What do you want to do once you've lost some weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I share many of the ones already listed, stores, roller coasters, bathing suits. Also, I would love to be able to tie my shoes sitting in a chair, instead of needing to be on the bed where I can bring my leg up next to me.

Like many others have said - TRAVEL! No worries on a plane, no worries walking around a fabulous exotic city, no worries about hundreds of stairs to get to a monument.

And, my own "I have made it!" celebration goal... hang gliding.
  • dblosmith
    dblosmith Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I already knocked a few things off my list already...

- Not shopping at big and tall store (but I still do because I'm so tall)
    - Being able to fit on roller coasters
    - Not looking completely ridiculous if riding a sport motorcycle (my gift to myself for losing 120, although gained 20 back. :( )

I admit the rest of my list is extremely superficial, but whatever motivates you, right?

- Go to a water park without feeling extremely ridiculous
    - All variations on turn heads, look attractive, etc, etc.
    - Able to shop at the store that was the bane of my overweight existence: Abercrombie & Fitch lol... Nah, I still hate that store
  • TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I would like to be able to buy clothes at a store instead of a specialty catalog or making them.
    I want to run a marathon.
    I want to be able to buy a plane ticket and go somewhere, not be limited to driving if my family wants to travel.
    I want to be able to go to my kids' schools and not have my kids made fun of for having a fat mom.
    I want to go out in public and not have kids poke my butt and run away giggling. Happens more than you would think.
  • tessdel
    tessdel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1. Ride the Ferris Wheel at the Texas State Fair
    2. Wear high heel boots/shoes
    3. Start riding horses again, and possibly show jumping (if the "bad" knee will tolerate)
    4. Join a Co-Ed softball team

Of course, there are bunches and bunches MORE, but those are the ones that pop to mind. I was soooooo thankful when I finally lost enough to fit into restaurant booths! It was such a headache always having to have a table and never being able to sit at a booth, and my family just never understood why we had to always sit at a table.
  • Mrbusterb
    Mrbusterb Posts: 114
    Options
    I want to have better sex
  • RobinM1976
    Options
    I want to be able to wear sexy clothes again, play with my daughters, dance, have energy, and find clothes at the store and not have to order everything on-line. I also want to prove everyone wrong and show them that I can lose the weight!!!
  • matthew_b
    matthew_b Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I want to go out in public and not have kids poke my butt and run away giggling. Happens more than you would think.

I got a variation of that when I went to China. I got poked in the gut multiple times by kids. I think they'd never seen a 300+ lb guy in their life.
  • matthew_b
    matthew_b Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I want to have better sex

Down 113 lbs you should sure notice the difference already! I sure do.