keto primal and intermittent fasting

Options
2»

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I don't structure it either, but this morning I wasn't particularly hungry so I decided to IF. I have a bag of Trader Joe's beef jerky that I will break fast with later this afternoon before I work out tonight. I generally aim for once every two weeks but am going to step it up to once a week. I usually don't go a full day, since I don't want to pass out during my workouts :)
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm totally new to the idea of keto... I have done something similar to paleo before and lost a lot of weight (and felt great), but since then, I've tried a million different ways of eating (vegetarian, vegan, raw vegan, etc) just to see what works best for my body and feels the best. I have come back to high protein/low carb but am so used to eating a ton of veggies, that I just can't give them up!

Can someone confirm if I'm correct: I can have carbs on keto as long as they're 20 or fewer/day. So I can eat as many veggies as I want as long as they fall within that range? Lettuce is relatively low carb, so I should be able to eat a lot of it and still stay keto, right?

Thanks!
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'm totally new to the idea of keto... I have done something similar to paleo before and lost a lot of weight (and felt great), but since then, I've tried a million different ways of eating (vegetarian, vegan, raw vegan, etc) just to see what works best for my body and feels the best. I have come back to high protein/low carb but am so used to eating a ton of veggies, that I just can't give them up!

Can someone confirm if I'm correct: I can have carbs on keto as long as they're 20 or fewer/day. So I can eat as many veggies as I want as long as they fall within that range? Lettuce is relatively low carb, so I should be able to eat a lot of it and still stay keto, right?

Thanks!
    eating 510% of your calories from carbs in the first stage to get you into ketosis but once you are fat adapted you can play around with it.
    I have just got to the point where I feel comfortable adding in some more carbs..I am upping to 10% and with my 1800 cals a day it puts me at about 48 grams per day.After being at 20-23 I think I can get a lot more bang for my buck at 10%.
    Eating lots of greens stuff..arugula,spinach,field greens,broc,cabbage,cauliflower..they are all low carb and great to fill up on.
    I eat blueberries once or twice a week and to be able to stop the cravings for sugar,I add a bit of butter and eat them with cream(devon cream).I find I need fat with sweet to stop sugar cravings.
    Hope that makes sense..just my experience.
    I would say you are an amazing inspiration with your 220lb loss..AMAZING!