October 2012 due dates?

Options

Replies

• jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Kerrbear- No, that hasn't happened to me yet. Although, like you, during my first pregnancy I had NO leaking...but this time I've noticed that if they're, um, "encouraged" (gross, I know) a little comes out. So maybe I'm not far behind you! I would think it'd be a good sign though- less pain when your milk first "comes in".

I'm the same, not leaking, but it has made an appearance. My mom was beginning to have me worried that my baby will starve until my milk comes in, but then I started reading about the colustrum... Plus, according to a chart at my doctor's office, the baby's stomach is the size of a chick pea for the first few days anyway, so even though it will need to eat frequently, it won't need much to fill up.

I just found the chart my doctor has in her office, the one in the link below says size of a cherry at first, but my doctor's says chickpea. I'm guessing one chart is newer than the other.

http://www.beststart.org/resources/breastfeeding/pdf/breastfdeskref09.pdf
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet here but I'm ok with it waiting until I'm closer, prefer to ruin as few clothes as possible.
  • jls8209
    Options
    We lost the October thread to the 2nd page, so I'm bumping it back up!

Not a whole lot going on here. We had friends from home come and stay with us last weekend, along with their 4 year old son. Strange having a kid stay in our super clean, non-child proofed home, but he was great. He didn't get into anything he wasn't supposed to, and kept himself quite entertained with just a little rubber lizard all weekend. Only beef was that he's the type of kid that drags his hand along the walls each time he goes down a hall. Nothing major, but we did just have our house painted under a year ago and I want to keep the walls looking good! Over the weekend we also had a couple of raccoons decide the inside of the roof over our garage (attached to the house) would make a nice home. Thankfully they left on their own after about 24 hours, but what a pain in the butt! DH repaired the soffit and put something behind to keep them from getting back in, and cleaned their dirty paw prints off the downspout they climbed to access the space. Fingers crossed they won't be back!

Pregnancy-wise not much to report. Weight gain is hovering around 29-31lbs mark. Holding steady since my vacation, which is exactly what I want given I gained 7 lbs while I was home! I'm starting to feel like I'm back in the 1st trimester lately with my energy/exhaustion level. The last two days I've had to nap in the evening because I was so tired, and I could probably use another nap today but DH and I are going to the gym after work. Might have to go to bed really early instead. I got an Rx for compression stockings to help with vericose veins that are slowly popping out. I have one tiny one that has been there for quite a while, a side effect of standing for 8 years at my last job, plus a few years of retail while I was in school, but these new ones look like they could get quite large. Hoping the stockings work and that they'll disappear post-pregnancy.

Hmm... Oh, SIL is in her 36th week of pregnancy and BIL says she keeps "jumping" and doing things to try to trigger labour. She's having a scheduled c-section (her 3rd) in a few weeks but is apparently eager to get the baby out sooner. She told DH while we were home that she was upset her baby didn't arrive while we were in town "because we won't meet it until at least next spring". If she had delivered while we were home the baby would have arrived at 34 or 35 weeks! She figured it would be okay for the baby to arrive at that point because her last baby was born at the end of 35 weeks and was "fine". Sure, overall compared to some pre-mature babies she was "fine", but she still had a few health issues! SIL comes from a high-drama family and is quite the drama queen and always looking for attention, but I think wishing for her baby to be born 5-6 weeks early is crazy! :noway:

What's new with you ladies?
  • kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I've been lurking, but haven't really chatted much yet. I'm 31 weeks tomorrow due Oct 26. First baby, totally mental over it, having a good pregnancy despite some SPD and unidentifable horrible abdominal pain in the 2nd trimester. Fortunately that has subsided, and baby is sticky and healthy.

I also have the Lap Band. It started leaking at the end of my first trimester and emptied, which means I no longer have any of its benefits, and with my hunger back in full force (my trigger) I gained 30 lbs in 3 months. There should be an Olympics for this, seriously.

I escaped gestational diabetes but I AM tracking everything, good or bad, and attempting to slow my roll here. I'm up to 40 lbs gained now. I'm at 2 week appointments and working on not gaining anything else (approved by doc). Can't wait to have the baby and get back to real exercising, and getting my band filled/fixed.

The only good thing is that now that I'm getting big, my hunger has ratcheted back some. I am fuller sooner in the third trimester, so I have big hopes for my Dr's appointment next week. I am going for NO gain and even a 1lb loss, because I was retaining and constipated like a champ last week, lmao. I know I didn't gain 5 lbs in two weeks, so I expect some positive movement there, and get back into the "net gained" category of UNDER 40 lbs.
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Nope haven't ruined any clothes. =) It is just minor leakage how you ladies described, I didn't mean full on seapage constantly lol.

jls8209- That is one of my major pet peeves-when kids run their hands along the walls or put them all over them! We moved into our brand new house we had built a year ago and I cringe every time my 2 yr old does something like that. The walls are holding up well though despite her antics hehe. I've been VERY tired in the evenings too, but just in the evenings. I will be fine all day but as soon as I get home from work I feel drained and could go to sleep at 5:00, ugh.

kateland-I forgot we have the same due date! I've been having trouble with major constipation as well, no fun. Hopefully your gain will start to slow down now.

I'm up 25-27 lbs now at 31 weeks tomorrow. It is what it is.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    jls- thanks for the bump!

No ruined clothes here yet either. ;) Just interesting mornings...

I've FINALLY found a comfortable sleeping position. Unfortunately, it includes 4 pillows and a pregnancy pillow haha. DH is gone all week and I have our whole king bed to myself. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when he gets back! I can probably do with the extra pillows but I like knowing they are there. One behind my back, two under my head, prego pillow in front and extra foot pillow. It's my little cocoon!

My nursery walls are finally finished- 3 gray walls and one wallpapered wall (gray backing with pink damask pattern). I am starting to fill up the closet with clothes and diapers and all things baby. We're still considering changing out the carpet before baby girl gets here. Only 9 1/2 weeks left so we shall see :) My first shower is in 2 weeks. I'm excited and nervous. My inlaws are a pain- but I think they mean well.

I have a crazy month ahead of me- 3 showers, my 10 year high school reunion, Labor Day (Cubs game and camping) and then we're already in October. We all know how exciting October is going to be!! Baby countdown!!!!

As for weight gain, I'm around 25 lbs up right now. I fluctuate about 5 lbs though (so 23 lb to 28lb gain). I'm not terribly worried but my working out had to be almost eliminated due to extreme back pain. I think I'm managing it now and am going to start incorporating more low impact exercises. I hate not working out!
  • flipchickmc
    flipchickmc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Not much going on here - 31wks2days and counting! Things are going well with the GD. I'm up 11lbs total from my 1st OB appt. I haven't done real exercising in FOREVER since I've basically been PG for 2 years straight. I hope to get back into the swing of things once baby is born and I get the clear from my doc. This will be my 3rd C-Section and I'm not sure how the recovery will be this time around since the c-sections are only 1 year and a couple weeks apart from eachother.

My family is throwing us a baby shower this Saturday. That should be fun. I think after that - I will be in more of a nesting mode. It's hard to get everything ready for this one when I have a very active, walking 10month old at home.
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Not much going on here - 31wks2days and counting! Things are going well with the GD. I'm up 11lbs total from my 1st OB appt. I haven't done real exercising in FOREVER since I've basically been PG for 2 years straight. I hope to get back into the swing of things once baby is born and I get the clear from my doc. This will be my 3rd C-Section and I'm not sure how the recovery will be this time around since the c-sections are only 1 year and a couple weeks apart from eachother.

My family is throwing us a baby shower this Saturday. That should be fun. I think after that - I will be in more of a nesting mode. It's hard to get everything ready for this one when I have a very active, walking 10month old at home.

My baby shower is this weekend too! Have a great time!
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    BeckyJill- yay for finally starting the nursery! We moved our 2 year old into her "big girl room", so the nursery is pretty much staying the same. I need to sweep in there, straighten a bunch, and wash all the clothes (they're in the drawers though!). I have to find some ways to make it more personal for this baby...since we already had the nursery, I've kinda used it as an excuse to be lazy. But I want it to be special for this little girl as well:)

All you ladies have fun at your Baby Showers this weekend...while they can be awkward, it's so fun to get all the baby "stuff" and start arranging everything as it should be. I'm wondering when I should move the cradle, swing, and all the baby jazz up from the basement:/ I'll give myself a few more weeks...

31 weeks tomorrow and up 22 lbs. Might actually meet my goal of a 30 lb weight gain- gained 40 with my daughter so 30 would be fabulous. Hope everyone's doing well and enjoying this home stretch...we are almost there!
  • jls8209
    Options
    Hmm... Oh, SIL is in her 36th week of pregnancy and BIL says she keeps "jumping" and doing things to try to trigger labour. She's having a scheduled c-section (her 3rd) in a few weeks but is apparently eager to get the baby out sooner. She told DH while we were home that she was upset her baby didn't arrive while we were in town "because we won't meet it until at least next spring". If she had delivered while we were home the baby would have arrived at 34 or 35 weeks! She figured it would be okay for the baby to arrive at that point because her last baby was born at the end of 35 weeks and was "fine". Sure, overall compared to some pre-mature babies she was "fine", but she still had a few health issues! SIL comes from a high-drama family and is quite the drama queen and always looking for attention, but I think wishing for her baby to be born 5-6 weeks early is crazy! :noway:

Well, she did it! ^^^ This week SIL managed to jump around, over work herself at home, lift things that were way too heavy, pushed a loaded wheel barrow up a steep hill in her yard (something that FIL said he couldn't even do without help!), and sure enough her water broke. She did the same thing with her last baby, too, and I guess figured she could do it again with this one! So, we have a new niece, no word on a name yet. She was born at 36w5d, so technically only 2 days pre-mature as 37 weeks is considered full term. BIL said she seems strong and cried at delivery, unlike their last pre-mature baby. Even though we've heard things are good so far, she's a tiny girl, 5lbs 13 oz, she could have used the last few weeks to stay inside and fatten up! Happy for them that their baby is here and seems healthy, but not impressed with SIL's antics. She put her own comfort (she's short and did not enjoy any of her pregnancies), and need for attention ahead of her baby's health. Not cool. :grumble:

We're finally starting to make a few baby purchases. We ordered the crib and stroller a while ago, yesterday we purchased a glider and baby monitor. Still a lot left to do, but we're slowly getting there! I went through the stuff from my at-home shower and asked my friends what else I need to get for the first little while. They responded with quite a list, but a lot of things are small and I can pick away when I do my normal errands. I still have a work shower coming up, but the date is still up in the air. I know it will be in September, and on one hand I want to wait and see what we get, but on the other I'm anxious to get on with purchasing the rest of the stuff we need. It will all come together in the end!

DH has been quite sick with a head cold the past few days. So far I seem to have been spared, thank goodness! Neither of us had a good sleep last night (him it was cold related, me it was achy hips and heart burn), so he went back to bed a little while ago. I think I should probably join him so I'm not a zombie by dinner time...

Hope you ladies are having a good weekend!
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    hey ladies! So I pretty much didn't sleep last night... I was exhausted but just couldn't fall asleep. I had so much on my mind- work, baby, more work, etc.

I cannot wait for this long weekend to start... I am in desparate need of some R&R.

On a more exciting note, my mom called and said people were asking me about registry items. I have my first shower next weekend and can't wait to get things situated and ready for this little one. The nursery is almost complete :) It just needs to be filled with the smaller things.

How's everyone feeling? I think I finally 'popped.' People are finally noticing this baby bump. I'm thrilled and at the same time am really starting to notice how in the way my belly is! Haha! Tying my shoes, putting on my underwear, getting out of bed- all chores now! I know it's only going to get more challenging from here.
  • Jillsie11
    Options
    How's everyone feeling? I think I finally 'popped.' People are finally noticing this baby bump. I'm thrilled and at the same time am really starting to notice how in the way my belly is! Haha! Tying my shoes, putting on my underwear, getting out of bed- all chores now! I know it's only going to get more challenging from here.

BeckyJill- I can't believe you JUST finally 'popped'...feel like I popped sooooo long ago- I don't know how much bigger I can get in the next 2 months/58 days (give or take:)).

Got in total nesting mode again last weekend- not only did we buy entirely new living room furniture/a rug, but I decided to completely rearrange the nursery set-up. I like it a lot better now-more room to rock in my chair. Now I just need some wall decor and we will be all set. Heading to a big flea market near me this coming Wednesday so hope to get a wooden "J" (baby's name is going to be Jovie) and some other nursery accents. We shall see what I find!

Had a lot of cramping yesterday- in my abdomen and lower back. Might've pushed it a little much with my walk/pushing my 2 year old along. I just wanted to be able to eat more ice cream later!

Just think ladies, tomorrow we can say "I'm due next month"...granted for me it's not til the end of the month, but it's still exciting:)
  • kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I had my shower on Saturday and am pretty much set for baby Cadence to arrive! My symptoms are getting worse, I have some SPD that is intensifying. I never heard of this - but it's pelvic pain...the relaxin that loosens the pieces of your pelvis for birth began working a little too early on me - about 4 weeks ago - and I can't even get in/out of bed without pain. I hobble to the bathroom. The last few days, I get sharp, shooting, tears-in-my-eyes pain if I am out of pelvic alignment when laying on my side. The good news: Tylenol and warm baths knock that intense stuff off. But walking is out of the question these days, or lifting anything more than 10 lbs.

Bad stuff aside, I am REALLY happy and ready for baby!

We had our last 3D ultrasound, too, on Saturday. She's cuddled up to the placenta so the pics are a little blurry.

424190_4414350833896_17405641_n.jpg
    557330_4328712492991_1125905441_n.jpg
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    Got in total nesting mode again last weekend- not only did we buy entirely new living room furniture/a rug, but I decided to completely rearrange the nursery set-up. I like it a lot better now-more room to rock in my chair. Now I just need some wall decor and we will be all set. Heading to a big flea market near me this coming Wednesday so hope to get a wooden "J" (baby's name is going to be Jovie) and some other nursery accents. We shall see what I find!

Had a lot of cramping yesterday- in my abdomen and lower back. Might've pushed it a little much with my walk/pushing my 2 year old along. I just wanted to be able to eat more ice cream later!

Just think ladies, tomorrow we can say "I'm due next month"...granted for me it's not til the end of the month, but it's still exciting:)

Yay- we can say we're due next month. And I'm with you, Jills, not until the end of the month but who cares! That sounds so crazy and exciting!

I also went in to nesting mode. I got my carpets cleaned and went out and bought new living room furniture yesterday. We're also getting a new rug but I can't decide which one I want. It'll be here before baby though. The one we had was kind of shag material- it looks great but holds on to dog hair/dander and dirt way too much. I don't feel like it's clean after vacuuming...

Jills- take it easy and let that back rest! I've been keeping a pretty low profile because my back got to the point where my left leg was giving out due to pain and numbness. After 2 weeks of almost nothing, I can honestly say I feel almost normal. (knock on wood I stay this way!)

Kate- I hope your body lets up a little on you. You need time to relax and prep for baby! I'm so happy you found Tylenol and baths are working for you though. Take it easy and hopefully you'l feel better.

Yay for all of you ladies who had showers this weekend. I'm sure they were so fun. I have my first one Saturday. Is it bad that I can't stay off my registry to see what people have bought? I never cheated on my wedding registry but I can't help it with this go around!
  • jls8209
    Options
    I've totally gone into nesting mode, too. Really getting into organizing, getting random little things done that have been on the to-do list for a while, baking/cooking.... DH's boss is super family oriented and asked him this week if I'd reached the nesting phase yet. I thought it was kind of cute, I don't really know what men talk about when they discuss their families/pregnant wives, plus I've never even met the guy! :laugh:

Over the next several weeks I want to start making meals that can be frozen and easily reheated once the baby arrives. I'm sure there won't be as much time for cooking once the baby is here and we're getting settled into a new routine. So far I have two pasta meals frozen (1 large recipe I split into two foil trays), but want to get some slow cooker meals going, and some freezer-friendly baking, too. I've pinned a few freezer-meal ideas on my pinterest, hopefully I'll get to them soon.

Jillsie - Take it easy! Don't push yourself too hard and wind up exhausted, in pain, or worse, in labour! I know what you mean about wanting the extra calories for a treat, though. You seem like you've been doing pretty well with the weight gain, so don't stress if you're a little over your calories once in a while.

BeckyJill - Glad to hear your back is feeling better! I know what you mean about cheating and checking out the registry! I didn't look at my wedding registry, either, and so far have only been on our baby ones to edit (we've purchased a few of the large items we need as soon as the baby is born (ie. we just ordered our car seat) and figure nobody will buy). My boss just sent the URLs to my coworkers in preparation for my work shower and told me to stay off of it for the next few weeks!

Kate - I have some pelvic separation going on, too, but luckily I'm not in too much pain overall. Mine started around the 24-26 week range. My doctor assured me it's totally normal, and I remember a few of my friends having pelvis issues during their pregnancies, too. Right now I find my pelvis is very clicky/grindy when I get out of bed in the morning, usually lasts long enough for me to go to the washroom, dress, and head downstairs for breakfast. During the day I'm finding that I walk more slowly, and putting my feet up/down on the couch is a bit of a challenge (first leg is easy, second leg takes more effort). Getting underwear/pants/socks on is hit or miss. Take it easy, and glad you've found some remedies that are helping. My doctor/friends have assured me the discomfort goes away eventually!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Im due halloween : ) 7weeks to go!
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    34 Weeks

Had a doctor's appointment yesterday and the lil' chap is sitting transverse, BAD BOY! I have a fibroid that the doctor thinks may be getting in the way of the Boy getting turned completely around. I've already looked at all the "spinningbaby.com" stuff, actually spent most of my vacation last week in the pool hoping the lack of gravity would get him moving but nope, he likes where he is!

Good news is that I now get an ultrasound at 36 weeks to see whether he made the move himself. If not then we hit the bad new of whether the doctor can flip him or...*sigh*... the possibility of scheduling a C-Section :sad:
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    Heading to my 34 week appt tomorrow. I can't believe how fast time is flying by. Everyone keeps telling me how their pregnancy dragged on... not mine!

I'm taking a breastfeeding class tonight- free through my hospital. Childbirth classes start next week. I'm excited for them and hope they are informative and helpful.

Anybody getting excited/nervous/anxious? I know I am. Every day that gets closer, I get a new wave of emotion. I have days where I'm super excited, days where I freak out and cry because I'm scared/nervous and days when I'm just indifferent.
  • Jillsie11
    Options
    Anybody getting excited/nervous/anxious? I know I am. Every day that gets closer, I get a new wave of emotion. I have days where I'm super excited, days where I freak out and cry because I'm scared/nervous and days when I'm just indifferent.

Becky- it's exciting- I have my 34 week appointment on Wednesday...def in the home stretch now! I don't think this pregnancy has gone SUPER fast- but a lot faster than my last one which is good.

I AM getting extrememly nervous/anxious. With my 2 year old, I was induced at 4 days overdue. So, I really don't know what naturally going into labor feels like and that makes me quite nervous. The unknown is very scary! ALSO, I'm getting very anxious about having 2 children under 2...I know people adjust, and it'll just happen naturally. But it all makes me very anxious....so as ready as I am to not be pregnant anymore/have this precious baby in my arms, I'm so nervous that I'm not in any extreme rush either!:)
  • jls8209
    Options
    Faughorn - Hopefully your little man flips for you!

BeckyJill/Jillsie - I go for my 34 week appt on Wednesday, too. I also don't think the pregnancy has gone terribly fast, but at the same time I feel like the end is approaching quickly! (Unless I'm uncomfortable/cranky/tired, then I think 6 more weeks is way too long!)

I can't say I'm excited right now, but that's just the kind of person I am. I didn't even get excited about my wedding until they day of, and then I was a big ball of nerves until the ceremony began. Same thing when we bought our house. It wasn't until we got the keys and all of a sudden it was, "HOLY ***. I OWN A HOUSE!" I am a huge worry-wort, though. I worry that we won't be ready in any sense of the word. Not ready with having everything we need, and not ready because I still don't feel ready to have a baby in my life! But, ready or not, here it comes! :laugh: