Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Slainte831 wrote: »
    I did w3d1 last night. Managed to complete it, but was So. Much. Slower. than I had been doing. And this morning my knees are hurting. I'm trying so hard and this is discouraging.

Im on week 3 as well and day 1 went slower as well but the point is to finish not how fast you went. I had some knee pain week 2 before i bought good running shoes so if you havent already i would look into good shoes they have made a difference for me

Thanks for the encouragement! I have good shoes ... I think my age is starting to catch up with me, lol! I am seriously considering getting a bike to supplement c25k.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    sigh. legs hurt. iced yesterday. easy run today and that was still uncomfortable. I think tomorrow maybe no run at all. just lots of walking.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    faithan84 wrote: »
    taeliesyn wrote: »
    What app are you using @faithan84 ???

@taeliesyn, I'm using Endomondo. It has an option to set up training programs, and C25K is one.

That's the fitness test. I didn't think that was included in the Endomondo C25K plan, but it does apply in all the others. It can make a fairly significant difference to the subsequent sessions in the plan, as can not doing/ doing more than the programme says.

OK, as I'm about to start a new half marathon plan this weekend I took the opportunity to look at the Endomondo plan. While it's 17 weeks long it's probably at the same level as a 12 week plan, the latter 5 weeks are pretty much sharpeners for the 5K race at the end of the plan.

The Cooper test guidance is the same as that used in the more advanced plans, hence not being entirely clear. You've done pretty well to get the average pace that you mention.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    w6d1 done! I added a third 5r3w (5r 3w; 5r 3w; 8r 3w; 5r) and covered a full 5km. I haven't done 3 miles in 6 months...... and I did it in a decent pace.... had a super busy day and didn't get to it until 22:20 last night, but knew it wouldn't have a chance to get to it until Friday maybe, but its done and behind me now so on to the last interval run of the program.

Happy Thursday!
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    The Cooper test guidance is the same as that used in the more advanced plans, hence not being entirely clear. You've done pretty well to get the average pace that you mention.

Thanks!
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    W7D1 done, it felt really good. Still very slow (I'm lucky if I'm sub-15 min/mile at any point), but I feel like a real runner now. Very odd feeling, but I like it!
  • JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    W7D2 done and I did better than my previous run, yay. 4 km (almost 2.5 miles) Very pleased with that, especially because I ran right after my 50 min workout which made my legs feel like jello
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Yay just completed week 3 day 3 felt great looking forward to the challenge of week 4. Have a great weekend everyone
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Took a full rest day. It feels weird
  • Slainte831
    Options
    Just did w3d2. Much better than the last run. I took yesterday off as I was feeling very achy and depleted, and I think that was the right decision as I felt (and ran) so much better today.

What do you all do on your non-C25K days? I usually use the elliptical, but I feel like my knees don't get much if a rest between running and the elliptical. I'd really like to get a bike! Just need to convince the hubs.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    @Slainte831 I cycle on my non running days. The elliptical seems too much like running to me.
  • ssasssy
    ssasssy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did w3d1 last night. Managed to complete it, but was So. Much. Slower. than I had been doing. And this morning my knees are hurting. I'm trying so hard and this is discouraging.
    I was having knee problems and thought maybe running wasn't for me, but I found some hip exercises online that help with knee pain. They relieved the pain by my next run and I haven't had trouble since. If you're interested you could probably just Google hip exercises for runners. Hope you feel better!
  • ssasssy
    Options
    @Slainte831 i don't do anything on my off days besides normal work/parking far from places to walk more/ house work. I do add strength training on my running days so I can do both and still have days off. Its less laundry too (only 1 outfit/ 1 warm up/cool down).
  • ssasssy
    Options
    Finished W6D2 last night and had a much better time than I've been having. I finally quit counting (I count in my head while I run), and feel like I focused on running so much better and even enjoyed a few moments here and there.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    @ssasssy great job on W6D2, I did W6D1 on Wednesday and had the exact same fleeting thoughts that i actually was enjoying myself!
  • amudd645
    amudd645 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Finished w4d1 yesterday and was so pleased I was able to do it. I even really enjoyed the first 3 and 5, felt so good. But... That last 5.... Oh boy oh boy. I will just say I jogged it and didn't stop. Doesn't matter that my time slowed down a minute and half, I did it without stopping and very happy. Looking forward to w4d2 tmrw. We have hit a cool spell here in Alabama and it should feel amazing tmrw at 8 when I go
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    W4d2 done! Missed the first walk so went 5-3-3-5. Ugh, but got it done!!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Oh crsp, I just realized I'll be doing w5 next week on vacation. :o
  • Slainte831
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    @Slainte831 I cycle on my non running days. The elliptical seems too much like running to me.
    Thanks! I am hoping to get a bike. I love cycling!
  • Slainte831
    Options
    ssasssy wrote: »
    I was having knee problems and thought maybe running wasn't for me, but I found some hip exercises online that help with knee pain. They relieved the pain by my next run and I haven't had trouble since. If you're interested you could probably just Google hip exercises for runners. Hope you feel better!
    Great idea! I will definitely do this.