London 2012 - Olympics time again

Options

Replies

• TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'll watch everything, I do anyway but at least now it will stop me watching Man Vs Food and Drive-ins diners and dives and them shows when I'm at home!
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I'll watch everything, I do anyway but at least now it will stop me watching Man Vs Food and Drive-ins diners and dives and them shows when I'm at home!

why am i not surprised you watch man vs food. i only discovered it quite recently and i must say it is quite addictive. makes your mouth water all the time
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Them shows are part of the Meditation! So much of our enjoyment of food isn't actually ingesting it. Those shows and Just walking Past McDonalds can get you by some days!
  • ackeebee
    Options
    lol, you are something else. i agree with you though.
    there is a chinese restaurant below my office and some days all i need is to open all the windows and doors so the scent can blow in. i have not eaten chinese food in over a year
  • Kaybee1011
    Kaybee1011 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am having people over for lunch on Friday...........I already warned them that I need my house back by 4pm for the opening ceremony..........dont want to have to compete with them and the Christian channel....vision TV
  • ackeebee
    Options
    lol lol, well if you are entertaining for lunch i can't see any reason why your guests would expect to still be there at 4pm, unless they think you are offering them dinner as well.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    chrisja, is caster semenya taking part this year?
  • ackeebee
    Options
    i am tempted to get a takeaway tonight just in time for the opening ceremony but not sure it is a good idea
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options

Wha yuh a talk bout? Den nuh he supposed to a cyaah di South African flag?...lol
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Well people...the fever is in full effect for me and right now I am trying to be extra busy at work (while still checking MFP...LOL) because come 2:30pm the latest I am bolting out of here to watch the opening ceremony from the comfort of my home. There is a working tv in my office but I dont want to have to miss anything when I have to leave here at closing time and drive home. That tv and the computer will come in handy as of next week when I shall be "working hard and not paying attention to anything olympics"...lol...or so they think.
  • ackeebee
    Options

Wha yuh a talk bout? Den nuh he supposed to a cyaah di South African flag?...lol

lol, suh mi si
  • ackeebee
    Options
    BTW...What do you guys think of the Cedella Marley designed Team Jamaica costumes?

actually the outfits looked quite nice lastnight. i think they changed it up abit (apart from the women's skirt lol)
  • ackeebee
    Options
    lol...I didn't even pay attention to the shoes. I saw on Facebook where Bolt is bigging up the clothes so I suppose he likes it.

I know of track and field events (the usual running, plus steeplechase, discus, triple jump, long jump, shot putt and decathalon), equestrian, swimming and taekwondo. I dont think the rifle shooting person will be there this year.

let me know the schedule for these other events apart from track and field that JA will be participating in so i can look out for it. i know there's some swimming taking place this morning
  • ackeebee
    Options
    so bolt or blake? who's your money on?
  • TreAckee
    TreAckee Posts: 26
    Options
    Blake I hope! LOL But if Bolt win mi still happy but cyah really tek him... :/
  • ackeebee
    Options
    As long as a Jamaican win I am cool though i have a slight preference for Bolt. I don't think the world is ready for the new kid just yet.....they love Bolt too much...
  • msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Anybody, once its Jamaican.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    lol, yes i agree. nice new pic msenior.

btw, what did you guys think about the opening ceremony?
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    Asafa looking good these days. but muscles don't win races all the same :bigsmile: . I think it would be nice for Bolt to win at his last Olympics and then Blake can take over next time.

I heard rave reviews about the Queen's sketch and Mr. Bean, but didn't see much of the opening ceremony (thought that it would be boring :blushing: ).
  • ackeebee
    Options
    I would like to see Asafa get a medal but it is unlikely he will get gold or even silver in the 100m with Bolt and Blake plus Gay and Gatlin.

I enjoyed the opening ceremony but I am assuming that if you are not British or living in Britain you probably wouldn't get some if it. I liked the whole industrial revolution concept plus the whole music/dancing section. The only bit I didn't quite get was the nurses/docs and kids from the Great Ormond Street Hospital. I understand they were paying tribute to the NHS but still I got a little bit lost. Overall a great performance in my opinion:laugh: and indeed very British:smile: