Bumping for the awesome information. c:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • FaithtoHope
    FaithtoHope Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great advice for us C25K beginners (bump!)
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Great info. I just finished week 1 day 2 for the second time. I got injured 1st time I tried it because I was running too fast. I've now found some music that helps me set a gentler pace and it's working a lot better this time.
  • Rosalind90
    Options
    I've just started the C25K (literally, I did W1D1 yesterday and will be doing W1D2 tomorrow). This is a great post for people like me, thank you for posting!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Congratulations on starting, Rosalind! W1D1 is a major achievement.
  • SandraMartin3008
    SandraMartin3008 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bumping to the top! Awesome workout info.
  • lisetteparks
    lisetteparks Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm starting C25k tomorrow and I am excited. My goal is the Casper Zombie 5k. As long as I finish and don't get eatten by zombies I'll count that as a success.
    Thank you for posting.
  • _chantastic
    Options
    great information. thanks!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I'm starting C25k tomorrow and I am excited. My goal is the Casper Zombie 5k. As long as I finish and don't get eatten by zombies I'll count that as a success.
    Thank you for posting.

Congratulations on starting! That's a major milestone. Let us know how it goes!
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I just found your group. My husband and I just completed week 1 with our son along for the ride in a stroller. Loving it so far! My goal is for us to get out and do a color run together at the end of September.

Thank you for the advice!
  • FocusNfit
    FocusNfit Posts: 7
    Options
    bump
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this info. I have started this program so many times to just give up because I get inpatient I want to RUN now. However being overweight and not fit makes it hard.. I just have to stick with it and not overdue it since I always get hurt
  • nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    so glad i found this information... I am starting W1D1 tonight with my 15 yr old daughter! always been a dream to run a 5k but with the extra weight it killed my knees. So know that i am down the 80 lbs i feel like this is the time ;-)
  • KimberlyAndrews1
    KimberlyAndrews1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was the occasional walker last fall and joined a C25K Program called No Boundaries through Fleet Feet Sports (most of them have running and walking programs for 5ks 10ks and walking) They have beginner and intermediate, so I joined the beginner. You start running for 30 seconds then walk 2 minutes for 1 mile. I had to quit at running 2 minutes, walking 2 minutes for 2 miles. My lower legs just above my ankle ....kind of on the said would hurt almost every time I ran, but finally around Week 6 it got better, as did my breathing, but then about midway through on Week 8, I got a stress fracture to my ankle. So even though this was the beginner program, obviously it was still too much for my body to take. I don't understand it, as I took a 5 minute walk and did dynamic stretching before I ran. And stretched a lot afterwards, but still it happened. I'm about 40 pounds overweight...weight 183, but I see people who weigh 250 pounds and in worse shape than me doing it with no problems, so I don't get it. So now, after being out of total commission for about 6 months, I am back to walking. I walk 3/4 to 1 mile 5 days a week for 25-30 minutes, then in addition I walk two days for 1 3/4 mile to 2 miles for 40 to 50 minutes. I even walked the mmmovement 5k June 1st and finished in 51 minutes. I've been walking since April, so I'm now starting to try adding some running back in. This time, I'm not doing a traditional C25K, I am just adding a little running here and there so as to SLOWLY ease back into it. So it's not exactly a C25K, but similar, just at my own pace.
  • SweetT415
    SweetT415 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump! Hoping to restart Couch to 5K this month!
  • Fafern
    Fafern Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jennifer from Culpeper, VA. The information in this group has been terrific! I'm planning to start the program in a week or two. Right now, I'm doing low-impact workouts like swimming and biking indoors. I used to run about 2-4 miles regularly over 10 yrs ago, but struggled with shin splints, sprained ankles and possible stress fractures in my feet. So, I'm thankful for the tips on preventing injuries and how to get started on C25K.