Introduce Yourself

Options
124»

Replies

• AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hi! I joined and forgot to introduce myself! Ahhh mommy brain.

My name is Andrea and I'm 43 with 4 kids and a 54 yr old husband. I was 28 when I had our first son, 31 for the 2nd son, 33 for my 1st daughter and 38 with my 2nd daughter. That makes our children age 15, 12, 10, & 5. WE are officially done birthing babies, we fired the swim team and everything! DONE! lol Now the difficult part, raising them up to be fabulous human beings.

I've struggled with weight my whole life. I gained 70lbs with my first pregnancy and I think some of that is STILL hanging around my hips. I also had 4 c-sections so there are no stomach muscles or tone to speak of, just a fugly "meat apron" hanging around my middle. I'm tired of being heavy and tired all the time. My father died young at the age of 44, I'm 43, this is what cinched it for me and finally clicked in my head to do something about my health . And I have! 49lb lost, 61lbs more to lose. Its been difficult juggling fitness goals and family life. I have a big family and my FIL also lives with us. I have been a SAHM for the last 10years but hope to re-enter the job market this September.

Thanks for including me in this group. I hope I have the time to get to know some of you better and cheerlead you on your way to a better life through health and fitness and the struggles of being thought of as your kids grandparent at school events! :wink:
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Hi! I joined and forgot to introduce myself! Ahhh mommy brain.

My name is Andrea and I'm 43 with 4 kids and a 54 yr old husband. I was 28 when I had our first son, 31 for the 2nd son, 33 for my 1st daughter and 38 with my 2nd daughter. That makes our children age 15, 12, 10, & 5. WE are officially done birthing babies, we fired the swim team and everything! DONE! lol Now the difficult part, raising them up to be fabulous human beings.

I've struggled with weight my whole life. I gained 70lbs with my first pregnancy and I think some of that is STILL hanging around my hips. I also had 4 c-sections so there are no stomach muscles or tone to speak of, just a fugly "meat apron" hanging around my middle. I'm tired of being heavy and tired all the time. My father died young at the age of 44, I'm 43, this is what cinched it for me and finally clicked in my head to do something about my health . And I have! 49lb lost, 61lbs more to lose. Its been difficult juggling fitness goals and family life. I have a big family and my FIL also lives with us. I have been a SAHM for the last 10years but hope to re-enter the job market this September.

Thanks for including me in this group. I hope I have the time to get to know some of you better and cheerlead you on your way to a better life through health and fitness and the struggles of being thought of as your kids grandparent at school events! :wink:

Hello Andrea! Welcome to the group!!! My mother died at a young age, so I truly understand how that puts you in touch with your own mortality. My husband and I were asked if my twins were our "grandbabies!" We were asked by a sales clerk in a state with the median age of first time births of 22.6. I just stood there with my mouth open.:noway: She waited for a response as I stood there in a daze. :ohwell: Finally, my husband told me to close my mouth, and he told her they were our children.:grumble: It was around that time that I decided that I would get more fit.
  • mylameoww
    mylameoww Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Danielle. I am 42, and my two boys are 6 and 4. I had my first at 35. I did not do too bad losing weight with my first, but after my second I am still struggling to lose weight! It's been very frustrating, though I think I sometimes tend to blame it on my age...but I seem to get injuries every time I try to get more fit! any one else having that problem? I've had back problems, neck, shoulder, foot. Things I never had to deal with when I was younger, but also was fitter. Its like a catch 22 for me. Anyway that is what frustrates me most. I do need to work on my diet a whole lot more as well of course. So I am just getting started again with this. Thanks for adding me to the group. I would love to have some friends on here for support and encouragement!!
  • melkadee
    Options
    Hi, My name is Danielle. I am 42, and my two boys are 6 and 4. I had my first at 35. I did not do too bad losing weight with my first, but after my second I am still struggling to lose weight! It's been very frustrating, though I think I sometimes tend to blame it on my age...but I seem to get injuries every time I try to get more fit! any one else having that problem? I've had back problems, neck, shoulder, foot. Things I never had to deal with when I was younger, but also was fitter. Its like a catch 22 for me. Anyway that is what frustrates me most. I do need to work on my diet a whole lot more as well of course. So I am just getting started again with this. Thanks for adding me to the group. I would love to have some friends on here for support and encouragement!!

Hello Danielle! Welcome to the group! :flowerforyou: I have just started to experience problems with body parts that prevent me from working out. :grumble: Maybe it comes with age. :ohwell: I am hoping to get in better shape soon. :bigsmile: I need to work on my diet too. Let's win this together! :wink:
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Nancy. I'm 47 and have a 6 and 4 year old. I do believe I'm more patient being an 'older mom' than when I was in my 20's, but I don't know for sure, I wasn't a mom then.

I also had a miscarriage when my youngest was 1.5. After that I kept gaining weight. It was like my body still 'thought' it was pregnant. That's when I finally got more serious about my health and my weight. I've always been what I call 'skinny fat'. People would say "oh you look fine" but I knew what I was hiding and how its not fine. I still have a goal to lose more gut and gain more muscle. I"m Finally more consistent with my workouts. Not perfect, but better than I ever have been.

I'll be finishing up Less Mills Combat at home in the next two weeks, and starting T25 with a group on 9/9.

I've only read through the first page of intro's so far. Thanks for adding me to this group!
  • melkadee
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Nancy. I'm 47 and have a 6 and 4 year old. I do believe I'm more patient being an 'older mom' than when I was in my 20's, but I don't know for sure, I wasn't a mom then.

I also had a miscarriage when my youngest was 1.5. After that I kept gaining weight. It was like my body still 'thought' it was pregnant. That's when I finally got more serious about my health and my weight. I've always been what I call 'skinny fat'. People would say "oh you look fine" but I knew what I was hiding and how its not fine. I still have a goal to lose more gut and gain more muscle. I"m Finally more consistent with my workouts. Not perfect, but better than I ever have been.

I'll be finishing up Less Mills Combat at home in the next two weeks, and starting T25 with a group on 9/9.

I've only read through the first page of intro's so far. Thanks for adding me to this group!

Nancy!!!!!! How did I miss your intro.! How did T25 and Combat go?