Workout Buddies - Gyms

Options

Replies

• docjoe
    docjoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Lifetime Fitness at Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Savage, and sometimes Lakeville.

I'm at the Prior Lake Y but am thinking about switching to Lifetime because the Y doesn't open early enough. The plan would be to use the Bloomington facility on the way to work ( the one near 494). How do you like it?
  • JennaClaire520
    JennaClaire520 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think that's Bloomington North. Their cardio machines are nice- they have treadmills with tvs in them (Lifefitness instead of Matrix). They don't have ellipticals with tvs in them- but they do have really nice ellipticals otherwise. They have an indoor track, hot tub, some very challenging classes that WILL change your body for the better. Regular maintenance is not something you usually need to worry about since they have an engineer that takes very good care of the equipment. There's a good amount of freeweight equipment- including benches, a cable tower, two squat racks, two smith machines, plate-loaded machines (leg press, lat pulldown, etc.), freemotion equipment, dumbbells up to 130 lbs, TRXs upstairs that they don't care if you use, kettlebells (again, free to use whenever), their own cycling studio., I like Lifetime since I have a gold membership to all gold/bronze level clubs- it makes it nice to go to different classes or chill out at the pool during the summer. The trainers aren't quite as outgoing at LTF as they are at the Y, but the members and front desk employees are very nice and very friendly. If there's anymore info you're curious about for the club, just let me know!
  • Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I workout at the LA Fitness in Uptown(Minneapolis,MN) or the LA Fitness in St.Louis Park,MN.
  • docjoe
    docjoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Oh and I did join the Bloomington North Lifetime, what a great facility compared to the Y!
  • Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I workout at the LA Fitness in Uptown or in Hopkins.

I also workout at LA Fitness in Uptown and St.Louis Park.
  • The_Carrie
    The_Carrie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Anytime Fitness, Roseville. Represent! :)
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am getting my very first gym membership at the YMCA in Lino Lakes...I may use a few different locations though because they all have a little something different to offer. So Coon Rapids, Andover, Whitebear Lake, Shoreview and Lino Lakes...possibly even downtown st paul while I am at work!
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am getting my very first gym membership at the YMCA in Lino Lakes...I may use a few different locations though because they all have a little something different to offer. So Coon Rapids, Andover, Whitebear Lake, Shoreview and Lino Lakes...possibly even downtown st paul while I am at work!
    I'm at the Coon Rapids location daily.
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options

Sweet, we joined as a family tonight out at the Lino Lakes location. Do you know if the Coon Rapids one have racquetball. I have always wanted to learn it.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options

How are the rates? I live in Lauderdale!

Currently attending Movement Minneapolis, Uptown MN. Love my trainer Megan! Let me know if you're interested in joining our growing group, she's awesome. =)
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sweet, we joined as a family tonight out at the Lino Lakes location. Do you know if the Coon Rapids one have racquetball. I have always wanted to learn it.
    No racquetball. Sorry. :cry:
  • The_Carrie
    The_Carrie Posts: 23 Member
    Options

How are the rates? I live in Lauderdale!

Currently attending Movement Minneapolis, Uptown MN. Love my trainer Megan! Let me know if you're interested in joining our growing group, she's awesome. =)

I've been there pretty much since they opened. It's my understanding that I have their opening price vs. what they've gone up to now. I believe they're about $45 a month though....?
  • KDfor3
    KDfor3 Posts: 19
    Options
    Northstar Fitness in Superior WI...right across the bridge from Duluth, MN.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I work out at Gold's Gym in Woodbury, say hi if you see me.

No longer at Gold's Gym, I am now at Blast Fitness in St. Paul (Sunray Mall).
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Lifetime Fitness - Coon Rapids
  • bhayes82
    bhayes82 Posts: 37
    Options
    YMCA Downtown Minneapolis or YMCA Northwest (New Hope)... also willing to try a new Y!

I tend to do ~30 minutes of lifting or some cardio a few times a week... might be down for some racquetball or other stuff to make my workouts a little more social.
  • prettyboy1975
    Options
    I workout at the Community Center in Monticello...
  • Apple2jacks
    Options
    L.A. Fitness in Edina until the one in Richfield opens up in October.
  • khaleesinoodlebelly
    khaleesinoodlebelly Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Blaisdell YMCA. Love the giant windows to look out of while on the machines :)
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I go to LA Fitness St. Louis Park, and sometimes Uptown and Hopkins. I'm less than a mile from the SLP LA Fitness, so that's my primary spot, but the dudes at the Uptown LA are way hotter so sometimes I go there for the eye candy. :laugh: I used to do Zumba at Hopkins regularly but it got to be waaaaay too crowded and annoying.

I would LOVE a workout buddy, especially someone who's into lifting heavy. I've got the cardio and classes down, but want to get more comfortable in the big boy weight room. Please add me if you would be open to teaching a little lady how to lift heavy stuff.