C25K - August, 2012

Options

Replies

• AndreaPool
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? Just did W7D2

2. How do you feel? Great!!

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No, for a weird reason though... I was feeling great and had no real trouble doing the full 25 minutes, but I had to go to the bathroom so bad I decided to not push myself more hahaha...

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Somehow something in my mind 'clicked' with this run. I wasn't too excited to go out for the run at first, but once I was out there I really enjoyed it! No little voice in my head telling myself I wouldn't make it... for the first time ever with the longer runs! Yay!
  • tarag8100
    tarag8100 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W3D2

2. How do you feel? pretty good

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? not yet...

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I don't like a 5 minute cool down. seems too long so I always add an interval

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? not yet...
  • celloeuse
    celloeuse Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on?
    Week 3 day 2
    2. How do you feel?
    Alright. Sort of wishing my endurance could ramp up a little faster but it is what it is.
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day?
    Yes, mostly because the long trip to my school and subsequent moving into my apartment have not been codusive to getting out for any running at all.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?
    The first week I did. Did the program down hill then turned around when i was done for the walk/jog uphill.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?
    Nothing externally obvious but with regular outside time and working out my depressive episodes are fewer and further in between.
  • the1to1
    the1to1 Posts: 49
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on?W7D2
    2. How do you feel? TIRED
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day?No
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? This morning I was really tired. Completed the full 25 minutes but then I went home showered and rested. I'm looking to see what my next plan will be after I graduate C25K.
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? Week 4 Day 1 (yesterday)
    2. How do you feel? Supa'Fantastic!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? I purposely repeat each week at least once
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Nope, go by the book!
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I didn't die like I was sure I was going to upon starting week 4 :) But seriously, I never had confidence issues but it's nice to have the outside look as great as I always thought it did AND it turns out I love the challenge of a new week's training. "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!"
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W3D2

2. How do you feel? pretty good

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? not yet...

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I don't like a 5 minute cool down. seems too long so I always add an interval

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? not yet...

I never considered just not cooling down and although I always welcomed the five'r I kind of thought it seemed wasteful. I think I might use your idea to stick another interval in there; thanks!
  • blb1230
    blb1230 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi New Runners,

Everyone is welcome to join this newbie group.

1. What Week/Day are you on? W2D3
    2. How do you feel? Amazed that I am able to run 90 seconds
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Nope
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I tend to add an interval during cool down. My heart rate goes down in 2 mins.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? That I can run :flowerforyou:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • AndreaPool
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W7D3

2. How do you feel? Pretty good :)!

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No, just did the normal session, because I needed to hurry to get to work :)... I was due for W7D3 last night, but because of the heat / thunderstorms decided to do it this morning.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I think I'm slowly getting ready to be 'done' with the program and just start running without any concept of how much longer / further etc.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W8D2
    2. How do you feel? Challenged by an awesome run!!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Yes - Added 9 minutes to the run today.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Another run in the bag. Bring on Week 8 D3.
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    W5 D1 (tonight)

2. How do you feel?
    I'm pumped!! I had to put it off a day and I'm excited to get back into the groove. ;)

Just W1D1. ;)

Yes, I have added time, never removed time.

I know I'm stronger, my legs don't ever hurt when I walk, uphill, briskly, whatever. I feel much more confident about what my body can handle. My legs are DEFINITELY more toned!
  • Stacylynn327
    Stacylynn327 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W3D1 (completed this morning!)
    2. How do you feel? Generally, amazing! I'm so proud of myself for being able to do this! During the run, Im tired for the first couple run segments, but after that I kind get into a grove. By the end of the cool down, I still have to turn around and walk back to my car (I use some desert trails around here) and during the return walk I feel energized. By the time I get home, get showered, and get the kid off to school I'm ready for a little nap (I wake up at 4:30)!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? When I tried this a year ago I repeated W1D1 a half a dozen times before giving up. This time, I have not had any repeats yet! (knocking wood!)
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I have not deviated from the program, other than going out more frequently than recommended.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I feel amazing! I believe I can do this! I haven't noticed any visible changes yet, but I've also had a lot of changes happening lately, so I will give that some time.
  • Electa530
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? Week 2, day 1
    2. How do you feel? Suprised I made it through week 1!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Actually, this is my 3rd attempt of trying to do this. I always fell off around week 2 or 3. This time I have an airconditioned gym w/ treadmills as opposed to FL outdoor heat!
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No, I do what the app tells me.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I think it's too soon for me to notice any difference, but in comparing to the 1st few times I tried this I am definitely not as winded as I used to be.
  • the1to1
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W7D3
    2. How do you feel? Tired
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Just walking more time on the cool downs.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I have been doing this week with a friend. She didn't start at the beginning so she is taking walking breaks but I keep motoring on. I'm always ready for my cool down. Will I ever really like jogging?!? I'm proud that I can jog for 25 minutes but I'm TIRED.
  • VenusEnvy
    VenusEnvy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    1. W6D1 completed this morning
    2. Feeling fabulous!
    3. No repeating
    4. Sometimes I run the last minute of the cool down
    5. Something different -- I don't want rest days! NEVER dreamed this would happen
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W8D3
    2. How do you feel? Challenged by an awesome run!!
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Yes - Pushed myself to the limit today.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Another challenging run in the bag. Last week coming right up.
  • rayraygbs
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? just finished w4d1
    2. How do you feel? sore! i did pretty well last week with the 3 minutes, but this week with 5 was really tough for me
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? not yet.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? once in a while i'll add on a 30 second jog at the end just to bring my heart rate up a little again

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? my endurance is way up! and my asthma seems to be getting better. i haven't noticed any physical changes quite yet but hopefully soon
  • the1to1
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W8D1
    2. How do you feel? Awesome!!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Nope
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Just add on to cool down so that I can walk my dogs.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Well, today was much easier than last week. I jogged with my husband at my snail pace and didn't have any problems at all. I think I was more refreshed and relaxed with this run. I only walked this weekend and think that during the week doing other workouts tire me out. I'm so excited to be jogging for 28 straight!!
  • likeswhiskey
    Options
    Hi, male, mid-40s here.

1. Just did W4D2 this morning
    2. Feeling great
    3. Never had to repeat a day yet, but today was close. That last 5-minuter was not easy, especially since it was all uphill.
    4. Never
    5. I notice I can run now. Not noticing any body changes yet, but I do feel better than before I started. I sleep better and seem to have more energy.

2. How do you feel?

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W9D1
    2. How do you feel? Challenged by another awesome run!!
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Yes - added 10 challenging minutes to the run today.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Another challenging run in the bag. On the final stretch now.
  • AndreaPool
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? I did W8D1 yesterday...

2. How do you feel? I felt great during and after the run... It went so well :)!

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I added a little bit of running at the end, just to show myself I was able to go longer after the 28 minutes... It wasn't much longer though (probably about a minute)

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Having done a 'free run' (unplanned, unfamiliar surroundings...) on Saturday, I somehow felt much more confident doing the 28 minutes. With the free run, I'm pretty sure I ran for almost 30 minutes straight without timing it. It went great, 'cause I wasn't focused on timing at all and was able to just enjoy the fact that I was running (while talking to a friend).