Welcome

Options
2»

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity this morning. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but I know that day 1 fit test is not as hectic as day 2. My usual schedule gets completely messed up in Dec and Jan because both fencing and my gym classes take a break of at least 5 weeks. I need to work on my fitness and can't take that break as we have fencing competition in February. My coach raves about insanity and makes us do the fit test every once in a while so I decided it would keep me busy for the season as well as helping with dropping some centimeters and hopefully a few of the killer grams, improving fitness levels and toning up.
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi. I did Insanity throughout this past year; completed two full rounds and another round in pieces, lol. I realized I hit a plateau and nothing was happening. Yah, I was getting stronger and was able to do more of the moves, but I wasn't seeing the changes I wanted anymore. Then I woke up the other morning and could not bring myself to do another hour long workout. I love Shaun T and I love Insanity, but I needed a break. I ordered Les Mills Combat and have completed two days, so far. I am following the Supreme Warrior workout schedule. It's so nice to feel soreness in new muscles. And right now, I am loving the shorter workout! But at the same time, it feels like I should be doing something more; probably because I'm used to there being more workout to my day, lol.
    One part of me never wanted to give up Insanity because it was hard to get into the groove. It felt like 'why get out and potentially have to start this craziness over again one day?' But that is just what my body needs!! I'm so excited about these next 9 wks!