What do your primal meals look like? With pics!

Options

Replies

• SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    My meals never look as good as everyone else's....must work on plating skills lol!

Crock pot chopped bbq chicken with sautéed chard.

2012-08-20131420.png
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    That looks great to me!!
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That looks great to me!!

This!
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Dinner last night:
    0BB2502B-DC10-4C29-BC30-608DB0A9EC6C-12720-000010A93367401F.jpg
  • bacamacho
    Options
    My meals never look as good as everyone else's....must work on plating skills lol!

Crock pot chopped bbq chicken with sautéed chard.

Look delish to me!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Yummy ^^^^^ is that salsa Verde?

I looked at the Alexia sweet potato fries and they're coated in potato starch :(
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Lunch tomorrow includes chicken salad on baby romaine:

IMG_3150.jpg

Dinner tonight was paleo shrimp tacos, with (what else?) roasted veggies:

IMG_3155.jpg

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3160.jpg
  • bacamacho
    Options
    Yummy ^^^^^ is that salsa Verde?

I looked at the Alexia sweet potato fries and they're coated in potato starch :(

Bummer on the fries! I'm not super strict so I'm ok with it. That sauce is a jalapeño pepper sauce. So good! I do love salsa verde too though. Yum!
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    Boring but delicious blackened salmon with steamed broccoli
    429622_2605520587253_100968795_n.jpg

Omelette: 2 eggs, green onions, green bell pepper, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, topped with homemade salsa
    408092_2611643060311_51797305_n.jpg
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    The grass-fed NY strips from last night... look at that sear! Mmmm they were delicious!

303659_3149184218504_1492110015_n.jpg
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    YUM!
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    This was delicious! Grass-fed beef burgers with chiles and spices mixed in, on top of an avocado/roasted red pepper sauce and topped with sauteed peppers.

hamburgerchile.jpg
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Seared ahi salad with homemade dressing of fresh ground wasabi root from the Asian market, olive oil, pomegranate vinegar and coconut aminos. Somewhere under all that fish is thin sliced baby carrot, some diced red and green bell pepper, scallions and super thin sliced radish. Oh and cucumber. SO good!

2012-08-23130744.png
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just love these pictures! Everything looks sooooo good! Plus they have been great for giving me different ideas when I'm stuck in a rut!
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    Seared ahi salad with homemade dressing of fresh ground wasabi root from the Asian market, olive oil, pomegranate vinegar and coconut aminos. Somewhere under all that fish is thin sliced baby carrot, some diced red and green bell pepper, scallions and super thin sliced radish. Oh and cucumber. SO good!

I've never actually had ahi, but love seafood. Is it overly 'fishy' or more on the 'mild' side? Just curious...might have to try some!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options

I've never actually had ahi, but love seafood. Is it overly 'fishy' or more on the 'mild' side? Just curious...might have to try some!

I don't find it overly fishy like some might find salmon to be, and I personally like it on the rare side which I think keeps down any strong flavor. The best thing is to find it somewhere that gets it SUPER fresh and then its very mild. Its pricey but you can usually get a small chunk to test out
  • bacamacho
    Options
    All the food look great!

Here's dinner tonight. Broiled carne asada, roasted veggie and sweet potato soup with a salad:
    1F914302-F94B-4221-BF83-2569B8B0D84A-4039-000004748D6B0251.jpg
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    bacamacho: could I have the recipe for that? my husband loves carne asada!!
  • Fairysoul
    Options

2012-08-23130744.png
    Looks really good!