Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Week 7 Day 3 is done. Two more weeks :)
    Week8Day1 is done today. I was pretty tired and did it slowly and I had a temptation to walk after about 20 minutes, but finished it :)

• upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    chesnity3 wrote: »
    Week7 day1 completed today.
    Great work!

• upsaluki
    Options
    @debbie389 and @Aine8046. Nice job. Keep it up.

Found a cool little state park to run in while in traveling for work in MA. Finished week 1 day 3 of 5k210k today. Chicopee Memorial State Park. It had some actual hills, and I did some running on a few of the single track bike trails too.
  • MamaGab92
    MamaGab92 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I did W8D1 last night. I looked down at my phone when I had a little less than 5 minutes left and I thought, "5 minutes, piece of cake." Then I caught myself and thought back to when I was just starting C25K and 5 minutes seemed like a long time to me. I have come such a long way! Now I can do almost 30 minutes and it isn't too hard. It is still challenging and I'm slow as a tortoise, but I can do it! My hips and thighs are sore this morning, but in a good way. My theory is it is all the fat melting away. ;) I feel so good about what I've accomplished this summer. I finally found a physical activity that I enjoy and that I've stuck with and I'm seeing results. So excited!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    MamaGab92 wrote: »
    I did W8D1 last night. I looked down at my phone when I had a little less than 5 minutes left and I thought, "5 minutes, piece of cake." Then I caught myself and thought back to when I was just starting C25K and 5 minutes seemed like a long time to me. I have come such a long way! Now I can do almost 30 minutes and it isn't too hard. It is still challenging and I'm slow as a tortoise, but I can do it! My hips and thighs are sore this morning, but in a good way. My theory is it is all the fat melting away. ;) I feel so good about what I've accomplished this summer. I finally found a physical activity that I enjoy and that I've stuck with and I'm seeing results. So excited!

<3
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

So AWESOME!!
  • upsaluki
    Options
    jsandie76 wrote: »

So AWESOME!!
    Ditto. That is awesome.

• upsaluki
    Options
    Rained out this morning in MA. Forecast shows rain tonight in Wisconsin. Ugh
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »
    Rained out this morning in MA. Forecast shows rain tonight in Wisconsin. Ugh

Don't let a little rain stop you!
    :wink:
  • TowsonChuck
    TowsonChuck Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Since I finished last Saturday just been doing 5k distances on the road. Yesterday got rained out too, and decided to do my run on a treadmill at the gym.

It was crazy different. It was actually tougher, I did the 3.2 miles, but i struggled to find a comfortable pace, and found that going faster seemed easier on the legs. Though I couldn't maintain the speed for as long as I do on the road.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Posted my graduation annoucement today. Yay! Amazingly I can now run 30 minutes in a row. Honestly, I'm a little shocked! To be honest, I still don't love running but I love the sense of accomplishment of having been for a run. This process/journey has given me unbelievable amounts of confidence. I never thought that my body was capable of running for 30 minutes. If it can do that, what else can it do?!?
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Posted my graduation annoucement today. Yay! Amazingly I can now run 30 minutes in a row. Honestly, I'm a little shocked! To be honest, I still don't love running but I love the sense of accomplishment of having been for a run. This process/journey has given me unbelievable amounts of confidence. I never thought that my body was capable of running for 30 minutes. If it can do that, what else can it do?!?

Congratulations on graduating c25k
  • upsaluki
    Options
    I did 5k210k week 2 day 1 today. 4.6 miles of running.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Week8Day1 is done today. I was pretty tired and did it slowly and I had a temptation to walk after about 20 minutes, but finished it :)
    W8D2 is done! Cannot believe I have one run left for this Sunday!

• upsaluki
    Options
    W8D2 is done! Cannot believe I have one run left for this Sunday!
    Nice job! It's kind of weird when you start closing in on the finish line. Then you have to start plotting your next move.

• upsaluki
    Options
    Anyone else here using the strava app? It's for running and cycling. I'm looking for a few more folks to follow on there.
  • Just_Ceci
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Anyone else here using the strava app? It's for running and cycling. I'm looking for a few more folks to follow on there.
    I use Strava for running and cycling. PM for details.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    I use Strava for running and cycling. B)

You can search by name, right?
    Cecilia Kalagias, Garfield, AR
    Cool. Terry Miller, Stoughton WI
  • upsaluki
    Options
    5k210k week 2 day 2 4.8 Miles
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Im starting w1d1 today! Wish me luck :)