Level 2 Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• ragazza1
    ragazza1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    L2 D2 done.Had to have 3 days rest because of a neck spasm and I think it actually helped...needed fewer breaks.
  • Tanya1995
    Tanya1995 Posts: 39
    Options
    Well today is gonna be a rest day for me. TOM decided to visit plus I have doctors appointment today.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Kassadeedle
    Kassadeedle Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Rest day! Day 2 tomorrow morning :)
  • LoseSyra
    LoseSyra Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    L2 Day 5 completed! I'm jumping into this group midstream. I've been working my way through 30DS for about 6 weeks now. I only do it usually 3 days a week. I need rest days for my knees, I swim 2x a week and I've had some very active weekends mowing the lawn (push mower) and mulching (40 bags!) gardens. I didn't measure myself at the beginning, I never seem to know exactly where to put the tape, and its depressing. However, I have seen real progress on my tummy, my waist is definitely smaller -- thank you Jilian for the ab work. On L2 I'm frustrated that my knees can't take the twisty jumps followed by the ice skating lunges. Wish I could jump like Anita, and I think cardio wise I could handle it, but the knees aren't there. I am also frustrated by the fact that although I'm making progress, it's not quick enough! Keep shredding everyone!
  • lovingmyreflection
    Options
    Level 2 Day 5 done! Halfway there!
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    L2 Day 4 done!

almost killed me. I'm starting to actually keep up with them, and use 5 lb weights, but I still can't make it to the end with the final plank twists.

I'm also adding 10-15 min of cardio so as to burn extra fat and am greatly increasing my protein daily.
  • bpalferys
    bpalferys Posts: 45
    Options
    My level 2 was very pathetic today... Jillian would not have been happy.

Still, tomorrow is another day, and I will work my butt off tomorrow. My head and heart were not in it this morning!
  • myrealname
    myrealname Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a rest day today. It's really humid here today and we don't have air conditioning but we are getting it tomorrow! Hooray!
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level 2 Day 4... been lagging a bit. Might be like a 40 day shred by the end of it, lol
    I'm also adding 10-15 min of cardio so as to burn extra fat and am greatly increasing my protein daily.
    Yeah, thats what I've been doing. Upped my calories and protein, (I think you pretty much HAVE to) cuz I run in the evenings. I think its working, cuz I'm definitely getting stronger, but my weight hasn't gone up any.
  • bpalferys
    Options
    Day 9 complete, weigh-in/measure/picture day tomorrow!
    Just worked out that I will finish the Shred the day before my holiday :) I won't be able to weigh where I am but I'll take my tape measure and camera so that I can post a (hopefully improved!) before & after picture.

Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • ragazza1
    ragazza1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    day 3 done...managed without any breaks though still doing some modified moves.
  • Kassadeedle
    Kassadeedle Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done...getting up and doing this at 5:30am is starting to kinda of suck, plus I feel like I'm getting a cold. I think I'm gonna start doing it at night when the kids are in bed even though I'm so tired...I feel like in the morning I'm really stiff and have no energy so I can't put my all into the workout. Plus we cosleep and the baby seems to know as soon as I leave the bed even though I'm super quiet! So I had to pause the DVD in the middle to deal with her. The strength moves in the last circuit KILL my shoulders!
  • CCNYE63
    CCNYE63 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I worked out at 6:00am, hoping to get it in before it got too hot. Unfortunately, it was already 80 degrees so between the heat and the early hour it wasn't pretty. I wanted to quit a couple of times, but stuck with it and finished. I did bicep curls instead of V raises for the chair squats, though. My upper body was dead!
  • jlcarcajc4
    jlcarcajc4 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Been busy last couple days so I haven't posted my daily check ins, however, I have done Level 2 day 5 and did Day 6 this morning! Definitely a lot more challenging than Level 1. Even still Day 6 I have to really push sometimes. However, I was happy to see that I was able to do the plank/thrusts & the plank jacks without modification & without stopping. Of course I go a little slower as to not hurt myself but I don't do Anita's modifications on them. I was pleased. Not so pleased with my eating though. I've seem to fallen off a little since the holiday & all. Can't seem to stop myself at my calorie max for the day. If I want something even though I've eaten all I'm suppose to for the day, I just eat anyway. I've been really down on myself about it. It's like, I'm killing myself in these workouts & then I throw it all way with my eating. It's doing absolutely no good to push through these exercises if I'm not going to eat like I should. UGH.....
  • LoseSyra
    LoseSyra Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time staying in my calories as well. Jlcarcajc -- I feel your pain. I know I don't lose if I eat through all of my exercise calories; apparently I don't have to worry about starvation mode!

Didn't do 30DS last night. Knees just felt lousy, and I was only on one day of 30 DS in a row. I was really disappointed as the one day I did this week I felt pretty darn good ( in a relative, tortured and exhausted sort of way). I did the plank jacks for the first time without modification and without stopping. The only thing modified was not so high on knee raises, jumping jacks and single jump ropes. I did my knee exercises instead. Guess I need to make a point of doing the knee exercises. I feel like if I could just lose another 5lbs the knees would feel better, but I can't exercise sufficiently to help lose that 5 -- which is why its so important to stay within my calories - uuugggghhhh!

Back at it tonight.

Is this level killing anyone else's knees?
  • CCNYE63
    CCNYE63 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My knees have been bothering me, too. They seem fine while I'm exercising, but I notice after-especially on stairs. I modify the pendulum squats by not going so low. That move does bother them.

I'm struggling to keep within my calories, too. I was fine until the holiday, but having a few treats led to craving sweets and doritos! Last night, I ended up going for a long walk so I could have some ice cream after. I'm chewing gum now, trying to ignore the craving for the brownies someone brought to work today. I may have to go home early just to get away from them.
  • bpalferys
    Options
    Don't give in to food cravings and undo all your good work, people! :)

I have been sticking (fairly well) to about 1400cal per day (I'm short). But I have made triple chocolate cookies that have been haunting me all day today, because I'm fasting. Planning a cheeky treat of warm cookies with ice cream tomorrow, as long as I plug it all in on MFP I won't feel guilty!
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 5 done! my knees are a touch sore lately too.

To everyone having trouble staying in their calories for the day>> look into eating things with very high protein but low in fat at every meal.

it's not very glamorous food (lentils, beans, tofu, fish) but its healthy and probably what our muscles need right now since we're working them out so hard. hth! it seems to be working for me lately.
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Today I finished level 2 day 3! I took two days off cause I wasn't feeling well but I'm glad I'm back at it again..hopefully no more days off! Hope everyone's doing great!
  • bpalferys
    Options
    Final day done!

Starting Level 3 tomorrow, which I'm slightly scared but slightly excited about.

Lost 1/2in off my arms and an inch off my abdomen which I am very pleased about, and according to the scales I've hit my first goal of losing half a stone :) Very chuffed!

Still can't see much of a difference in my pictures though :( Perhaps I'm being too self-critical, but I'm a little too self-conscious to post them on here and ask for second opinions!