Share Your Favorite Easy Keto Snacks Here

Options

Replies

• Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If you haven't already, I recommended purchasing Dana Carpenter's "Fat Fast Cookbook." It is fully of fantastic recipes. Two of my favorites are bacon-wrapped jalopenos stuffed with cream cheese and pepperoni chips (nuked in the microwave for 35 seconds) dipped in whipped cream cheese.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    bump :blushing:
  • confused_truffle
    confused_truffle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I used to make a bell pepper nacho popper: Slice a bell pepper into 3-4 spears and fill the inside of each spear with cheese, spices, and frozen spinach if you can fit it. Goes in the toaster oven. So good.
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I like to put a handful of mozzarella cheese on the bottom of a bowl, then put on 1.5 tbsp of pizza sauce, 6 slices of pepperoni, then top it with some more cheese and microwave for about 20 seconds. SO. GOOD! And it's only ~193 calories and 1 net carb.

Oh my this sounds delicious!

My current addiction is David Ranch Flavor Sunflower Seeds. 190 Cal, 15g Fat, 5g Carbs, and 2g Fiber. Also sliced almonds. I can drag those out for a longer snack than the same equivalent of whole almonds. Also, you can toast them in some butter and add a little bit of Splenda on top. MMMMMM!
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bumping this post by adding a little pork rind trick to help get over the 'tired of these' phase.
    buy some plain (non-flavored) pork rinds. Buy a container of one of these:
    http://www.kernelseasons.com/
    I've tried the ranch and love it. put the rinds in a bag, dump some seasoning down in there and shake the hell out of the bag.
    open bag and enjoy a new passion for pork rinds.

I love these seasonings! I buy them when I go to the theater, but they've started showing up in Target now, too.
  • Comonemo
    Options
    Lots of great ideas! Thanks!

This sounds crazy, but is actually really delicious~

Hard salami, spread with cream cheese, roll around a pickle (higher in fat)
    Budding Corn beef, cream cheese, roll around a pickle (higher in protein)

Also, stuffed mushrooms (spicy pork sausage, cream cheese, sprinkled parm cheese). I bake a whole 9 x 13 dish of these and keep in the fridge for a quick grab and reheat in microwave. (I have been known to eat them cold too...)
  • Stinkybutt455
    Stinkybutt455 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried any other flavors of pork rinds? In my area I've seen Barbecue, Hot and Spicy, and Salt and Vinegar. They're all pretty good!
  • SASSYGIRLY30
    SASSYGIRLY30 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LemonEleven
    LemonEleven Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    OMG I want some deviled eggs now!
  • kimplovely
    kimplovely Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My new fav. dessert (especially for Shark Week) - has been a spoonful of peanut butter with 3-4 70% cacao chocolate chips stuck in it. Sweet, smooth, crunchy and chocolatey! ^_^

Another snack I love (but high in protein) is eating tuna salad (either the pack or home made) with nori (almost like a mini-sushi) - filling and satisfying.
  • bwhite0425
    bwhite0425 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks lately has been cutting an avocado in half, taking out the stone then filling the pit with cream cheese. After that, top with shredded cheese and a few drops hot sauce and then bake for 20 minutes. It's SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOD!! Twice a day the last 3 days this has been my meal/snack.
  • Twylashea
    Twylashea Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Avocado chunks, mayo, salt and pepper.
    Lettuce wraps with imperial cheese/cream cheese, and veggie turkey slices.
    Cream cheese/nut butter and celery (also makes me feel like I'm 5)
    Any veggie-meat slice fried in butter than layered hot with shredded cheese so it melts (soooo good).
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Put philly cheese inside slices of turkey slices then zap it for 10sec in the microwave. Warning gooey goodness.

Or wrap precooked chicken strips in ham

Salami sticks (pepperami in the uk)

Just get good quality cold meats :)
  • brothena
    Options
    My favorite is cream cheese wrapped in roasted seaweed! I get the seaweed in a huge pack from Costco, and use about 1/2 Tbsp. of cream cheese or less in each roll. Occasionally I'll feel a bit frisky and throw some smoked salmon or cucumber in there, but then it typically turns into more of a nom-stravaganza and less of a snack.

(edited for silly typo)
  • getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My favorite is cream cheese wrapped in roasted seaweed! I get the seaweed in a huge pack from Costco, and use about 1/2 Tbsp. of cream cheese or less in each roll. Occasionally I'll feel a bit frisky and throw some smoked salmon or cucumber in there, but then it typically turns into more of a nom-stravaganza and less of a snack.

(edited for silly typo)

OMG I love that roasted seaweed! My husband makes fun of me. lol. I like to get the Roasted Herb Turkey breast from Costco + cheese and make little roll-ups with them.
  • Daerina8
    Daerina8 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of a sweet tooth (I know , I know, it's something I need to get rid of and fast) so I tend to snack on homemade jello fruit snacks. They only have 2 calories in each and net carb count of 0.

When I'm feeling like something savory I use this recipe (http://www.beautyandthefoodie.com/low-carb-croissant-bagels/) but I make them in a muffin tin, they're smaller and go further than in bagel form. They're filling, and awesome heated up with a bit of butter on top, and work out to be 1 net carb or less per "biscuit" depending on the size of your muffin tin.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I've been eating walnuts, hazelnuts, and sunflower seeds that I saute in sesame oil and salt.
  • SASSYGIRLY30
    Options
    wow some yummy ideas!!
  • SASSYGIRLY30
    Options
    chocolate drops for something sweet

1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
    1/3 cup peanut butter
    2 tablespoons butter
    1/3 cup ricotta cheese
    12 packets Equal sugar substitute
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
    Melt the first 3 ingredients in microwave.
    Stir well to combine.
    Add the remaining ingredients, stir and drop by tablespoon on waxed paper.
    You should have 12 drops.
    Chill until firm- at least 1 hour.
    Keep in refrigerator.

Calories 87.4
    Total Fat 7.6
    Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
    Dietary Fiber 0.8
    Protein 2.9 g

I used almond extract... it was delish!
  • Daerina8
    Daerina8 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'll have to give those chocolate drops a try :) I'm a chocoholic...

here's the recipe for the homemade fruit snacks... they're REALLY easy!

Ingredients:
    2 packets of unflavoured gelatin
    1 package of sugar free jello (any flavour)
    1/3 cup of water

Just pour the gelatin and jello over the water in a small sauce pan, and stir over medium heat for a couple minutes until the gelatin and jello dissolve. Pour into an ice cube tray or jello mold and leave on the counter for about an hour. No need to refrigerate, I just keep mine on my desk in a baggie to snack on while I work :) This makes about 10 fruit snacks, but it will vary depending on the size of your ice cube tray/jello mold.

Nutrition info (per 10 snacks or per batch depending your tray size)
    Calories: 20
    Fat: 0
    Sodium: 125g
    Carbohydrates: 0
    Protein: 3g