90 days in a row----challenge

Options
I'm starting a self-challenge of going on the elliptical at least once every day--for 90 consecutive days
Right now-- it's been 2 miles--on each session----and that's about an hour's time.
Does anybody feel like joining me? I am on day 2--my commitment is go at least 2 miles--at least 1 hour.

The challenge can begin---Monday-August 20--with everyone setting their own miles--time---level---etc
The last day being November 19--just in time to look sexy for the holidays.

We will post only---at the end
BEFORE :sad: and After pics. :bigsmile:

And every day we can check in here--- and state the day count and then--add----"I did my daily stint of the 90-90"
Who's with me???

The more the merrier:laugh:

Replies

• Ilene36
    Ilene36 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I will be on that elliptical at 5am!!
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Awesome Ilene36! Congrats on your 90 day commitment~ I'll friend you!
  • diztimetoshine
    diztimetoshine Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would love to take part in this challenge. I need a push to get my self to the gym on the weekends... I was only able to get in 50 mins today (Monday AM draggin' @ss) I did manage 3.05 miles, but it registered only 210 calories burned. For all that work it just doesn't seem right.
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    WAY TO GO---diztimetoshin---Glad you're in! Friending you!

I am so impressed. 3 plus miles??? I did barely 2 this morning at 80 minutes. I learned from somewhere---one starts losing weight at 2 miles a day. And at over 3 miles? You NAILED IT:wink:

"" I did manage 3.05 miles, but it registered only 210 calories burned. For all that work it just doesn't seem right""

That does not sound right --by the way.
    Can you ask if the machine is accurately registering the calories? I get on 2 miles and it's nearly 400 cal---like 377

So--I'm also checking in---IT'S DAY 3 of 90 ellip-ercises in 90 consecutive days! 87 MORE TO GO!
    Starting tomorrow--I will also post my stats
    :happy:
  • Brandiberry77
    Brandiberry77 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am in! Starting today. I plan to lay the kids down for bed, then hop on. I really need a good goal these comings months because I have B-days coming up every month and the Holidays will be here before I know it. My elliptical has settings on it for tension so I have never figured out how many miles I have gone. I will try and figure that out, 2 miles is key you say? I'll check this out.
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Welcome Brandiberry77! It's ALWAYS the right time to start. Congrats on your DAY 1.

Yes--I was told by a hard-core food planner and exercise buff--who'd lost significant weight-- that 2 miles daily is the minimum to start a weight loss---of course she could be wrong--but it's what I try for.

Everyone is free to set their own mileage criterion! The only common denominator of course, is that we are all on a 90-day track!
  • Brandiberry77
    Options
    Day 1 of 90 day challenge. Got in 3220km at speed 60-61, first half setting 3 for 30min the rest of the time I kept it on tension 3. This was fun and a new challenge.
  • diztimetoshine
    Options
    I'll be heading to the gym after work today. Day #2 of my challenge.. I'm also looking into a heart rate monitor. That 210 calories did not seem right to me either. I loved my elliptical at home and when I did it I could do 30 minutes and burn over 300 calories... I haven't been using the one at home since my youngest son (21yo @ the time) decided he wanted to work out and didn't like it upstairs in the spare bedroom, he wanted it in the basement where it was cooler. He decided to move it himself, down the steps it went (he lost his grip) it hasn't worked right for me since. There is something in the circuit board, the tension is sooo high I can barely move on it... I'll post the results when I get home... GOOD LUCK TO ALL....
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Hey Elliptical-Challengers! Sounds like a power team! Thanks for everybody for checking --it keeps us-me on track!
    So I had planned to go to the elip machine like at 5:30am ---but needed the extra sleep.:yawn:
    So! I will be getting to the gym about 4-ish 5pm ---and then I will be checking back in with my stats!

@diztimetoshine---you burning up those:mad: calories. I think that machine is definitely off. I am like a turtle and I burn over 300 cal on my hard-earned 2 miles---maybe try a different machine?

@Branidberry77--Fit can be fun? What a concept! Me likey

@illene36---we miss you!--where are ya? :flowerforyou:

The challenge is still open!!! Come one Come all
  • Brandiberry77
    Options
    check-in day 2 of 90 day challenge. Just setting 4 today, 1700km, 580 cal burn. 2 days down. =D
  • diztimetoshine
    Options
    day 2 challenge: made it to the gym... 60 minutes, 3.45 miles at an average speed of 3.4mph... If I could only find a way to do with without my feet going numb. Does anyone else have that problem?
  • Ilene36
    Ilene36 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've been on elliptical 2 days in the row. I feel really good about these
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    It's DAY 4!!
    86 days left! 2 miles--65 min--368 cal
    and I worked up a mighty sweat. We rock!

@Illene36---Congrats! You are doing GREAT! You deserve to feel good~~~

@diztimetoshine...Yes---my feet start to numb up. What I do ---is slow way down and give them a chance to revive. So the movement is not nearly as vigorous--but I don't think about it. I think the feet have to get to used the machine--but I do not believe in forcing them. Occasionally I will push through the pain---but more likely, I slow it down. Maybe--lower the resistance or start with 0 resistance to not put as much pressure?

I honestly think it's less about the speed and endurance--anyways---more about consistency in just showing up. So if I take a moment to relax my feet, I do not worry about it--because I know --day by day I WILL get stronger---and slimmer --just by being on the machine--whether it's 10 minutes or 110 minutes. Hope that was helpful.

Good work Brandiberry77
  • diztimetoshine
    Options
    day #3 done... I went back to the manual program and had much better results. I thought that by using the random hill program I would have been working it harder. Lesson learned. I will now be pushing through the manual portion... I'm feeling really good about this...
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    day #3 done... I went back to the manual program and had much better results. I thought that by using the random hill program I would have been working it harder. Lesson learned. I will now be pushing through the manual portion... I'm feeling really good about this...

Fantastic work!

I am now on Day 5
    but the machine at the home fitness center is very different--and MYP ---registers different calories than the machine does. Late night workouts are killer---

20 minutes--Ellip----1.75 miles.....75 calories
    MYP....20 minutes..Ellip.....................225 calories
  • Brandiberry77
    Options
    check in for day 3. 2 miles first half setting 3. Was a little to active yesterday to get on. =)
  • diztimetoshine
    Options
    day 4 down.. I didn't feel like getting up, but I pushed myself out the door... Only had 45 min but I did 2.5 miles and I don't remember my actual calories burned but it was over 360...
  • diztimetoshine
    Options
    my calorie burn was 375....
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    check in for day 3. 2 miles first half setting 3. Was a little to active yesterday to get on. =)

YOU ROCK. And you are doing G-R--E-A-T
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    day 4 down.. I didn't feel like getting up, but I pushed myself out the door... Only had 45 min but I did 2.5 miles and I don't remember my actual calories burned but it was over 360...

Congrats on doing it anyway! :smile: You always have impressive stats!!!