Level 2 Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• lovingmyreflection
    Options
    I really wanted to do Level 2 Day 2 today, but I am just so exhausted that I think I'll have to take a two day break
  • brookemcfarlin12
    Options
    i'm on day 8 of level one, but I skipped to level 2 because level 1 was too easy and it was hurting my back. This, however, didn't hurt my back one bit, and MAN I am SWEATING!!!!!!! :D I guess i'm going to do 12 days of level 2 haha. Thank goodness level 3 is a breeze because some of her exercises in this level I had to pause and say "what??" I guess practice makes perfect haha :)
  • Tanya1995
    Tanya1995 Posts: 39
    Options
    L2D2 done. This is one tough level I was so sore I had a hard time doing all the plank things but I pushed through them as best as I could. Still dripping sweat. :smokin:

Keep up the good work everyone!!!
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This IS one tough level!

L2 Day One done this morning. I had to stop and catch my breath. as someone else said, doing crunches was almost a relief sometimes.
  • hardyjessicag
    hardyjessicag Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    LV2D2 done- I made myself do it at 11:30 PM tonight, but I did it! I just don't like this level all that much, but 8 more days in relative terms really isn't that long- so I will push through!
  • bpalferys
    bpalferys Posts: 45
    Options
    Day 4 for me! Finally felt like I could do all of the moves without taking breaks (well, less anyway...) apart from double jump rope. I did it yesterday and the impact has given me a knee complaint I think (same one as on Level 1). I got through it by doing single jump rope instead, which still kills me!

Liking that familiar feeling of getting slightly better. Doesn't mean it's any less work, I am still dripping sweat, but it makes it more enjoyable. If I repeat this workout after my holiday I might just skip Level 1, it seems awfully boring now!
  • Tanya1995
    Options
    L2D3 Done

Thankfully not as sore but those darn plank things kill my shoulders. But I pushed through it :)

keep up the good work everyone!!
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    LV2D2 done- I made myself do it at 11:30 PM tonight, but I did it! I just don't like this level all that much, but 8 more days in relative terms really isn't that long- so I will push through!

haha! good job!

L2D2 done....its rough but I got it out of the way for today!
  • cadjin
    cadjin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    L2D3 done, a little easier but still hard work
  • hardyjessicag
    hardyjessicag Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    L2D3 done for me today as well; glad to have gotten it out of the way much earlier than I did yesterday.

Is it time for level 3 yet???
  • lovingmyreflection
    Options
    Level 2 Day 2 complete. I was going to take a two day break (yesterday and today) but I decided to go ahead and do it today. I personally don't like level 2!
  • Tanya1995
    Options
    L2D4 Done! It is definitely getting easier but still a great work out! Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • ragazza1
    ragazza1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Not able to do day 2 today as I've done something to my neck :- ( Hoping the spasm goes by tomorrow as I know I'll not bother if I have too long a break. Not going to be able to finish the full 30 days anyhow as having abdominal surgery in 2 weeks so motivation is slipping a bit.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm bowing out of this. I did all of Level 1, then day 1 of Level 2 and haven't done it at all the past two days. I had sciatica a couple of years ago and it killed my right leg, which started hurting again doing 30DS (and squats at the gym) so I am laying off both of them. I'm going to do lower impact cardio like riding my bike and find some squat alternatives.
    Good luck and congrats to everybody who is doing this!
  • cadjin
    cadjin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not bothered today, being a lovely bank holiday Monday I have been on a 4 mile walk with my hubby and kids instead, far more interesting! lol!
    I am not sure what I have done to my right hamstring and lower ab muscle, but I have had terrible pain with them and doing 30DS yesterday made it worse, so a day off is just what I needed as walking is a lot less impact and burns a lot more calories.
    Being honest, my weight remaining the same is demotivating me alot and making me feel like I am not getting anywhere, I know it is down to muscle building but even so a drop in weight is what I want! I want to lose the lbs to get to my ideal weight range not gain it or remain the same as that is not what I want.
    I came so far last year, losing a lot of weight with very little exercise and now to start exercise and still watch what I eat, and not lose anything bugs the hell out of me. I am going to think seriously as to whether this is the right sort of exercise for me, maybe I would be better off walking and using my elliptical instead, not sure. very demotivated right now :frown:
  • bpalferys
    bpalferys Posts: 45
    Options
    Aww cadjin that's such a shame to hear!
    All I can say is that I've lost weight before (about half a stone on and off) and have fluctuated but have never been happy with the results after losing weight from just dieting. After hearing an interview with Jillian Michaels I was determined that exercise that can change your body for good- after all, if you're cutting calories and exercising then you'll burn fat and build muscle, whereas if you just cut calories your body will use up its fat and muscle at the same time. And the fitter you get, the more you can exercise, and the more fat you will burn. Meaning that what will be left is (eventually!) a lot less weight but a much more toned figure.

That's what I'm hoping, anyway! I still want to lose weight but I don't mind if it's a slightly slower process because of building muscle. I'm tired of going from flabby to slightly less flabby, this time I want to go from flabby to toned!

But, of course, it is 100% up to you as it's your body after all! Do what makes you happy :)

I completed Day 5 today and it's going fine so far, just worried about tomorrow as I have an exam and won't be able to do the shred at my normal time. It'll have to wait until the evening, so here's hoping I still have the energy...
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 1 well, I felt awkward the whole time...there's slot of time doing plank moves..jillian seems a little more likable joking around and laughing and always picking on Natalie...there are more strength moves than cardio I kinda miss level 1 because of this...
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 1 well, I felt awkward the whole time...there's slot of time doing plank moves..jillian seems a little more likable joking around and laughing and always picking on Natalie...there are more strength moves than cardio I kinda miss level 1 because of this...
  • myrealname
    myrealname Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I did D2 L2 today. I forgot to log in yesterday after D1.

I haven't found it too bad but I can't say I'm necessarily doing double jump rope. I try to jump higher but I'm not getting there all the time for sure. Maybe by the end???? I also seem to have a hard time with balance. Standing on one leg and kicking and raising weights, I have to put my foot down all the time (just a tap on the floor really to regain my balance).
  • myrealname
    myrealname Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    To beachgod ......

That's too bad. Good luck on your journey!