd just jump back into the Dynamic eating plan on week 2, and give it a go. I do love her recipes. I was too hungry last time I tried this, but I've reduced my calorie intact a lot since then. A lot of her videos are on youtube right now - I was so happy because the discs I bought are all scratched and aren't playing till then end.

So it's really nice to see some people in this group! I'm making a spread sheet for the soup diet so it makes it's own shopping list by just entering how many servings of each soup you want. Let me know if anyone wants a copy.

Welcome to the group! Let us know how it goes!

~j
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    I hope its not completely dead!! I've just started Omni today ... I'm not doing her diet plan, i'm just focussing on clean eating. I did TAM 30 Day method a while ago and loved the results so im looking forward to getting into the full 90 day.
    How's it going for you after a month? Also, how are you entering the musclular structure into myfitnesspal? I ended up entering it under cardio (as thats where Pilates is entered) for 30 minutes. Do you enter it into strength and enter each exercise and reps?
    Much Love
    xoxo
  • JRadd14
    Options
    I hope its not completely dead!! I've just started Omni today ... I'm not doing her diet plan, i'm just focussing on clean eating. I did TAM 30 Day method a while ago and loved the results so im looking forward to getting into the full 90 day.
    How's it going for you after a month? Also, how are you entering the musclular structure into myfitnesspal? I ended up entering it under cardio (as thats where Pilates is entered) for 30 minutes. Do you enter it into strength and enter each exercise and reps?
    Much Love
    xoxo

I enter the muscular structure under "Light calisthenics" when I log through MFP... I think it's a tad low but I'd rather log alittle under than over. Really it seems more suggest to strength excercises but it's difficult to log that way.

I've lost some weight, but amazed how my body is toning up... my bum is looking great, lol.

Welcome to the group!

~j
  • joyousbalance
    joyousbalance Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am starting omnicentric tomorrow...June 1st. I need all the support I can get, so I thought I would just see how you are all doing. I bought the DVD's a while ago, but want to give them a good try. I can't find the meal plan, but I am just sticking to eating clean and logging my food on MFP. Happy Summer 2013!!!!

:heart: much love,
    ~joy

1634232.png
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    Ive only just recently started Omni and have been too busy to get in as many workouts as I'd like this week so Ill start again with you and we can do it together :-)

Much Love
    xoxo
  • joyousbalance
    Options
    Thanks Claire! Got thru day 1...I felt really nauseous after, that I had to lay down and nap. I took pictures today to motivate for some before and after results :laugh: So for me its one day at a time. I see where people have their complaints about her no cues or minimal instruction. I am ok with it. Looking forward to see any type of change in the next few weeks.

:heart:
    ~joy
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    Thats so interesting, usually im energised after exercising but I was the same. I was utterly exhausted, the Muscle Structure doesnt look like much but it really fatigues you. She does warn about feeling like you have the flu for the first week so hopefully that feeling passes. Much Love xoxo
  • aliciamac311
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm so glad to see people are out there still using TAM Meta. I bought the DVD's FOREVER ago. Tried it, didn't like it at the time. (and I also didn't really give it much time before giving up)
    I'm starting over again because I need to do some kind of strength training. Figured the muscular structure would be good for that. Her Cardio HURTS my feet and knees. I think I will try that once i get some pounds off. I have a lot to lose, and currently walking on treadmill/incline for cardio. Which I do like a lot. :-)
    Did anyone do any kind of modified version of the structure DVD's? I'm worried that I will need to do some kind of modified and still won't be able to do the whole thing by the time Day 10 rolls around and you have to change workouts.
    Anyone with thoughts on sticking with the Day 1-10 workout for longer than 10 days? I can't see any real harm in it...especially if starting out very slow. Maybe do 15 day intervals vs 10? Any advice is appreciated.
    You all are awesome!
  • joyousbalance
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm so glad to see people are out there still using TAM Meta. I bought the DVD's FOREVER ago. Tried it, didn't like it at the time. (and I also didn't really give it much time before giving up)
    I'm starting over again because I need to do some kind of strength training. Figured the muscular structure would be good for that. Her Cardio HURTS my feet and knees. I think I will try that once i get some pounds off. I have a lot to lose, and currently walking on treadmill/incline for cardio. Which I do like a lot. :-)
    Did anyone do any kind of modified version of the structure DVD's? I'm worried that I will need to do some kind of modified and still won't be able to do the whole thing by the time Day 10 rolls around and you have to change workouts.
    Anyone with thoughts on sticking with the Day 1-10 workout for longer than 10 days? I can't see any real harm in it...especially if starting out very slow. Maybe do 15 day intervals vs 10? Any advice is appreciated.
    You all are awesome!

I am no expert, as I work thru day 3. For cardio, I am doing her routine low impact style. Unfortunately my DVD has a scratch already on the cardio, so I have been using other videos thru you tube. The other day I did Hip Hop ABS cardio, which is lower impact. Yesterday I found another Tracy Anderson cardio routine on you tube.

I think doing longer than 10 days will definitely not hurt. It is your journey and whether it takes you 90, 120 or 365 days, it doesn’t matter as long as you are doing the best you can. I think a goal would be to do it until you can do the entire session continuously. I haven’t been able to do the entire session, but I am starting to count how many I do on each side of each exercise. Then the next day try to increase the reps by 5. It’s only day 3 for me…so just figuring it out myself. I will let you know how it goes to day 10. Good Luck!

:heart:
    ~joy
  • JRadd14
    Options
    Hi!
    You all are awesome!

I asked a similar question on the TAM site and while it's totally up to you, they suggested not going more than a day or 2 extra on any level because the key is the progression. I've never been able to complete all of the leg excercises, and I may add an extra day or 2, but I move on to the next set of excercises. It's designed that way and I think you'll see faster results - I know I'm def toning up!

Good luck!
    ~j