Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone skip the ab routines?

MichelleRenee13
MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
I have MAJOR neck issues and don't and won't do traditional ab work.

I do planks and leg raises as ab work.

Anyone else not to the ab routines? I wonder if it is going to slow down results.

Replies

• carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    I did the abs during the burn phase, but no more now (half way through push), I skip it along with the yoga segment. I figure my abs get enough of a workout doing cardio workouts.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    I did. My back burns when I do floor work so I prefer alternate ab work. Still didn't do much of it though. :happy:
  • I use the hip hop abs in place of the abs on the schedule because i dont like doing the exercises on the floor. Ab Sculpt is 23 min long and a very fun workout.
  • rjt323
    rjt323 Posts: 3 Member
    This is my second round of CLX and I've started mixing in pilates instead of the abs workouts. I've found, over the years, that my mid-section feels much better (and flatter) when I do pilates than when i do abs.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    I do the Ab work on my own using a swiss ball. And I also do planks and other exercises. For some reason, I just don't like the ab program that comes with the CLX program.

It hasn't seemed to slow down my progress at all. I think as long as you're doing some kind of core work, you're good!