Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    W8D4 done yesterday! (My program is 16.5 weeks, 4 days/week) I'm halfway there! I'm so happy that I've stuck with it this long!
  • joy4strength
    joy4strength Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 3- took it outside today. Did a total of 5.3 miles in 77.26 minutes. 5k time of 45:03
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    w7d2 done. Yes. And, I did 5.07 miles, walked only five minutes to warm up in the beginning and ran 52 minutes! 5k is 33.07 (getting better, but will not get to my 2012 number in time. It was 24:34 :( it's okay though!
  • snha
    Options
    faithan84 wrote: »
    W8D4 done yesterday! (My program is 16.5 weeks, 4 days/week) I'm halfway there! I'm so happy that I've stuck with it this long!

Excellent work @faithan84
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    W3D1 done today. Definitely not as enthusiastic as last time, but made it through.
  • dedicatedlurker
    dedicatedlurker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!

I forgot to post yesterday, but I finished W7-3. At the end I felt like I could have gone a bit longer, but I was very glad I didn't have to :p
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    W6d1 done! Although I was stopped twice (TWICE!!!) by people asking for directions. How do you handle this? I want to help but I am a bit annoyed because I have work to do, lol!
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    W2D1 - Done! Post that I tried running a km. Could do it comfortably. Phew!! :)
  • snha
    Options
    Slainte831 wrote: »
    W6d1 done! Although I was stopped twice (TWICE!!!) by people asking for directions. How do you handle this? I want to help but I am a bit annoyed because I have work to do, lol!

That is so annoying. I was stopped once a week ago and that disrupted the whole run (I was so into the run and definitely one of the rare occasions when I feel the runner's high). After that I decided, if this happens again, to say something like I said to a neighbor once -- "sorry, but am timing myself!"
  • Slainte831
    Options
    snha wrote: »

That is so annoying. I was stopped once a week ago and that disrupted the whole run (I was so into the run and definitely one of the rare occasions when I feel the runner's high). After that I decided, if this happens again, to say something like I said to a neighbor once -- "sorry, but am timing myself!"

I hear ya! There is a lot of construction in my town, so I know it can be confusing for folks when the 'easy route' is closed. The first person who stopped me was asking how to get to the police station, so I figured her needs were a lot more serious than mine! The second time was by a guy -- I was running up a hill and was thrilled that I could keep running AND talk to him, without stopping! Two months ago I wouldn't have been able to do that!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I had a cold so I skipped three days and rest.. Today I was going to attempt a run, ran 2.5km when my left leg went numb :S I don't know if it is because I ran on the road then the sidewalk (I usually run on the sidewalk). Walked for 10 minutes then ran again for another 10. Numbness in the left shin/ankle came back. Kind of feeling discouraged right now. :(
  • ahilleary15
    ahilleary15 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did day one week one today! Signing up for my first run on Thanksgiving! Add me as a buddy if you want!
  • Slainte831
    Options
    I had a cold so I skipped three days and rest.. Today I was going to attempt a run, ran 2.5km when my left leg went numb :S I don't know if it is because I ran on the road then the sidewalk (I usually run on the sidewalk). Walked for 10 minutes then ran again for another 10. Numbness in the left shin/ankle came back. Kind of feeling discouraged right now. :(

Your body may still be recuperating. Stretch well, eat well, and see how it goes next run.
  • Slainte831
    Options
    Seven weeks ago, I started C25K. It has been a process, with some days of exhilaration, some days of discouragement, some days of pride, some days of frustration. Although I ran yesterday, I decided I wanted to go out again tonight. It was a beautiful run, made all the sweeter because tomorrow is my birthday and being able to run 20 min with relative ease is such a gift to myself. :)
  • dedicatedlurker
    dedicatedlurker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Finished W8-1. I think I could have kept going, at least a little longer, so I'm hopeful about finishing this week and bumping the time up again next week :)
    Seven weeks ago, I started C25K. It has been a process, with some days of exhilaration, some days of discouragement, some days of pride, some days of frustration. Although I ran yesterday, I decided I wanted to go out again tonight. It was a beautiful run, made all the sweeter because tomorrow is my birthday and being able to run 20 min with relative ease is such a gift to myself. :)

That's excellent! And happy birthday :)
  • TurquoiseViolet
    TurquoiseViolet Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great work everyone!

I finished Week 1. No incline today, walks at 3.5 mph, jogs at 5mph. 1.9 miles
  • joy4strength
    joy4strength Posts: 24 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 finished. I have to admit, running 3 minutes was hard! BUT, I did it!
  • snha
    Options
    w7d3 done. I ran for 6.29 miles straight because of an August challenge. I made the challenge, but more importantly, I ran the farthest I have ever done in one go!
  • z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    w2d1 done!

The first time I completed w1d1 was August 5 so it's slow going (and I took some time off because I was getting twinges of pain under one foot), but the advice (from here) to slow down had really helped.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

awesome :)