the FOOD

Options
2»

Replies

• mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I cooked for dinner the Turkey burgers with avocado salad last night, and even though the burger is "broled" which didn't sound too good, came out delicious!!!! Even my husband ate it!

I LOVE the SW turkey burgers with the brussel sprouts and carrots. I still make that even though it was only on the kickstart week menu. It's so tasty!
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I made the green bean salad with shrimp for lunch yesterday and it was delicious! Easier than I thought too. Just microwave the green beans & dunk them in ice water so they stay crisp. I bought this bag of frozen shrimp that's deveined and the shell is split already so it was easy peasy.
  • Dozy87
    Dozy87 Posts: 11
    Options
    I did the oatmeal and chocolate chip muffins and they were amazing! Did the banana almond smoothie (with added no fat natural yogurt) and that was gorgeous...wanted to drink both servings in one! Also done the grilled sandwich with ham, apple and cheese and the almond crusted chicken and they were both delicious :) who knew healthy eating would taste so good?!;)xx
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I LOVE the SW turkey burgers with the brussel sprouts and carrots. I still make that even though it was only on the kickstart week menu. It's so tasty!
    [/quote]

I agree this was the first meal that I have made and I think this is a one my new favorite meals. I have been reading over the meal plan and I am not going to lie they don't look that appealing. I am going to have to really adjust my taste buds. Has any one supplemented with the Master Your Metabolism cookbook? How has every one done with just following 1200 calories of healthy food? I really want to follow this to the letter but I will have to cook separate meal for my self as my family wont eat them.
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options

[/quote]

I agree this was the first meal that I have made and I think this is a one my new favorite meals. I have been reading over the meal plan and I am not going to lie they don't look that appealing. I am going to have to really adjust my taste buds. Has any one supplemented with the Master Your Metabolism cookbook? How has every one done with just following 1200 calories of healthy food? I really want to follow this to the letter but I will have to cook separate meal for my self as my family wont eat them.
    [/quote]

I totally know what you mean. I have to cook separately for myself because my two boys (well fiance and our son) have really hearty appetites. I usually end up between 1200-1400. Cooking has actually helped me save some money from not eating out.

An example for me would be the turkey burgers. My son doesn't like the corn & beans in the salsa I mix in, so I make half with the salsa and half without. Everyone's happy.