La Vuelta Challenge 2012 - The third Grand Tour

Options

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    there's still a week for people to sign up, so we'll leave it flexible I think... as long as it gets people out there riding it's good by me.
  • nerdieprofessor
    nerdieprofessor Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You gave my number away... <sobs>

Please see my post on the previous thread 7/31...
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    You gave my number away... <sobs>

Please see my post on the previous thread 7/31...

Yeah - I remember you saying if I didn't sort one out, you'd do one, and that if I set one up you'd join, but I totally missed the "i'm going away on business for a week" bit, so I just allocated the numbers as they came in...

Tell you what - if you're set on #305, and if my fellow Yorkshireman is amenable, I'll jump ship to team #2 and ride #311, Katosdad can have #309 and you can keep your number :smile:
  • nerdieprofessor
    Options
    Whatever. Just don't leave me out. I'm already short and fat and bald, I don't need more reasons to be paranoid. ;-)

Make me 313 and find me some teammates... :bigsmile:

C'mon cloggsy, let's find some teammates. :o)
  • nerdieprofessor
    Options
    Yea snow!
  • jhalsey205
    jhalsey205 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm game!
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    So, so far we have

311 - jhalsey*
    313 - NerdieProfessor*
    316 - Cloggsy71
    319 - SnowRidesBike*

(*) - Feel free to swap your numbers around to one you like... I've just stuck the names in TBH
  • nerdieprofessor
    Options
    Yea. I have been beating the bushes... But lots of my cycling pals on here don't do GPS, apparently. We only need five more...
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    315 Rajiv Dubey
  • nerdieprofessor
    Options
    Just need four more... Who else can we prod?

I swear I am going to make my husband sign up for MFP...
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    311 - jhalsey*
    313 - NerdieProfessor*
    315 - RajivDubey
    316 - Cloggsy71
    319 - SnowRidesBike*
  • momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options

OK then I'll do this. There's a very real possibility that I'll end up having knee surgery before it's all over, but I'll do my best to put it off until after the challenge :)

311 - jhalsey*
    313 - NerdieProfessor*
    314 - momocurti
    315 - RajivDubey
    316 - Cloggsy71
    319 - SnowRidesBike*

Oh, but I'm not on any of those GPS doohickies... I'm on MapMyRide. Will that work?
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Oh, but I'm not on any of those GPS doohickies... I'm on MapMyRide. Will that work?

If you've either a normal cycle computer or any other means of measuring your ride distance, you can happily join. The GPS logging is more for the confirmation of the "jerseys" - i.e. individual competitions where it's distance, time or altitude critical, and for the sake of fairness we do need to verify the actual figures recorded. But, for the sake of the overall challenge, date, km's and time taken (from your wristwatch if neccesary) is fine.
  • TrekCat
    TrekCat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    JUST because Snow is on the team :) AND if you still need someone I would like to join in. My participation will be limited to Sunday's, Monday's and Friday's maybe. Is that ok? If you have someone who can do more I will back out. If only this were running! Can talk to SlyMom and see if she can join also.....
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    311 - jhalsey*
    313 - NerdieProfessor*
    315 - RajivDubey
    316 - Cloggsy71
    318 - Stu Ablett
    319 - SnowRidesBike*

OK, I'm in, but i have to say I have work that will take my entire day on Aug 23, 24, 25 other than that, I'll do my best to get much more in than just my regular trailer tugging deliveries. I'll use one of the iPhone apps to log.

Cheers!
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    @TrekCat - Pick a vacant number and add yourself to the list :wink:
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I read this on my iPhone originally, so I just want to check, the goal is for the whole group to do collectively the mileage that the racers do each day, right?

So on say day 4 Mountains Tuesday 21 August Barakaldo > Estación de Valdezcaray 160,6 km the goal would be for the nine riders in each team to do a total of 160.6 Km or at least 17.8 Km each on that day....? Is that correct?

Cheers!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I read this on my iPhone originally, so I just want to check, the goal is for the whole group to do collectively the mileage that the racers do each day, right?

So on say day 4 Mountains Tuesday 21 August Barakaldo > Estación de Valdezcaray 160,6 km the goal would be for the nine riders in each team to do a total of 160.6 Km or at least 17.8 Km each on that day....? Is that correct?

Cheers!

that is correct Stu :smile: It certainly makes the time-trial days easy days for us!
  • Dahamac
    Dahamac Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'll be 317 if it is still available and Snow will have to remind me to post my mileage.

311 - jhalsey*
    313 - NerdieProfessor
    314 - TrekCat*
    315 - RajivDubey
    316 - Cloggsy71
    317 - Dahamac
    318 - Stu Ablett
    319 - SnowRidesBike*
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Looks like we're nearly there then - before I start doing race-numbers, can the persons marked with a * please confirm that they're happy with the number allocated - it's a pain in the glutes to have to keep re-doing the numbers, so I'd like to get it sorted before I start if possible!