Happy August - What's for Lunch?

Options

Replies

• JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have a half day at work, off at 12:30, so no packing today. Lunch will be at home :smile:
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    Homemade "Chipotle" burrito bowl: Brown rice, chicken, black beans, pico de gallo and lime juice.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    That homemade bowl sounds good. I knew I was going to busy today so I just brought some watermelon and a granola bar for lunch.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    Amy's Cheese Enchiladas with tomato and cucumber salad.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    Brown rice mixed with a cup of frozen stir fry veggies, chicken and some sweet chili sauce on top.
  • jenready
    Options
    Today I brought some almonds and watermelon. I need to check the fridge though because I think I may have something else in there to eat.
  • jenready
    Options
    Today I brought some almonds and watermelon. I need to check the fridge though because I think I may have something else in there to eat.

So a little change of plan. I am still eating my watermelon but the vegetable beef soup from the cafeteria smelled so good that I got a bowl of that. At least the hospital provides the calories for all of the food it puts out so I know eactly what I am eating.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    Nice! I wish I had a cafeteria at work. Are you a nurse?

Today I'm having a FlatOut wrap with ham, lettuce, tomato and vinaigrette.
  • brittanyhoman
    Options
    Turkey and cheese sandwich with veggie sticks for me today. I've been sucessfull since vacation is over!
  • jenready
    Options
    I failed for today. I brought lunch to work and did not eat it because the cafeteria had chili today which is really good so I ate that instead. I at least packed a lunch for today even if I didn't eat it. :happy:

Jessica, having a cafeteria at work is really nice sometimes. I love that they have a menu and list all of the nutritional values so I can make an informed choice. I'm not a nurse, I'm a medical student.
  • brittanyhoman
    Options
    Same thing today. I will probably have to mix it up next week if I don't want to get bored! Anybody have any good ideas for changing up sandwiches? I do the usual turkey and cheese, strayed a little a few weeks ago and did a turkey bacon BLT with light mayo and avocado, but got bored of that too. I like sandwiches, but I will usually revert to lean cuisines or something when I run our of ideas. I would prefer to pack a fresh lunch though. It can just be hard to have multiple types of sandwiches in the same week.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    Cool, soon it'll be DrJenready :drinker:

Today is a repeat of Wednesday: Brown rice, stir fry veggies and chicken.
  • jenready
    Options
    Lunch for today is a ham sandwich and sun chips.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    Salad today: lettuce, green onions, stawberries, capers, salmon and mango vinaigrette.
  • jenready
    Options
    We must have been thinking the same thing today. I also brought a salad but mine was pretty boring, lettuce, shredded carrots, green peppers, diced ham and ranch dressing. I also brougt two leftover cheese sticks.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    Aldi's Sea Queen brand Crab Cakes (2) with a lettuce and tomato salad. Balsamic and olive oil dressing.

I'm proud of us, this far into the month and taking our lunches everyday! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • jenready
    Options
    Salad again today for me. Your lunch sounded good yesterday so since I had a salmon fillet in the freezer, I baked that last night and added it to my salad.

I'm really liking this bring my own lunch every day. I've been able to think of some different things to eat and I end up eating better than if I just grab something quickly at work.
  • jenready
    Options
    Once again...salad for lunch. Today it is romaine lettuce, green peppers, shredded carrots, diced ham and ranch dressing. Kind of boring but it's good and at least I remembered to pack something.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    I had another burrito bowl knockoff. Brown rice, chicken, pico de gallo, black beans and lime juice.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly for lunch. I got home late last night and didnt feel like doing anything more involved this morning than slapping two pieces of bread together. I did use all natural pb tho, sugar free raspberry jelly and ezekiel bread.