05/26/13- 06-01-13 Run, Walk or Crawl

Options
reese66
reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
Frustration is the first step towards improvement. I have no incentive to improve if I'm content with what I can do and if I'm completely satisfied with my pace, distance and form as a runner. It's only when I face frustration and use it to fuel my dedication that I feel myself moving forwards. -
John "Penguin" Bingham

15 miles starting Sunday and ending Saturday... Yep that easy and you know you can do it! Just log your daily miles, the total miles for the week and encourage your fellow challengers to make their goals, yep it's that easy.

"Run when you can. Walk when you must. Crawl if you have to. Just never give up." Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathon Man

For the folks returning you know that the 15 miles is not the main goal. The main goal is just to get up and get moving, if you don't meet it that's fine and you surpass it, well that just freaking rocks.

For new comers the preferred method of posting miles would be:

Sunday-miles-what you did Monday-miles-what you did Tuesday-miles-what you did So on and so forth, posted daily or when the miles occur...

Total- Running total for the week thus far

As always this is not set in stone, if you post every other day or whatever fits into your schedule, but please try to stay close to the above format.

For those folks that don't do miles

http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/

for conversion to be made easy (Thanks Nonafit)

Now let's get moving folks :)

Think "easy, light, smooth, and fast. You start with easy, because if that’s all you get, that’s not so bad. Then work on light. Make it effortless, like you don’t give a **** how high the hill is or how far you’ve got to go. When you’ve practiced that so long that you forget you’re practicing, you work on making it smooooooth. You won’t have to worry about the last one – you get those three, and you’ll be fast. -
RIP Micah True aka Caballo Blanco

On your mark, get set....Go

Replies

• sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, how is everyone doing? I have the week off work so I am hoping to get a run in very day.

Sunday 2.5 miles running

Total - 2.5 miles
  • reese66
    Options
    Hey guys, how is everyone doing? I have the week off work so I am hoping to get a run in very day.

Sunday 2.5 miles running

Total - 2.5 miles
    Way to get the week started Sammy :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday. Walked 45 minutes but not sure how far it was or how fast. I'll say 2.25 for the sake of a number. I later got in the car and drove a walking circle (via the street) that is 3.4 miles so I'll walk that tomorrow and see how long it takes. I have a pedometer but don't remember where I might have put it 6 or 7 years ago.

Sunday: 2.25 miles
  • reese66
    Options
    Happy Sunday. Walked 45 minutes but not sure how far it was or how fast. I'll say 2.25 for the sake of a number. I later got in the car and drove a walking circle (via the street) that is 3.4 miles so I'll walk that tomorrow and see how long it takes. I have a pedometer but don't remember where I might have put it 6 or 7 years ago.

Sunday: 2.25 miles

Great job, keep up the awesome work!
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday 6.28 walking

Total 6.28
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Sunday ~ 1.5 miles (walking)
  • reese66
    Options

Sweet, great job!
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    26th May - walk 5k
    27th May - squats
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Sunday: 2.76 miles running (soggy!!!)
    Monday: 9.45 miles stationary bike

WTD: 12.21

Today is the first day of the annual Avond4Daagse here in Etten-Leur. It's a thing they do here in Nederland where you can sign up to walk either 5K or 10K for 4 evenings in a row. At the end of it, you get a nice little medal with the number of times you've completed the walk. It's really popular with kids at the elementary school level.

Of course, having an 8-year-old, I'm going. Again. Out of the 11 years I've lived in this country, I've done this walk 9 times. Guess that's what I get for spacing my kids out every 4 1/2 years! ;-)

The good part is that I'll get in 20K worth of walking (at least) in addition to all my usual numbers.

Bring it on!
  • debi_f
    Options
    Well, I made it! (And tonight must have been the long walk, because they shorten the last evening, because runtastic logged the mileage as 5.49 miles!)

Monday: 9.45 miles stationary bike; 5.49 miles walking

WTD: 17.70
  • reese66
    Options
    Well, I made it! (And tonight must have been the long walk, because they shorten the last evening, because runtastic logged the mileage as 5.49 miles!)

WTD: 17.70

Kicken some booty, awesome as always :)
  • sammylc
    Options
    Sunday 2.5 miles running
    Monday 2.5 miles running

Total - 5 miles
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday 6.28 walking
    Monday 2.92 walk/run

Total 9.2
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday 6.28 walking
    Monday 2.92 walk/run

Total 9.2
  • melkadee
    Options
    Monday ~ 2.2 miles (walking)

Total - 3.7 miles
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Here's to a much better week exercise wise.

Sunday: 0 Miles
    Monday: 3 Miles

Total - 3 miles

Planning 3 miles this evening
  • sammylc
    Options
    Sunday 2.5 miles running
    Monday 2.5 miles running & 0.5 mile walking
    Tuesday 1.2 miles running & 0.5 mile walking

Total - 7.2 miles
  • melkadee
    Options
    Monday ~ 2.2 miles (walking)
    Tuesday~ 2.1 miles (walking)

Total - 5.8 miles
  • reese66
    Options
    Doing great ladies, very motivating :)
  • debi_f
    Options
    Tuesday: 6.41 miles walking; 2.32 miles running; 8.4 miles biking
    Wednesday: 10.34 miles stationary bike; (walking tonight, too, so I'll be back to add in that mileage!)

WTD: 45.17 miles

Keep it up, everyone! It's a great week to get moving ;-)