Week #2 posts & schedule

Options
2»

Replies

• chickenroti
    chickenroti Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Today my week 2 starts. I did Cardio Power & Resistance this morning and I was knackered! Sooo tired, I had to force myself to sleep last night at 11:00pm. Although I was not very tired, but I felt it this morning at 5:30. I was in no mood to dig deeper...lol. But since I was up and the DVD was on... I did. It was worth it. Can't wait till my Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS Watch with Heart Rate Monitor arrives. Then I can see how much I am really burning.
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    that's a good idea, I have an HRM but not used it...I will start doing so! I imagine I'll need to set the tolerances much higher so it doesnt beep in panic!

More sleep makes such a difference - I'm waking at 5.45 and starting by 6am (I have no idea how you Americans have such early mornings!), and it took me a while to get into that but it's okay now. I cant imagine I'd do as well as you did with only 6h30 sleep :. Well done!
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Today is day 10 for me and actually looking forward to Cardio Circuit, as funny as that may sound.....I did Pure Cardio yesterday (my least favorite lol, wonder why lol) So now i see all the other DVDs as easier lol. I'm so glad that there are people to chat with about Insanity that are on around the same days. It helps so much!
    I am still struggling with the calorie counts because i am so used to only eating 1300 and working out....mind you not as intense as insanity, but i have not seen any weight loss, in fact i've gained but lost 4.5" last week so obviously my body is changing even though the weight number isn't going down. I've accepted that the scale isn't accurate finally after so many years lol.
    I got a chiro adjustment yesterday and tuesdays is going to be a true rest day for me, i've book chiropractor and massage on those days since i have no insanity workout. So looking forward to those days.
  • freefalling83
    freefalling83 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hopping on board here. Week 2 day 5 for mw today, I've been discouraged by gaining on the scale but it sounds like a common thing the first few weeks. Anyone else in this group going thru this?
  • boberrymom
    Options
    Yep i am! The scale has shown me gaining not losing, but my measurements tell me otherwise.
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Cardio power and resistance this morning (I'm a day behind!) - it was great!! Really hot during warm up and was worried but then I felt super strong the whole way through, pushups an' all!

I'm not doing scales or measurements until each fit test...see how that goes...! I'll let you know in a couple of days

TOmorrow I'm doing a 12k run (or more likely a 6k slow jog followed by a 6k walk) at 11am. Do I get up early and do tomorrows session, before the run, or do the run first then do Insanity in the evening? it's pure cardio, so I'm thinking the latter. Thoughts please?

AND YAY I can keep up with pressups! Go pathetic arm muscle developement!
  • boberrymom
    Options
    Awesome! great job! What time is your run? For me it would depend on what time it was, you will need some time to recover because running is as tough a workout as pure cardio is and they will both tire you. I certainly wouldn't do back to back. If possible, do one in the morning, and the other at night but this is dependent when your run is.

I decided i wasn't even going to do the scale anymore, and had my husband hide it because it lies to me all the time. It doesn't tell me that i ate properly all week and worked out everyday, but my measurements do, however i think i am going to only do my measurements at my fit tests as well. I can feel my body changing and that is most important to me.

Good luck on your run :)
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Run is at 11am...I think you're right, I'll go for the morning run and then do Insanity tomorrow night - thanks!

The run ought to be fun - it's the British heart Foundation '999' theme run, so doctors and nurses! If it's bucketing down, I'm going as a patient and wearing jammies over my running stuff, and my fiance is wearing a lab coat. Must remember a camera :)
  • boberrymom
    Options
    Yeah i would wait and have some recovery first. Good luck on your run :)
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Just ran the 8km - was thinking of doing a 3rd lap to make it 12 but my feet acheses! Good thing is that we jogged the whole route, twice around the lake and didn't stop. I thought I'd get 3 or 4k in and not have any legs left but I think doing Insanity has probably built up some more strength and improved breathing and all sorts. Pure Cardio of Insanity this evening :)

Whoop!
  • boberrymom
    Options
    Woot woot! Way to go! Good luck on Insanity tonight.
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Yeah...I failed Insanity, I went to sleep instead, I think the night before caught up! So I did Pure Cardio this morning, and I'll either be a day behind, or I'll try doing Fit test this evening :) measurements in the morning though, so they match the same time I did the first one.

Let me know how your second fit test goes, everyone!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Week 2 is done! I know you are feeling sore and tired! It is totally normal and this means you are making progress. If you need a little help pushing through your workouts, check out Beachbody's E&E Energy and Endurance™ Formula: http://TeamBeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/EandETub E&E is a powerful preworkout drink that is scientifically formulated to dramatically improve your energy, endurance, strength, and focus to help you take your workout to the next level.
    Get ready for Week 3!