Week 7!!!! Keep Fighting!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Bad fall! hope you're feeling better.

Halfway mark for most of you! Congrats! It's hard to stay motivated when you have to watch the same vids day after day, so think of different ways to make it better for yourself. You know what he's going to say by now, so think about turning off his voice and turning on some music. Or start your own commentary of what you think the others with Tony are thinking. Or, up your weights. make it a struggle-find what it was like at the beginning. Try and beat your own reps at a specific weight. Do something a little different (do day 6 on day 1) switch it up. Award yourself with something silly like stickers (my fave reward) everyday you push play.

I can't help as much with the macros as I've always has issues getting enough protein, but I always try and eat my protein in at the beginning of my meal then veg then carbs (mixed up a little to for variety) but that's usually how I eat my foods.

Also, don't forget to use that camera!! Remember, you are losing weight, but you are also gaining muscle. Muscle is denser than fat, so you may lose inches, but not budge on the scale. that's because you're trading fat for muscle-same weight but different sizes.

so don't get discouraged, keep pushing play!

This has to be my new mantra. Thanks so much!
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Ran today 5k 345 cals and now going to attempt Yoga .:-( :sad: I know I won't get through it all.
    Edit to correct attitude!!
    I decided that my attitude to Yoga was wrong and so I am going to take the rest of the evening off, reset my head and commit to YOGA on Sunday the rest/stretch day.:blushing:

Faith. What height are you? I reckon that you are calculating your BMR too high unless you are over 6 ft!! At 5ft 5 BMR is 1532 TDEE is 2374 you would have to eat 1899 cal daily to have a 20% deficit and not eat any exs cals back as that factors in your exs activity at the start.
    Hope that helps.
    I'm 5'8, and my TDEE is on the 6-7 days workout which I think is about 2682 or something. I don't get the deficit and all though. Confused. Thanks
  • fizzy123
    fizzy123 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Thank you for the friend request and helping me! I'm 39 old female, 5'8 175 right now, but got down to 172. I feel comfortable at 1700, but whether at 1700 or 1500 I'm always going over either carbs or fat...fat mostly. Is this ok if it is good fats?
    [/quote]

Sorry for the long post.I just figured this out for myself last night.:laugh:

Your BMR 1545 :Your Total Daily Energy Expend at moderate exs activity ( h.rate intensity is moderate) is 2395.
    You should lose weight if you eat below this number and above 1545.
    The percentage cut determines your weight loss, 20% is 1916.
    Customise your goals on MFP. with this info. You could lose a Lb a week with this. (If you burn more than 850 cals then you must eat the cals above 850 to keep you above your BMR. (2395-1545 = 850)
    If you stay at 1700 then you are trying to cut by 25% of your daily intake, hard to do and possibly dangerous unless you are very obese. You are not .You are just about in the overweight category.
    Don't log your exs number on MFP ,or else add it on the note, otherwise MFP will double calculate and it will look like you have to eat lots of exs cals to get to target.
    You have the option, if you want to log and eat your exs cals, of entering 1545 on custom goal and just eating back till you reach 1916 daily.!! or input 1916 and log exs as 0 cals.
    You need essential fats for your body to function .The macro 40 carbs 30 protein and 30 fat will let you have energy for that exs and keep you at about I gm protein for lb body mass,

Edit for 6-7 day work then 20% of your tdee is 2386 You can use this number bit you MUST exs at this level of intensity every time,or you risk over eating.
    I personally wouldn't use strenuous exs unless its constant state like playing a team sport, not intervals.
  • fizzy123
    Options
    Legs back and Ab Ripper x done (359 cal)
  • fizzy123
    Options
    Edit :blushing: Apologies I should have said input your tdee-20% figure instead of BMR in custom goals. Gremlins in the keyboard.:blushing:
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Legs and Back & Ab Ripper X done! ...2 more days to recovery week!! :bigsmile:
  • fizzy123
    Options
    Kenpo done (398)
    Loved the workkout today :smile: but looking forward to recovery but there's two days of YOGA in it !!!
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    keep going! push play again and again. if something gets stale, try something else-a different dvd, different yoga, different something. the point is to keep finding a way to stay motivated. stick that before pic of yourself up somewhere you can see it in all it's ungloriousness. remember that sweat is something we want to see on the floor and on our clothes. DOMS the next day are a great proof that your still breaking down muscle and building it back up. All that water you drink helps to flush the uric acid from your muscles and toxins from your body.

don't give up. keep moving and your body WILL thank you for it.
    /End of PSA
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    keep going! push play again and again. if something gets stale, try something else-a different dvd, different yoga, different something. the point is to keep finding a way to stay motivated. stick that before pic of yourself up somewhere you can see it in all it's ungloriousness. remember that sweat is something we want to see on the floor and on our clothes. DOMS the next day are a great proof that your still breaking down muscle and building it back up. All that water you drink helps to flush the uric acid from your muscles and toxins from your body.

don't give up. keep moving and your body WILL thank you for it.
    /End of PSA

Thanks for the kind words :smile: