London 2012 - Olympics time again

Options

Replies

• ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I never even see how close Bolt and Blake was I was just watching Warren lol

lol me too! my eyes were on Weir and the american dude
  • ackeebee
    Options
    Well done Jamaica for winning silver in the 4 x 100 relays! Great run by the Americans, well deserved gold medal. Let's hope the Jamaican women can bring us gold in the 4 x400 and the men in their 4 x 100.

Bway, team GB bad luckid in the relay sah!
  • msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Who is going to Jamaica day tomorrow. At Jamaica house Greenwich.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    msenior, i am not. are you?

well done boys for winning gold in the 4x100 relays and ladies for the bronze in the 4x400
  • msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Come to i love jamaica day. its bad..
  • ackeebee
    Options
    So the Olympics is over......kinda sad really :-(
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    At least I can get back to my program now it is done! Rio wi Seh!
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Before Rio we have World Championships next year and in 2015!
  • ackeebee
    Options
    Plus Commonwealth Games!
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    lol I might go to the Commonwealth games it depends who is gonna turn up, but I'm really angling towards a Rio trip.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    Yea, commonwealth games is a good idea. I know the next one should be in Glasgow but what time of year is it?

Rio is on my "to do" list as well but not sure I want to wait that long
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    Its a week earlier than the Olympics was.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    Ok cool. I might consider making a trip to Glasgow then. Been there before and wasn't keen on the place.

Btw, what should I be looking out for in the Paralympics? I am still struggling to get tickets. It keeps showing that there tickets available but after you select them and entry the code to go to the next stage and it does it's search, it always comes back saying there are no tickets available. So far I have only been trying for athletics or swimming. Will keep trying.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    Finally! I got paralympic tickets :wink:
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    Park tickets on sale now!
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the Paralympics. Even with their disabilities I am sure most, if not all, of them can do things I cant do.

I can tell you who will most likely win the Gold in tennis (female) barring injury....Esther Vergeer. That girl is the best. She has not lost a match since 2003...and only once since 1999. Of the last 23 Grand Slam she has won 21...and didn't win the other 2 only because she wasn't there due to injury...lol...She is a beast in the wheelchair on the court. Go Esther/ Netherlands...that country sure knows how to produce great wheelchair tennis players.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    Park tickets on sale now!

are you going?

I have athletics tickets for 08th September. The session starting at 7pm
  • ackeebee
    Options
    Enjoy the Paralympics. Even with their disabilities I am sure most, if not all, of them can do things I cant do.

I can tell you who will most likely win the Gold in tennis (female) barring injury....Esther Vergeer. That girl is the best. She has not lost a match since 2003...and only once since 1999. Of the last 23 Grand Slam she has won 21...and didn't win the other 2 only because she wasn't there due to injury...lol...She is a beast in the wheelchair on the court. Go Esther/ Netherlands...that country sure knows how to produce great wheelchair tennis players.

i will look out for her on tv
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    I almost got those ones the other day when they briefly had some more up, but by the time I checked again they were gone!

I didn't get any park tickets but I told my mother to.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    You should try again Tony. I notice every afternoon they seem to put some tickets up but within about half hour they are all gone. Also if you use twitter, follow @2012TicketAlert and you will see all the tweets when tickets are available