Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    faithan84 wrote: »
    I overdid it on Saturday and hiked 16.5 miles. My ankle was just not going to cooperate for W6D1 yesterday, so I rested instead. I'm going to try W6D2 today and see what happens!
    I made it through without any pain! :smiley: I even picked up the pace for the last run interval to see if I could sustain that speed for the two minutes. I was very close!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    After 10 days off and one failed attempt 7 days ago, I just completed w4d3 with ease! WOOHOO, I CAN do this!! Bring on w5, I'm soooo ready! :D
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    After a week of being super busy, I ran W9. 11:40/mile vs last time's 12:11/mile. Feeling proud :)

Well done!!
  • Slainte831
    Options
    It is so inspiring to read about all of you and your progress! Be proud of yourselves and thanks for sharing!

I did w4d2. Long run interval of 5 mins. I went a little further than usual because at one point I had to turn around and run away from a family of skunks crossing the road in front of me!
  • Slainte831
    Options
    Good job, everyone!

I completed W8D3 on Saturday morning and it felt so good. Very proud of myself, especially since I've attempted the program multiple times before only to quit after a couple weeks. I'm going to keep running the 5k distance this week (with some outdoor runs) and then I have my first 5k a week from Wednesday!

Good luck with your race! Can't wait to hear about it!

• Slainte831
    Options
    klmnumbers wrote: »
    Congrats to all finishers. I just got back from doing w8d3. I am slow as hell, but I did it. Almost made it to 3.1 miles and just kept walking during cooldown to hit it. So, I'm slow. and sweaty. But I did it. =)

Good for you!
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @Slainte831 - Thank you, I'll definitely check back in!

@klmnumbers - Great job!
  • z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a c25k beginner... it took 4 weeks of cardio to work up to w1d1 for me.

I did w1d1 last Wednesday, w1d2 (same thing) last Friday, missed Monday and just did w1d3 today (Tuesday). It's doable but I'm struggling with it a fair amount, so I'm thinking I may do two more week 1 runs this week and see if my HR doesn't spike to hell (I'm 29 and my heart rate is going up to 180) after that.
  • dedicatedlurker
    dedicatedlurker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I completed W5-2 today, but it was hard.

I'm freaked out by no walking breaks in the next one >_<
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    W8D3 completed. Body wasn't happy with me the entire way, and then I actually felt physically hungry before the cooldown walk. Definitely need to eat some more calories to burn on running days, I guess? On weekdays I run in the evening, typically 2-3 hours after dinner. Tonight was more like 3.5 hours after, that may have made a difference as well.

One week to go... !!
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    W5D2 complete..... i am nervous about d3..... how do you go from 8 mins to 20 mins it just seems like such a huge jump.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I started on the 10k section today.
    I definitely wouldn't have been able to do it without the 5k prep of week1-8
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    z304 wrote: »
    I'm a c25k beginner... it took 4 weeks of cardio to work up to w1d1 for me.

I did w1d1 last Wednesday, w1d2 (same thing) last Friday, missed Monday and just did w1d3 today (Tuesday). It's doable but I'm struggling with it a fair amount, so I'm thinking I may do two more week 1 runs this week and see if my HR doesn't spike to hell (I'm 29 and my heart rate is going up to 180) after that.

You may need to slow down. At this point, don't worry about pace, just work on the endurance. If you can't hold a conversation while you are running, you are probably going too fast.
  • Geev51
    Geev51 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been following everyone's posts as I go along, but have not posted. I just finished Week 7 Day 2 last night. It has been a long journey so far but I am so excited to be even able to run for 25 minutes. I am no where near hitting the right distances because I am so slow, but I am keeping running and not stopping, which for me is a miracle in and of itself.

I just wanted to let you all know how inspirational it has been for me to read all of your posts and accomplishments, made me believe I had it in me to keep going. Thanks and I look forward to the rest of Week 7 and Week 8 and then hopefully be able to work on hitting the distances.

Have a great day everyone.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Options
    @moyer566 - How do you like the 10k app? Are you using the ZenLabs one? I'm thinking of getting it after I run my 5k next week.

@Geev51 - I'm also shy on hitting the distances. I finished week 8 last week and am continuing to do the 30 minute runs this week. Trying to increase my pace VERY slightly with each run. Keep it up, you're doing great!
  • Somebody_Loved
    Options
    I just did another 5k on the treadmill. After the entire workout (5 minute warm up, 30 minute run, 5 minute cool down), the treadmill said my distance was 3.5 miles and my Fitbit said it was 3.15 miles. Either way, I'm not getting the distance from my 30 minute run so I'll keep working on that.

I'm moving next weekend and will start running outside way more since I'll be right on a trail. I'm really looking forward to that as I'm getting a little disenchanted with the treadmill. My runs aren't as enjoyable as they used to be and I find myself watching the clock more. I think changing up my routine and getting outside will help a lot.
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    W6D3 went pretty well today. I was pleased to notice that I spent more time running than walking: 12 walking and 20 running! I had to cut the cool down a couple minutes short due to time constraints, and still passed my distance goal with 2.72 miles total. It was my first time on a round flat track, and it was good to learn that if I went clockwise, my left ankle wouldn't hurt as much. Going on day 4 of sore and swollen ankle. :frowning:
  • z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    You may need to slow down. At this point, don't worry about pace, just work on the endurance. If you can't hold a conversation while you are running, you are probably going too fast.

My low interval speed is 3.0 and my high interval speed is 5.5, should I lower the faster one and see how that goes?
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    z304 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

My low interval speed is 3.0 and my high interval speed is 5.5, should I lower the faster one and see how that goes?

Can you have a conversation with someone at 5.5? If not then yes slow it down. At this stage you are developing time on feet, the pace is pretty much irrelevant providing you are running. It's hard especially if you are using something like Strava to log your runs, it inadvertently encourages you to go faster (PRs etc) but in reality you just need to be running. You are doing great just keep running at a comfortable pace.

Edited because I can't smell (sic)

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @Somebody_Loved I am using the zen labs one since I used the c210k zen labs. I'm not so worried about distances, I just need the coaching to increase length of time I can run.
    I like it.

I wasn't quite couch but I was darn close. I can't really process that I'm now working toward 10k and that I've successfully done the 5k program. I almost did one this weekend but the call time is too early for me to get there. random 5k? sure why not :wink: