Introductions

Options

Replies

• rgarza82
    rgarza82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Rachel from WA state. I have 3kids under 5 and a hubby of 8 years. After my hubby joined a gym (cross fit) and was noticeably toning, conditioning, building strength, and loosing inches - I decided it was time to do something too. Besides that my 10year high school reunion was around the corner. Through a crash diet I lost 10lbs. And continued by just watching what I ate and how much and when. I was able to loose 20lbs. Then came the new year (2012) and it was time to step it up. By joining a gym and working out at least 5 days a week I was able to loose an additional 30lbs! Myfitnesspal helped too because I barely became aware of it in January and its been a great tracking tool ever since. Weight loss is private and personal to me. I don't post or sync my progress to Facebook however I would appreciate more MFP friends so feel free to request me. My kids motivate me to go to gym on days I least expect to go because there is a kids room there that they enjoy going to. I've hit a plateau, but then again I am 10 weeks along w/baby #4! At this point of pregnancy, I'd like to maintain my weight so additional tips, motivation, would be great! And don't forget to request me! Just let me know u r from this group :)
  • aross999
    aross999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Name: Ali
    Hubby/Partner: Paul
    How many kids do you have: This is number one!
    Due Date: March 1st 2013
    Do you know the gender: Not yet - we should know in October
    Have you picked out the baby's name: We have a boys name set and a list of girl names we are considering
    Where do you live: Texas
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: I'm lucky to get walking in daily. My energy level has been nonexistent, but seems to be coming back up. A friend is loaning me a copy of Body by Trimester, so I'm anxious to give that a shot.

This pregnancy happened much earlier in our marriage than we planned, but we are SO excited! Congrats to everyone! Message me if we are close in dates and we can help each other out!
  • annamerrick
    annamerrick Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Name: Anna
    Hubby: John
    How many kids do you have: 2 --> Sam, almost 3 (33 months), Ben 14 months
    Due Date: March 26, 2013
    Do you know the gender: too early, but plan to find out in early Nov (come on, Girl!!)
    Have you picked out the baby's name: no, not until he/she is born
    Where do you live: Nebraska
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: jog/run 6.0 mph, lifting moderate weights (was about 1/2 way through NROLFW when I found out)
    Anything else you'd like to share: I will not (repeat, WILL NOT) gain 50 lbs again!!! It does not come off as easily as the first pregnancy weight did!
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Name: Caroline
    Hubby/Partner: Hubby Tony
    How many kids do you have: 1 son & 3 angels
    Due Date: April 9, 2013
    Do you know the gender: Not yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name: nope
    Where do you live: Chula Vista, CA
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Stroller Strides 3-4x per weeks. Walk/jog a bit as well.
    Anything else you'd like to share: I'm very cautious with this baby. Had a missed miscarriage in May and stillborn twins last September.
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Name: Caroline
    Hubby/Partner: Hubby Tony
    How many kids do you have: 1 son & 3 angels
    Due Date: April 9, 2013
    Where do you live: Chula Vista, CA
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Stroller Strides 3-4x per weeks. Walk/jog a bit as well.
    Anything else you'd like to share: I'm very cautious with this baby. Had a missed miscarriage in May and stillborn twins last September.
  • mercywamae
    Options
    Name: Mercy
    Hubby/ Ken
    How many kids do you have? This will be our first:-)!
    Due Date: 5th January 2013
    Do you know the gender :No
    Have you picked out the bab's name: Yes, At least the second name, in our tradition you already know the second name before you even get married (LOL) Wambui for girl, Murigu for boy. we are still looking for first names for the babies.
    Where do you live: Kenya
    Workout you are doing while pregnant: walking and waiting for the cold season to pass so that i can start swimming.
    Anything you'd like to share: i have added so much weight and Iam terrified that it will not go down. Iam determined to look good during my pregnancy and after i deliver
  • lniber22
    lniber22 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Name: Lea
    Hubby/Partner: Will
    How many kids do you have: This will be our first :)
    Due Date: April 5th, 2013 (according to app on phone, first Dr.'s appt. is tomorrow!)
    Do you know the gender: WAAAAAAAAY to early to tell
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Yes, we have both sexes picked out.
    Where do you live: Canton, Ga.
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Running (in the 1st & 2nd trimesters), have been doing Crossfit since March but am going to talk to my Dr. about if I can continue at all and to what capacity. Looking into some light DVD's geared toward 1st trimester, so any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Anything else you'd like to share: Excited but more so in worry mode! I want to remain active but paranoid about affecting the baby. I've done elliptical the past two days and keep my heart rate around 140 which seems to be what all the articles recommend!

Feel free to add me! Anybody else just found out and in the Canton area? :happy:
  • eribooo
    eribooo Posts: 10
    Options
    Name: Erica
    Hubby/Partner: Bryan
    How many kids do you have: Currently, just three cat babies.
    Due Date: November 16th, 2012
    Do you know the gender: It's a girl!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Evelyn Rose
    Where do you live: East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Yoga and walking. I've got a bad back, so it's tough!
    Anything else you'd like to share: I'm looking for other ladies to get motivated with, especially if you have GD or are in northeast Ohio!
  • vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Name: Mari

How many kids do you have: One + 4 Fur Baby's + 2 Fur Kitty's
    Due Date: April 8, 2013
    Where do you live: Vegas Baby!
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: None Yet... I've been sick for the past 10 days :(
  • lexgem
    lexgem Posts: 163
    Options
    Name: Lex
    Hubby/Partner: Daniel
    How many kids do you have: None yet, I have had 3 miscarriages in the first trimester as well as several chemical pregnancies
    Due Date: November 5th, 2012
    Do you know the gender: It's a girl!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Héloïse (the H is silent, pronounced the same as Eloise)
    Where do you live: France
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking and just started swimming again
  • brees25
    brees25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Name: Beth
    Hubby/Partner: Doug
    How many kids do you have: 1 son (2 yrs)
    Due Date: March 4, 2013
    Where do you live: Parker, CO
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Nothing lately due to bad morning sickness :( But, hoping for using the eliptical & walking, as well as yoga.
    Anything else you'd like to share: Nothing right now
  • CherryIceGlitter
    Options
    Hi everyone :) Feel free to add me as a friend

Name: Nikki
    How many kids do you have: This will be my first!!
    Due Date: 11th March 2013
    Do you know the gender: Not yet but I want to as soon as I can so I can start shopping!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Emmie for a girl and Bobby or Billy for a boy
    Where do you live: Nottingham, UK
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: As I am struggling with pregnancy breathlessness I cant really do much cardio exercise (I am usually pretty fit and healthy) I am going to try Yoga and Swimming soon
    Anything else you'd like to share: I already have cravings but luckily for me they are tomatos - tomato juice, soup, sauce.. everything tomato!
  • runknopp
    runknopp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Name: Michelle
    Hubby: Philip
    How many kids do you have: 2 boys, 10 yrs, and almost 4
  • rosannadanna12
    Options
    Name: Rosanna
    How many kids do you have: This will be our third!
    Due Date: April 16, 2013
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Not yet
    Where do you live: Okinawa, Japan
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Running, elliptical, light weights.
    Anything else you'd like to share: I should probably tell my husband : )
  • denimnlace
    denimnlace Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm returning...I got off track for a little while!! Still been working out, but food is making me CRRAAZZZYYY!!! haha. Add me if you want!! I can use the support!! Thanks!!

Name: Randa
    Hubby/Partner: Matthew
    How many kids do you have: This will be our first!! :)
    Due Date: December 14th 2012
    Do you know the gender: BOY!!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Matthew "Lane"
    Where do you live: Tuscaloosa, AL
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking, Prenatal Yoga, Dance, Weight Training (lite)
  • keyalus
    keyalus Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Name: Kia
    Hubby/Partner: Deontrey
    How many kids do you have: 1 Son who is almost 3 Y/O
    Due Date: April 4th
    Do you know the gender: Nope
    Have you picked out the baby's name: I have a short list of girl and boy names that I like.
    Where do you live: Atlanta, GA
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: CrossFit, Running, Step Aeorobics. Any/all of this could change as things progress.
    Anything else you'd like to share: Even though I don't really enjoy being pregnant, my first pregnancy was kind of sweet. I didn't get much morning sickness and I didn't have heartburn or awful Braxton Hicks contractions. I'm hoping this pregnancy is just as "easy"!
  • Hilary75
    Hilary75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Name: Hilary
    Hubby/Partner: Brandon
    How many kids do you have: 2-year old twins
    Due Date: April 5, 2013
    Do you know the gender: Nope
    Have you picked out the baby's name: We have a girl name that we like but are still kicking around boy names. It's still very early and we may change our mind about the girl name too though.
    Where do you live: Baltimore, MD
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: zumba, step 360 and Barre classes. I also run 3 - 4 times per week and do some weights to maintain my muscle tone during pregnancy.
    Anything else you'd like to share: We had to enlist some medical magic to conceive our twins but this babe was a total unplanned, wonderful surprise!
  • jag112178
    jag112178 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Name: Mandy
    Hubby/Partner: Jason
    How many kids do you have: 1 - 3 1/2 year old Daughter - Riley
    Due Date: December 11, 2012
    Do you know the gender: GIRL
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Reagan Jade
    Where do you live: Concord, NC
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: walking mostly. I was doing zumba the 1st trimester
    Anything else you'd like to share: This preg has been a struggle. I work outside a lot and it has been extremely hot and humid. I have started to retain a lot of fluid in my lower legs and hands. I am really trying to eat better and cut out sodium but it is difficult. I feel like a blimp!
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    Name: jessica
    Hubby/Partner: kory
    How many kids do you have: 1 son who is almost 6 months old!!
    Due Date: April 11th
    Do you know the gender: not going to find out for this one :wink:
    Have you picked out the baby's name: we have a girls name picked out...and are going back and forth with some boys names
    Where do you live: connecticut
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: running & at home dvd's (yoga and strength training)

Anything else you'd like to share: my husband and i always wanted our children close in age and its such a blessing that i am pregnant again. i can not be more thrilled and just anxious to see how this pregnancy goes! and definitely feel free to add me as a friend!!!
  • dbaumgarn
    dbaumgarn Posts: 111
    Options
    Name: Debbie
    Hubby: Matt
    Children- 3 1/2 year old..and Angel Baby born into heaven 4/20/11
    Due: 4/14/13
    Very newly pregnant...nobody knows;)
    have not picked out a name
    Live in SD
    Workouts: Running..going to look for a prenantal workout.
    Looking forward to this pregnancy, want to stay fit and healthy throughout so it's not so hard to loose the baby weight once baby is born. So excited!!!