starting again. In need of some support

Options
2»

Replies

• kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    thanks. im embarrassed to say i'm still a little confused.

i understand bmr and tdee, but the deficit things loses me a little. i shouldnt go below 1407 (bmr) right? so if i burn about 400 a day, i shoukd really be eating about 1800? so what about the days i dont work out?

Don't complicate things.

Day 1 - Eat 1780 - burn 400 - net 1380
    Day 2 - Eat 1780 - rest day - net 1780
    avg net - 1580
    Over your BMR.

No problem.

Big assumption too you are really burning 400. So that isn't even that big a deficit.

got it!
    I use a HRM. I don't burn 400 everyday though.2x a week I run for about 50 minutes and burn that or more. 3x a week I do cardio for only 15-30 minutes and do strength, though my program is very simple, akin to Stronglifts so I dont lift for an hour or something like other people. So on those days, no I'm not burning 400
  • annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I just want to restate what someone else has said: Research how many calories go into producing breast milk. The 500 calories per day applies to women who are breastfeeding exclusively. So if your 2-year-old is eating normal meals, and is nursing occasionally, this will not be equal to someone whose baby is ONLY nursing, not taking any other foods. Women should also keep in mind that reducing calories too much will decrease milk production... maybe that's what HeyBales was saying when he said the baby doesn't need a deficit! So I just want to encourage you that you are doing this the right way!