Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    ftrobbie wrote: »
    And you did it the way it is supposed to be done. Well done you, hope the rest of the programme is as pleasurable, you are on your way to success.

Thanks!!!

This morning I did W5D4. Not particularly difficult or easy. One more step toward the goal. :smile:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    W8d3 done. 3.25 mi
    Then I did w1d3 because that's what I do on Saturday mornings apparently.
  • Syleyna
    Syleyna Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just finished W6D3. First time running (because it only just fits me again) in my sports bra. Made the world of difference. I'm actually properly excited about the last 2 weeks!
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I did w1d1 today! I didn't think I could manage - I've been trying to run for a couple of times, just for as long as I could go and then switched to walking in a sort of haphazard way, and didn't feel I was making any progress, hence the switch to a structured programme. The first minute of running was hard, but it was actually surprisingly survivable, and by the end of the workout I felt I could've done even more, so that bodes well for w1d2.

I shall reward myself with new running shoes later today :)
  • mbaker566
    Options
    aleph_0 wrote: »
    I did w1d1 today! I didn't think I could manage - I've been trying to run for a couple of times, just for as long as I could go and then switched to walking in a sort of haphazard way, and didn't feel I was making any progress, hence the switch to a structured programme. The first minute of running was hard, but it was actually surprisingly survivable, and by the end of the workout I felt I could've done even more, so that bodes well for w1d2.

I shall reward myself with new running shoes later today :)

Great work
    Shoes make a difference
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just did w4d1. I am following the 5K plan within the Runmeter app, so today I ran 2:00, w 3:00, r 5:00, w 2:30 x 2 sets.

I was really apprehensive about running 5:00 -- but I slowed down, thought about breathing, and did it!!!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    After a week of being super busy, I ran W9. 11:40/mile vs last time's 12:11/mile. Feeling proud :)
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    W8D2 done, best average pace yet. Felt great going into it, and felt great coming out of it. This is how I wish it would be every time!
  • dedicatedlurker
    dedicatedlurker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Finished W5-1 today! I'm doing better with my pace this time around, so I think I'll be okay for the next one. I'm even looking forward to it O_O
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know I should've taken a rest day but my schedule dictated to do W1D2 today. New running shoes do make a difference! They had a machine that recorded the way my feet moved, apparently I have a problem with overpronation, and my feet definitely felt better with the new shoes this morning. I did have some kind of cramp in my leg though, so it could've gone better, but I made it through!
  • rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    W7D2 done. Ran after one month but my form was same. Feeling good! :)
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    W5D1 complete feeling nervous about day 3. It is a big leap
  • mbaker566
    edited August 2015
    Options
    it's official. I did my "5k"
    and it was not fantastic. the humidity made me take breaks, which made me lose my pace, but I did increase my distance. after I figured I wasn't running the whole thing, I pushed for the speed today. added a 1/4 mile to my thirty min "run"

downloaded the 10k app
  • birtley15
    birtley15 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thursday I completed Wk8D3 and Saturday I ran my very first 5K! I finished in 42.04 but I didn't care how fast I just wanted to cross that finish line!!! It was tough, there were lots of hills on the start but the 2nd half was all down hill. I was so proud of myself!!!! It was a real accomplishment since I typically set goals and never finish. Not only did I meet this goal but an hour after finishing I signed up for my second 5K for Labor Day Weekend. I have lost almost 20 pounds training for this 5K and hope the weight keeps coming off as I keep running. So grateful for C25K!
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    didn't update on Saturday morning, but I did (mostly) W8D2. I ran for about 20 mins then had to start taking breaks. 2 mins walking before jogging again. So, I jogged all 28 minutes, but it was chopped up again. =( tonight is supposed to be W8D3. Really hoping to push through like I did in week 7 and do this last day with no stopping.
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I overdid it on Saturday and hiked 16.5 miles. My ankle was just not going to cooperate for W6D1 yesterday, so I rested instead. I'm going to try W6D2 today and see what happens!
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Good job, everyone!

I completed W8D3 on Saturday morning and it felt so good. Very proud of myself, especially since I've attempted the program multiple times before only to quit after a couple weeks. I'm going to keep running the 5k distance this week (with some outdoor runs) and then I have my first 5k a week from Wednesday!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone, there are some great stories here. I am so impressed with you guys.
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I did W3D1 this evening, ran super slow but i felt great at the end :smiley:
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all finishers. I just got back from doing w8d3. I am slow as hell, but I did it. Almost made it to 3.1 miles and just kept walking during cooldown to hit it. So, I'm slow. and sweaty. But I did it. =)