Doctor Who Trivia

Options

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    omg, you just reminded me of those little adipose creatures ...... wanted to have one as my profile picture, but someone was already using it :laugh:
  • beckiern1
    beckiern1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    any time i see diet pills i think of the adipose. and then i wish i could have a sonic pen so i could just sonic the excess weight away.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    any time i see diet pills i think of the adipose. and then i wish i could have a sonic pen so i could just sonic the excess weight away.

In fact if the Adipose would have just talked to use I am sure that we could have worked out an agreement where they agree not to kill us and we let them use our excess body fat. We could reach a state of equilibrium where all human would have a healthy amount of body fat in them and they would have a steady stream of newborns to populate with. Since you have to take a pill to be a part of the program it wouldn't be mandatory but I think out relationship with that species could have been quite symbiotic.
  • verptwerp
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Adipose-Plush-Toy/dp/B001MW7HZ6

And for $27.99 plus S&H you too can have the Doctor Who Adipose Plush Toy :laugh:
  • beckiern1
    beckiern1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

In fact if the Adipose would have just talked to use I am sure that we could have worked out an agreement where they agree not to kill us and we let them use our excess body fat. We could reach a state of equilibrium where all human would have a healthy amount of body fat in them and they would have a steady stream of newborns to populate with. Since you have to take a pill to be a part of the program it wouldn't be mandatory but I think out relationship with that species could have been quite symbiotic.

oh i definitely agree. save for the nanny (what was her name? i forget) who was a little crazy with her sonic pen and minions killing people who questioned it, the adipose and the human race could have gotten along quite well, especially with those of us in the states.

anyone remember the names of the planets that were stolen in "The Stolen Earth" and "Journey's End"? i think the adipose planet was one...
  • verptwerp
    Options
    My mind's gone completely blank ....... will have to watch those episodes again :drinker:
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Oh, almost forgot ......

Let's see if I have this right ........ the names of the last four Daleks (part 1 ..... Daleks in Manhattan .... part 2 .....Evolution of the Daleks) are Dalek Caan, Dalek Sec, Dalek Jast and Dalek Thay ...... Sec sacrifices himself to save the Doctor, Jast & Thay get destroyed, and Caan escapes through some temporal time thingie.

drwho4_zps5958199c.jpg
  • verptwerp
    Options
    oh, oh, oh ........ just remembered one ...... The Lost Moon of Poosh :laugh:
  • tinchick
    tinchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options

anyone remember the names of the planets that were stolen in "The Stolen Earth" and "Journey's End"? i think the adipose planet was one...

The only ones I remember are Adipose 3, Pyrovillia, The Lost Moon of Poosh, Clom, and of course, Earth.
  • verptwerp
    Options
    He grinned as Donna slowly opened the Tardis doors. He ran around the console grabbing his coat on the way and chucking it on, his converses slapping on the Tardis floor.

Immediately Donna was bathed in a deep purple glow, she stood in the doorway open-mouthed. The Doctor joined her at the door and together they gazed out across the new world before them. The sky was a deep purple with clouds of a dark grey that seemed to sparkle with every passing ray of light. Donna took a tentative step out of the Tardis and on to this new ground, in a new and wonderful world, to discover it was completely clear, like a shining crystal clear. The landscape looked as if it had been cut out of a diamond. It was quite unnerving actually, thought Donna not really knowing where to put her feet. In the far distance a huge mountain range loomed reflected against the purple sky, the mountains were huge and imposing but had a terrible lonely beauty about them, remind you of anyone?, Donna mused to herself. She looked down at the ground to find her face looking back, but warped and jagged like the reflection in a cracked mirror, she felt as though she was looking at herself but only seeing herself for the very first time in her life. The feeling mad her shudder. The Doctor, who had also been somewhat captivated by the landscape, was roused at her side. He stepped out of the Tardis in front of her and spread his arms wide, that big stupid grin plastered across his face, he turned to face her.

"Welcome Donna Noble to the planet Pyrovillia."

He went on. "It's the second planet in the Krata Constellation, under the peaceful control of the Shadow Proclamation, home to the busiest markets and trade centres in the universe. Whole galaxies do their trading here. Just imagine an outer space Grand Bizarre and you've pretty much got it."

Couldn't remember where I'd heard PYROVILLIA before ....... so looked it up & it sounded so beautiful I decided to copy & paste ...... honestly, I miss that Doctor ...... and Donna was pretty cool too :heart:
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Speaking of missing THAT Doctor, funny story: went to our local Rennaisance Faire yesterday. My girls wore peasant dresses that had felt embroidered TARDISes (TARDI?) on them. My oldest went to the booth where you throw rotten tomatoes at the guy's face. He kept calling her "tiny TARDIS". He yelled "Hey, Tiny TARDIS! Do me a favor and go back in time and bring back David Tennant, because Matt Smith Sucks! And while you're at it, bring back Donna Noble!" DH and I both had our DW tshirts on, so he called us the Doctor Who family. We were pretty amused. :wink:
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options

And for $27.99 plus S&H you too can have the Doctor Who Adipose Plush Toy :laugh:

I got one from a "companion" of mine in England for Christmas!! I love it...as do my kids now that they found it hiding amongst the pillows on my bed.
  • southpaw211
    Options
    Trivia Question:

In light of the recent Time Magazine cover ( http://www.time.com/time/covers/0,16641,20130819,00.html )

Why were the bees disappearing?
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Some of the bees on our planet were indistinguishable from an alien species that chose to live on our planet as bees. When they got wind that the **** was about to hit the fan they evacuated our planet.
  • verptwerp
    Options

I got one from a "companion" of mine in England for Christmas!! I love it...as do my kids now that they found it hiding amongst the pillows on my bed.

I am actually jealous of you :happy:
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Speaking of missing THAT Doctor, funny story: went to our local Rennaisance Faire yesterday. My girls wore peasant dresses that had felt embroidered TARDISes (TARDI?) on them. My oldest went to the booth where you throw rotten tomatoes at the guy's face. He kept calling her "tiny TARDIS". He yelled "Hey, Tiny TARDIS! Do me a favor and go back in time and bring back David Tennant, because Matt Smith Sucks! And while you're at it, bring back Donna Noble!" DH and I both had our DW tshirts on, so he called us the Doctor Who family. We were pretty amused. :wink:

Wonderful ..... and at a Rennaisance Faire, no less ....... sounds like everyone had a great time !
  • verptwerp
    Options
    What food item did both the Ninth and Tenth Doctors urge Rose to eat ?

a. Beans on toast
    b. Bangers and mash
    c. Bubble and squeak
    d. Bananas

The Ninth Doctor discovers that a certain food item is deadly to the Slitheen ..... what was it ?

a. Licorice
    b. Vinegar
    c. Honey
    d. Peanuts

:drinker:
  • Purplewaxhand
    Options
    What food item did both the Ninth and Tenth Doctors urge Rose to eat ?

A) Beans on toast

The Ninth Doctor discovers that a certain food item is deadly to the Slitheen ..... what was it ?

B) Vinegar
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Right you are ....... give the girl an Adipose doll :happy:

Which reminds me, I haven't been eating my beans lately ...... should really add them to my daily food log .......

Hope y'all have an amazing day !
  • southpaw211
    Options
    Beans. Why can you not find store bought beans with low sodium? You can find everything else wih low sodium, but not the beans.

I've made them myself, but nothing tastes as good as Heinz. Or Bachelor even. And forget about American Baked Beans. Can't find them low sodium either.

* Rant over, I just really like beans*