C25K - August, 2012

Options

Replies

• Xbella
    Xbella Posts: 14
    Options
    :happy: I started today. I am very optomistic. Just rejoined my fitness pal today too.
  • Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!

Here's my info

1. What Week/Day are you on? W3D1
    2. How do you feel? Proud that I jogged for 2 3 min intervals!!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? I repeated all of W1 as I was having a mental road block.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Sometimes I end up walking the last 10 seconds as I still haven't gotten the hang of pacing myself and go really fast at the beginning of a segment but I'm working on it!
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I look forward to my run days!
  • crazygracee
    crazygracee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello I only started C25K last night, here are some info:

1. What Week/Day are you on? W1D1

2. How do you feel? Good. I think I will find this W1 light as I am used to long walks and slight running. But I aim to keep to the program!

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I had to adjust in the middle as my C25K app suddenly went silent on me so I missed some and then just adjusted my timings to compensate.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? As mentioned I have run before but just manual pacing and stuff not following an actual program. Although I find the first week too light, I did notice that the program is more balance than what I am doing on my own and it is not a shock to my muscle system. I had a quick glance on the future weeks plans after and now glad that this week is light as I know soon enough I will be in agony. lol I do look forward to it though. :-)
  • Chunk2206
    Options
    1) What week/day are you on? W1D3
    2) How do you feel? Good now. 1st attempt was terrible but dig brilliant on 2nd!
    3) Have you had to repeat a week or day? No so far
    4) Did you *kitten* or remove time from one of your runs? No
    5) Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I noticed that the 2nd time it was easier to run. I'm hoping the 3rd is the same and so on! I've also noticed that my willpower is better than I thought it was at pushing myself to keep going.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm so pleased I've found this group!!

1) What week/day are you on? W1D3 to do next
    2) How do you feel? Great! I was tempted to skip to week 2 since so far I've found week 1 fairly easy but decided to stick to the program. Was a bit sore after day 1 (I didnt stretch as much as I should have afterwards!) but after day 2 I feel brilliant!!
    3) Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet
    4) Did you add or remove time from one of your runs? No
    5) Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Not yet...hoping I will soon though.

I'm really enjoying running - I used to be a runner at school but that was over 10 years ago! Cant wait to be able to run without stopping again!
  • the1to1
    the1to1 Posts: 49
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W8D2
    2. How do you feel? Proud
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Nope
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I took a different route today and was exited when I heard I only had 5 minutes left. But let me tell you, I couldn't wait to hear that I only had 1 minute left.
  • AndreaPool
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W8D2

2. How do you feel? Feeling great!!!

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I ran 30 minutes instead of 28...

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I'm able to run 5K in 30 minutes :)!! When I got back, I calculated how much distance I had covered... and the run was exactly 5K!!! It feels great... I'm excited to continue running in the coming weeks and get my 5K faster (or cover more distance)!!
  • Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Tomm I start Week 3 day 1. I feel tired right now because I am also doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I'm a new runner and love C25K! I use the app on my phone and listen to my music as I run along. Good luck to everyone !
  • OnaTree
    OnaTree Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Your success and commitment inspires me!

I'm just starting out... as in this is my first day, but I have been wanting to get into running for a long time but just now found this program and I am so amped to get started! Can't wait to get started!

Here does W1D1...
  • yayjay
    yayjay Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? w2d3
    2. How do you feel? a little bit sick!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? not yet
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? no
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? ive definately lost a little bit of weight - not much but i do feel mroe toned already im doing the c25k as the cardio aspect of my workouts on 3 days followed by elliptical trianing. Im loving it and cant wait to get out for a bigger run during summer. mostly nwo im doing it in the gym so that i can focus on the speeds.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W9D2
    2. How do you feel? Challenged by another awesome run!!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Yes - added 11 challenging minutes to the run today.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Yes... I am doing the running instead of me controlling the guy on the computer game...:tongue::happy: Feels good too.
  • lynnliam
    Options
    I am on W3D1. I feel so excited about what I am accomplishing! I've always wanted to run and have had many stops and starts through the years. This program is really building my confidence.

I've never repeated or added - I am putting my faith into this, and just tell myself, "It works, keep going" whenever I feel its getting hard. I am always amazed when I finish with no breaks.

At first, I couldn't believe I made it through, but my past two runs have left me energized and empowered. This plan has made me so optimistic.
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on?
    Did W6D1 last night

2. How do you feel?
    Great! Trying to increase my speed now because I am able to talk comfortably at my current speed.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day?
    Just W1D1

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?
    I have added time to my runs a couple of times

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?
    My body is changing! Getting more toned, trim, and less jiggly. ;)
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on?
    Doing w9d3 tonight! (sort of - I am doing a 3 mile loop and timing it)

2. How do you feel?
    So awesome! I did XC in high school and hated every single moment of it (but I loved my teammates, so I stuck with it) so as a result I never tried very hard. This time around it's so different! I feel strong and motivated!

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day?
    Yes - I strained a muscle in week 3 and had to take two weeks off...I started back at week 2 but haven't repeated since.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?
    I have removed walking time and adding lots of running time :smile: only good changes!

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?
    Heck yes! I actually WANT to run for the first time in my life! I've noticed more attitude changes than physical ones, but I can now run more than 4 miles at a time, and I'm getting faster too! I started with a 12 min mile and yesterday on the treadmill I did a 9:00 mile even! (it's easier to do on the treadmill, but still!) and I average just under an 11 min mile on longer runs.
  • Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W3D2
    2. How do you feel? Proud that I was able to run the full time for each segment
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No not this week
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Nope
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Yes I was able to pace myself better and complete each segment!!
  • bambis
    bambis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W2D1
    2. How do you feel? In bad shape. Almost couldn't finish the run. But I did it :)
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Nope
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Nope, but I found out that I have to continue running, it is embarassing to be this tired...
  • VenusEnvy
    VenusEnvy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W7D3
    2. How do you feel? Good! A lot more tired then before but pushing through! if this was easy, everyone would do it!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Just my first 15 minute run. It didn't go well the first day and I had to stop and walk at the 10 minute mark. I was able to complete it the following day.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Sometimes I run the last part of the cooldown. It seems so long.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Loving running! My legs are toned. I actually run before work. I am NOT a morning person, but I enjoy it enough that I can get up early.
  • mdelappe
    mdelappe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W3D3
    2. How do you feel? I feel great - I finished day 2 better than I thought I would!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet!
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I am proud of myself!
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W3D3
    2. How do you feel? My legs feel pretty sore and fatigued. Otherwise great!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet, but I'm guessing I won't be ready for the 5 minute run in W4 so I may have to repeat this week.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No, only added some time to the walking.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? My thighs feel stronger and more defined!
  • bambis
    bambis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W2D2
    2. How do you feel? So happy that I decided to finish, even though I had to do it at a slower pace than last workout.
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No, but I think I will repeat week two next week. Today was hard!
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Not yet.