Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Great to hear from those of you who are accomplishing longer runs! Great job.

I completed W1D3 today. Week 1 has me feeling like I can do this. We'll see how week 2 goes :smiley:
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    For people worried about W5D3, just remember to drop the pace, if you have done the 14 runs before it, you will accomplish W5D3. Why do I know? I had all the same feelings you folks have. This is your brain trying to convince you this is dangerous, in reality going slower persuades it that it is safe (central governor theory). Have fun, be safe, believe in yourself and the programme, thousands have gone before you and prove that it works. Have a great weekend peeps and nail that 20 min run.
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    W2D2 completed yesterday - on a nice new route by the river :)

On the running intervals I could go for about a minute without a problem, but then it starts getting really hard and I find myself wanting to stop (even if I'm trying to go as slowly as I can). I really don't think this bodes well for the upcoming weeks... but, I'll see that when I get there.
  • joy4strength
    joy4strength Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Week 1 finished!!!! Stats for 2 miles/day= Day 1=32:15, Day 2=29:15, Day 3=27:24. LOVE seeing the times go down.
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    W1D2 finished enjoyed it but not sure my hip did, arg.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Week one completely done!! WOOHOO!! :drinker: I can't believe I did it!!
  • katharmonic
    Options
    Great job week 1-ers @mmebouchon and @lasmartchika. I can't believe I'm doing this either. Keep it up!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    You all are doing great. Don't worry about thinking about stopping. It happens. Sometimes actual extra walk breaks happen too. Just keep trying and if you want to repeat a day
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well, I had a fail today. Stopped 10 min into the 15 min run portion. I find once I stop and begin to walk, I can't start running again. Anyone else experience that, or are you able to get all for a while and then re-start the run?

My plan is to go for a light bike ride tomorrow, have a rest day on Tuesday, and try this segment again on Wednesday. I know I will get there eventually!
  • katharmonic
    Options
    W2D1 today. It was a little bit harder than week 1, but doable.
  • joolieb1
    joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    5 minutes in, my brain tells me to walk, it is serious too, try to ignore it! Never mind though, u r active and will have a try again!!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Slainte831 wrote: »
    Well, I had a fail today. Stopped 10 min into the 15 min run portion. I find once I stop and begin to walk, I can't start running again. Anyone else experience that, or are you able to get all for a while and then re-start the run?

Only once did I struggle to start running after walking and that was when I was going very very fast and had absolutely no breath left. Since then, whenever I feel like stopping, I slow down..a lot....and fix a point in front and tell myself to run till that point. I just keep moving the point forward till the running interval finishes.
  • dedicatedlurker
    dedicatedlurker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Finished W7-1! It went well, and I'm looking forward to repeating it for the next couple of runs.
    snha wrote: »
    Excellent work @dedicatedlurker -- I am a couple of days behind you!

It's fun watching everyone move through the program together. I'm finding that the best part of participating in this thread! :)

Slainte831 wrote: »

Last week I had trouble starting again after the walk. It was like my brain had made a hard walk=cooldown link :p
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Did W6D1 tonight. Somehow it seemed harder than the 20 minute run. But I know that I was a little dehydrated (too much vino last night) and not nourished enough.
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    W2D3 today :) It went a little better than last time, and on some intervals I didn't stop running right when my app told me but kept going for a few seconds just to prove that I could. Let's see how the next week goes!
  • joolieb1
    joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Had been told w6r1 could b harder than expected so drank plenty before setting off in new running shoes. Chose a reasonably level space and ran at a good pace. Had to b best run so far: 5+8+5 runs, felt like a real runner today! Looking forward to next challenge now!!
  • joy4strength
    Options
    joolieb1 wrote: »
    Had been told w6r1 could b harder than expected so drank plenty before setting off in new running shoes. Chose a reasonably level space and ran at a good pace. Had to b best run so far: 5+8+5 runs, felt like a real runner today! Looking forward to next challenge now!!
    GOOD JOB!!
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Week 7 day 1 complete. Excited to try and push the pace on day 2 even though i had my nest pace so far.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @Slainte831 yes, I do have a hard time starting again. I think because I let my brain win.
    @katharmonic that's good. doable is doable :wink:

everyone is doing so well.
  • joy4strength
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 finished. My time was slower than Saturday's. My perfectionist tendencies makes me want to feel bad about it. BUT, I showed up and did the best I could. That is not failing, right?