C25K - July, 2012

Options
124»

Replies

• AndreaPool
    AndreaPool Posts: 45
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? I just completed W4D2

2. How do you feel? Good!! Today felt easier than the first day of W4...

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I added about a minute of running to the last run section, because I wanted to reach a certain point :)

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I'm slowly getting faster... Running+walking 4.4km in about 32 minutes now seems pretty good :)
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? Did W4D3 this morning.
    2. How do you feel? Amazing!!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? I repeated days in Week 1,2,and 3 but am not going to repeat any days in week 4 and see how it goes.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I stretched out my run to 3 miles. W4D3 session took me 2.25 miles to complete the intervals (darn stop lights) then I walked the rest to make the whole run 3 miles. The whole run took me 36 minutes to complete this time (little slower today) Also ran for 2 miles after session.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I am feeling amazing. Right now this running stuff feels like it is just about second nature to me now. I am looking forward to W5 D1. Bring it on.
    Check my blog for my personal progress: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Jaccyber
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? WK4 D1 & 2
    2. How do you feel? Great
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Yes. I have been able to do both however I don't know why this week has been more challenging but it has. One day I do great the next session I struggle.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? At LEAST another 30 minutes every session. I try to go a minimum of 3 miles each outing.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I am going to hang out on WK 4 another week. I don't feel ready to move to WK 5 at this point.
  • seasicksquid
    seasicksquid Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on?

I'm starting W3 today.

2. How do you feel?

Nervous about running 3 minutes, but I know I can do it! Excited that I've gotten this far, and also motivated both my SO and a coworker to also start the program.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day?

I did both W1 and W2 an extra day.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?

My pace has slowly sped up from 15:00 to about 13:00 now.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?

I've lost 20 lbs...and I DREAM about running!!
  • classictoaster
    Options
    I know I've posted on here once, but I always love to see progress. (:

Starting W7 tomorrow evening.

2. How do you feel?
    Awesome. It's amazing to realize just how adaptable the body is - I went from struggling to make 5 minutes, to breezing through 20. There is literally no other motivator than to realize how much more I can do if I set my mind to it.

Nope.

I always like to jog into my cooldown a little bit, just to prove to myself that I can survive the next run. ;)

My increased endurance, for one. Since starting running, I haven't seen too many changes in the scale, but I have seen slight differences in body composition (though I can't tell if that's due to the running or the weight lifting). Either way, it's definitely doing me more good than bad, and I could not be happier with the personal records I have made and continue to break. (:
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? Did W5D1 this morning.
    2. How do you feel? Amazing!!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? I repeated days in Week 1,2,and 3 but am not going to repeat anymore days in the program and see how it goes.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I stretched out my run to 3 miles. W5D1 session took me 2.5 miles to complete the intervals then I jogged the rest to make the whole run 3 miles. The whole run took me 36 minutes to complete this time Kept running after the 3 mile mark for another 1.5 miles. (Went a total distance of 4.5 miles)
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Had a bit of cramping in right leg this time on the last mile but otherwise I am feeling amazing. This whole C25K program is AWESOME. I am looking forward to W5 D2. Bring it on.
    Check my blog for my personal progress: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Jaccyber
  • fitnesskb12
    fitnesskb12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W3D1
    2. How do you feel? Much Better than last week!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? not yet
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I always add more walking time at the end.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Last week I was having serious shin pains while running but I think I was over doing it. I was doing a lot of exercise every day. I learned the hard way to definitely rest in between run days. After resting the weekend today went much better. the 3 minutes was very long but I did it! The difference I feel is amazing. I feel so much better about myself just for continuing to try every week. It is really encouraging to see all of the posts here and the weight loss. My 5k is Labor day so I have to really keep after it!
  • Kjphotography90
    Kjphotography90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? I will start W2D1 tomorrow!
    2. How do you feel? Challenged every single workout
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet but i'm nervous about moving on to W2. I'm struggling with breathing.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Sometimes I walk a few extra laps after the cool down!
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I'm dropping a good bit of weight and am really enjoying the feeling of accomplishment after a run!! :)
  • AndreaPool
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? Just finished W4D3

2. How do you feel? Proud! :) I got sick on Saturday with strep throat, high fevers Sunday... Took Monday off and took another rest day (no exercise) on Tuesday... So I was anxious to find out whether it had killed my progress, but luckily it wasn't too bad (I was a bit slower than last run, but that might have been because of the heat as well...)

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No...

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I'm becoming better at motivating myself, because I somehow really have started to believe that I can do this... So if even the slightest negative thought crosses my mind, I tell myself "NO! I can do this!" It's great :)!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? WK5 D1x2
    2. How do you feel? Great
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? I am doing each day twice for now.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? At LEAST another 30 minutes every session. I try to go a minimum of 3 miles each outing. Today I went 5.25 miles though the last 2.0 was walking only.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I had some mental road blocks about progressing to WK5. Thanks to the encouragement of some of my mfp friends, that road block has gone bye bye:bigsmile:
  • AndreaPool
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W5D1

2. How do you feel? Okay... It was a stretch, but I'm happy I finished it!

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I ran one minute during my cool down, just to convince myself that I was still able to do more and mentally prepare myself for the next run day...

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? With the days getting more demanding on me, I need to constantly tell myself that I really can do this and that I shouldn't give up... Today was rough, so I'm planning to prepare myself better for the next run (especially mentally)
  • behind_blue_eyes_83
    behind_blue_eyes_83 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? Finished Week One yesterday - start Week Two on Monday
    2. How do you feel? Great!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Only walking from end of cool-down to home
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? It's harder to run outside than working out indoors (I've been doing EA Sports Active 2 since Jan). But much nicer in the sunshine! Excited for Week Two!
  • rgm66
    rgm66 Posts: 33
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W2D2
    2. How do you feel? Pretty good
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I have more energy
  • tlc36
    tlc36 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    W4D1 and I killed it!! I have never been active at all so it feels GREAT!
  • centralvicgirl
    centralvicgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W2D1
    2. How do you feel? Can feel the slight 'tiredness' in my lower half but feel good about myself
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Although I do not find it easy (even at the jog 90 secs mark), I have more determination and confidence in myself to keep going anyway.
  • redrover
    redrover Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? Finished W2D1
    2. How do you feel? Run is feeling easier but no significant change in speed.
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No, but may do it this week bc I missed runs due to illness.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Feeling more confident I can get faster by 5K in October. I feel faster even if I'm not yet.
  • Jaccyber
    Options

2. How do you feel?

1. W5 D3 Today (Saturday)
    2. On top of the world.
    3. Yes
    4. Set out to do 20 min jog... put 25 mins on the watch to see if maybe I could go that long and actually went for 31 minutes. Feel so awesome right now. Just to know that I can do that is a great feeling.
    5. Yes... I can run for 31 minutes straight.
  • AndreaPool
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W5D2 just completed!!!

2. How do you feel? Good, today was a lot better than yesterday (did W5D1 yesterday early morning and had to do this one now)... Am relieved that this one didn't feel so 'heavy'

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I ran 90 extra seconds during cool down... just because I felt like it :)

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I'm working on changing my mindset about the longer stretches of running... Before they seemed so daunting in my mind that I actually couldn't believe I would be able to do it... And now that I'm noticing that I can, I know I have to keep telling myself that over and over again... Looking forward to W5D3!
  • centralvicgirl
    centralvicgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W2 D2

2. How do you feel? A bit sore in some muscles but not sure if that's from boxercise last night, or from running

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I ran for the last 60 seconds, because I felt able.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Even though I still find it tough to run even 90 secs, and was feeling it today, I got to the end to discover I'd run faster, and gone further in the same amount of time - which made me feel good!
  • the1to1
    the1to1 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi Runners,

I started a C25K - August, 2012 thread and hope that everyone will join us over there. I've really enjoyed reading everyone's progress.

Wishing everyone continued success on their C25K!