Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Meluuu
    Meluuu Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I've missed on reporting some days. I will be doing w4d3 today. My program had 5 minutes x2 on W4 and I thought I wouldn't be able to do that. I'm so glad I tried and did it! =D

Good luck to everyone. It seems several of you are making good progress.
  • caitlinj406
    caitlinj406 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just got done with W1D2 and I'm loving it! I've started c25k in the past but after a fall I just stopped. Started again and am going to really make it happen. It made such a difference to invest in good shoes from the start instead of telling myself to wait and see if I needed them. I'm such a cheapskate that now that I have money invested I'll try harder to make it worth it.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have 2 more run days and I'll be done with C25K!
    I missed a few days here and there (4 total I think), but went ahead and moved forwards anyways. My mini is doing it with me, and today was a 50 minute walk/jog, so we did 5 min warm up walk, 5 min run, 5 min walk, repeat...
    So we ended up running half of the 50 minutes, and he did pretty good. I have now ran 3.1+ miles twice on previous runs, and am super excited that I can not only do it, but am this close to completion of the program; it's the farthest I've made it! I started it 3 other times before and always had a reason to quit. Turns out, they were excuses. My health is more important.
  • rsmotivated
    rsmotivated Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. It went better then I thought it would. I'm actually jogging slow but jogging.
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. It went better then I thought it would. I'm actually jogging slow but jogging.

Welcome! You'll be halfway done before you know it.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady is the way to go! You'll be amazed!

This is hard to imagine now, but soon you'll realize that running is a mental challenge. Trust the program. Keep it steady and at a conversational pace and you'll be done before you know it!
  • rsmotivated
    Options
    Day 2 done. My knees hurt a bit more today then the first day.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    Options
    Do some research on proper running form. Maybe film yourself and then adjust it. Also, check out your shoes... they might be the culprit. Lastly, maybe slow it down.
  • rsmotivated
    Options
    Do some research on proper running form. Maybe film yourself and then adjust it. Also, check out your shoes... they might be the culprit. Lastly, maybe slow it down.

Thanks I'll try the filming thing. I have new shoes fitted from a running store so hopefully those are not the issue. I'm not sure I can go any slower Lol!
  • RoteBook
    Options
    Do they hurt, or are the a little achy? My knees are a little achy right after I run, but when I stretch better afterwards it's less likely to happen.

I did w6d2 today! I think that was my last interval?! I meant to get up and go before the big kid goes to school, but the little kid was up every hour all night so I had no get up and go this morning. :) The little one and I tried out the kid care at the Y.
  • rsmotivated
    Options
    They are achy and I did not stretch after that is probably the issue. What type of stretches do you do? I just did the cool down.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Starting over due to life and all. It's been over 3 weeks since I finished W1D3, so I'm starting from the beginning. :)
  • RoteBook
    edited May 2017
    Options
    They are achy and I did not stretch after that is probably the issue. What type of stretches do you do? I just did the cool down.

I don't do a lot of stretching, but after I do the cool down I stretch my calves, quads, and hamstrings. I'm going to try the glute stretch from here (hopefully without falling over): http://www.runnersworld.com/injury-prevention-recovery/5-post-race-standing-stretches-every-runner-should-do/slide/2
  • rsmotivated
    Options
    thank you I'll try these on Friday. My knee is feeling better this morning.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 4, Day 3 yesterday after not running for about a week and WOW, did it kick my *kitten*! I made it through though and learned a valuable lesson-- no more unscheduled training breaks!
  • mph323
    Options
    W1D2 OMG sports bra fail! I was working on a treadmill at the gym this morning. During a running interval I felt like I was doing a lot of bouncing (well more than usual). When I looked down my bra had pulled up over the girls and they were bouncing merrily away underneath. Let me tell you there is no discreetly tucking the girls back into a bra in public. I had to finish the session at a brisk walk while doing the side-eye around the gym to see if anyone noticed. :o
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    W1D2 OMG sports bra fail! I was working on a treadmill at the gym this morning. During a running interval I felt like I was doing a lot of bouncing (well more than usual). When I looked down my bra had pulled up over the girls and they were bouncing merrily away underneath. Let me tell you there is no discreetly tucking the girls back into a bra in public. I had to finish the session at a brisk walk while doing the side-eye around the gym to see if anyone noticed. :o

:o Wow!!! Did you have a shirt on over the sports bra?
  • mph323
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

:o Wow!!! Did you have a shirt on over the sports bra?

Thankfully yes. I sort of bent over, slid my hand under the shirt and tugged everything back into place while pretending to check out my shoes. I can't imagine I was fooling anyone who happened to be looking in my direction - it was a real moment :#