Anyone out there or is this a dead group??

Options

Replies

• mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @mdelcott - Love your avatar!!! That's exactly how I feel! :drinker:

I'm doubling up my MS - I'm currently doing glute 1.1.1 and omni 1.1.1. I know it's totally against the rules, but my burn is amazing and my clothes are already feeling a bit loser. Which centric are you doing?

I am currently on level 6 omni, I love this level, however I dont do the standing abs and I have been skipping the meta arms and doing the arm section from TAs Mat video. I think the arms are way to fast to do any good on the meta,and I feel like Im just flinging my arms around. I did order the remainder of year 1 but I switched to glute, How do you have time to do 2 MS plus cardio?? But I admire your dedication. Also are the 2 centrics very different?? I was thinking I might order the first 3 months of Glute so that I have to whole year in complete, (Im anal about things like that)
  • joyousbalance
    joyousbalance Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have finished day 10 of omni. It took me a while, but having trouble getting into day 11-20. I do feel a slight change...so I need to push forward. I like to see you ladies working it..especially @mdelcott :wink:

One day at a time for me.
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have finished day 10 of omni. It took me a while, but having trouble getting into day 11-20. I do feel a slight change...so I need to push forward. I like to see you ladies working it..especially @mdelcott :wink:

One day at a time for me.

Joy, Level 2 SUCKED I hated that level. Your not alone in your opinion lol but just remind yourself that its only 10 days and also modify if needed, I modified the plank moves ALOT!! lol it was the only way to get through it, if I remember correctly level 3 is awesome and so nice after the hell that is level 2
  • translationmx
    translationmx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    mdelcott - Thanks for your words! I wanted to extend my MS and cut back on the cardio a bit, as I'm doing the diet described in The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance, so it's nutritional ketosis. The authors mention that you see more fat loss if you favor strength training over cardio. I've only been doing 15/20 min of rebounding after my MS, so my workout times have been under 90 minutes. I'm super determined to finally get this weight off. It's a good idea to sub the upper body work if it doesn't feel right. Some people have ended up with bad shoulder injuries. That arm series in the original mat workout is amazing. Tracy's free arms webisode is good also.

Joy - I completed omni, and level 2 is a beast. It's more than a step up level 1 so be patient. Like mdelcott says, level 3 gets much better. The last three levels have lots of moves in plank, but those build up in a more linear progression.

Day 3 here I go!! I haven't felt this sore in a while.

Oh and about these sets being different or not - I'm doing omni 1.1.1 and glute 1.1.1, so the arms and abs are the same (I do those twice), then the leg series are totally different. Glute is all about the glutes and the thutt area, and omni has several moves balancing on your dumbbell. Some moves are OK, others are definitely challenging. I stretch a bit between sides and keep going. I definitely stop and miss a rep, or two, or three... :blushing:
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm so missing my TA workouts - can't wait to get back to it! Been sick for about a week now and it finally dawned on me to take some medicine. I abhor the workout for Days 31-40 but I did it a couple times and will start back there either tomorrow or Friday. I've really seen some changes in my arms and bum (though the 30 Day Squat Challenge is really kicking it into high gear). I may also use 5lbs weights on the final days of each level... One day I was downstairs and didn't realize my 3lbs weights were upstairs, so I just grabbed the 5lbs weights not wanting to stop my workout. It was tough, and you have to control the weights more lest you hurt/injure yourself, but it was definately more challenging and I'm used to using heavier weights in general.

Oh, and there are some pics out there where Tracy is with a client (Madonna or Gwenyth maybe) and she is dripping with sweat.... ;o)

Good to see other TAMers are joining the group!

~j
  • racward
    racward Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, i am about to restart meta omni this week. I did it once at the start of this year but then stopped sooooo here we go again! It was a killer the first time and i'm really not looking forward to re-starting those dang leg exercises. I love the arms and abs and often add extra reps from her original mat dvd but those legs kill me...i literally swear at Tracy on the screen! Level two was agony so i'm hoping I get through it more easily this time. I'll keep you posted! If anyone has some measurement results or pics for motivation they would be greatly appreciated!
  • JRadd14
    Options
    Hi, i am about to restart meta omni this week. I did it once at the start of this year but then stopped sooooo here we go again! It was a killer the first time and i'm really not looking forward to re-starting those dang leg exercises. I love the arms and abs and often add extra reps from her original mat dvd but those legs kill me...i literally swear at Tracy on the screen! Level two was agony so i'm hoping I get through it more easily this time. I'll keep you posted! If anyone has some measurement results or pics for motivation they would be greatly appreciated!

Hello @racward! I've restarted TAM Omni Meta 2 or 3 times... This time I've missed days, even a week or so but I'm not giving in and keeping with it. If I need to I go back and do the previous level a couple times and start up again.

When I'm doing it consistently and watching what I eat I do see a difference... changes really started to happen after 2 weeks. Many of us do different cardio in addition or instead of the Meta DC. And many of us add or alter the workouts to suit our preferences... for instance I'm doing the 30 Day Squat Challenge which has made a big difference. I also do different cardio workouts (Shaun T. Rockin Body, Turbo Jam, recumbent bike, rebounder, walks, etc.). Own it and make it your own and you'll enjoy it alot more. The "tweaks" can magnify your results.

Good luck and keep us posted!
    ~j
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    You guys are all amazing! I'm finally moving on to level 2 lol!!

Its taken me a while but I started off "starting again" when I missed a few days because I wanted to do it perfectly all in a row ... Ive scrapped that (in line with my year of aiming for consistency rather than perfection).

Now i'm just getting through the 10 days as they come. If I miss a day because of an early call time or something I just pick it up again.

Do you guys think this is a better way to approach it? I was getting a bit discouraged at how long it was taking me to get to the next level the other way.

Much Love
    Claire
    xoxo
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    If you guys are looking for exercise videos online Katerina has a great Daily Motion Channel.

http://www.dailymotion.com/791123eka

Much Love
    xoxo
  • JRadd14
    Options
    You guys are all amazing! I'm finally moving on to level 2 lol!!

Its taken me a while but I started off "starting again" when I missed a few days because I wanted to do it perfectly all in a row ... Ive scrapped that (in line with my year of aiming for consistency rather than perfection).

Now i'm just getting through the 10 days as they come. If I miss a day because of an early call time or something I just pick it up again.

Do you guys think this is a better way to approach it? I was getting a bit discouraged at how long it was taking me to get to the next level the other way.

Much Love
    Claire
    xoxo

I read on Tracy's site that if you miss...

less than a week - Start right back up where you left off
    more than a week - go back a set and start back up there
    a month or more - restart the whole program

I think it's because the exercises are in sequence and feed off of the previous set. Also it encourages you to stick with it.
    I started Meta a few times.... In the past I would start, and then when I missed a few days or so I would stop it completely and later start over again later. Based off Tracy's recommendations, this time if I miss a few days I just start up again. Recently for numerous reasons I missed a few weeks. I had done the previous set of exercises more than 10 times due to dvd issues, so I tried the next set of exercises to see how I felt and it was fine so I'm going with it and feel good.

I'm working up to getting in 6 workouts a week but I'm not there, yet... ;o)
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    Oh ok, cool ... when I missed a few days I would always go and start back at the beginning! So its only if you miss more than a week you need to re-start the set and a few weeks then the whole thing. Thats great, i'm on the right track :-)

Good for you, I was doing 6 days a week but I'm just going to do 5 so I have a bit of a break and just do yoga on the weekend, it just makes it easier to match the dvds to weeks (lol ... I know i'm completely OCD!!)

You're doing amazing, maybe you can enter one of her competitions to go to her Hamptons retreat or something cool like that ... or Hawaii, ooo, hawaii with Tracy Anderson!! I'd feel guilty having a mai tai around her hehe!!

Much Love
    xoxo
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    I'm also going to start alternating the Meta DC with some other dance-baced 30 minute cardio videos as I'm getting a little bit bored and I try to do an aerobic class once or twice a week too just to have a little bit of variety.

Much Love
    Claire
    xoxo
  • jhiqui
    jhiqui Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, just joined the group and am planning to restart metamorphosis hipcentric tomorrow! I have done it before and got to level 7 and looked the best I had in ages, but somehow I let life get in the way... I know from previous experience that I cannot stick with TAM without support and am just planning to do the muscular structure work initially but hey, that's got to be better than nothing! Looking forward to feeling the burn...
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    Totally understand the life getting in the way thing ... its so easy to do. We are all hear to cheer you on :-)
    Much Love
    xoxo
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    I just started Level 2 this morning ... Ouch! Its quite a jump up from level one but i'm really glad there is variation in the exercises rather than just upping the reps with similar exercises for the new levels.
    Hope you are all having a fab week!
    Much Love
    xoxo
  • jhiqui
    jhiqui Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Started hipcentric d1-10 today, and it didn't feel too bad! I can't quite finish all the reps in the leg series, but it always took me at least 5 days on each level to get to the point where I was comfortable with them. Does anyone else have a problem with their wrists when staying on all fours for so long?! My wrists killed today, but I guess even they will get used to the torture that is Tracy!
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    Seems to be the theme ... the legs take a few days to get up to the reps. Yes, it also took a few days for my wrists to get stronger and not ache so this seems to be normal too.

xoxo
  • JRadd14
    Options
    Ditto on the wrists... After a week or so my wrists were better. Initially I wore weight gloves which helped for grip, etc., and sometimes I had to go down to my forearms, but as your wrists get stronger it gets better.
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    Hi Lovelies,
    How are you all going with Meta ... im getting a bit bored of the DC (and I'm still pretty rubbish at it ... even tho I was a dancer when I was younger haha!!).

Does anybody have any other good dance-focussed cardio options?
    Much Love
    Claire
    xoxo
  • JRadd14
    Options
    Hi Lovelies,
    How are you all going with Meta ... im getting a bit bored of the DC (and I'm still pretty rubbish at it ... even tho I was a dancer when I was younger haha!!).

Does anybody have any other good dance-focussed cardio options?
    Much Love
    Claire
    xoxo

I have Rockin Body from Shaun T. It's nice because it is choreographed dance moves with workouts with various time commitments. I really like the 25min workout and I get a great burn.

I've read numerous good reviews on her original Dance Cardio DVD... I thought about getting that.

I will do her DC sometimes, but I like to do other dvds, recumbent bike, etc. for variety.