C25K - August, 2012

Options
1235»

Replies

• Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W3D3
    2. How do you feel? Hurtin today, lol. Not too sure what was different but today really kicked my but
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No not this week
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Nope
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Didn't feel as out of breath during each segment as I had been
  • redrover
    redrover Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W4D2 completed today

2. How do you feel? Tired but good.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? My breathing is the thing that limits my time any more, rather than tired muscles. My posture has also improved.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W9D3
    2. How do you feel? Lighter b/c I lost a couple pounds this week :smile:
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Yes - I skipped the warmup walk added 20 challenging minutes to this final run of the program.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? It feels sooo good to have achieved this goal. So amazing. :drinker:
  • Elo99
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • centralvicgirl
    centralvicgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W6 D3 (of Run 5K app)

2. How do you feel? Great.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Not today. It was supposed to be my first 20-min-straight run, but I was overeager and tried that already a couple of days ago. This was at least slightly faster and felt more comfortable.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I can now keep my heart rate down to a more sustainable level (for me, in the 160s. Used to be in the high 170s-low 180s).
  • bambis
    bambis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? Repeating week 2 D1

2. How do you feel? OK

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Repeating week two this week.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? no

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Today I knew the whole time that I could finish. Last week I did not :)
  • the1to1
    the1to1 Posts: 49
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W9D1 (Sunday)
    2. How do you feel? Accomplished
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Just walking to cool down and get back home.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I went a different route and it was misting while I was jogging. I was excited when I finished and look forward to another 30 min jog.
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W1D1
    2. How do you feel? Embarrassed! (I completed the program in May 2011, but fell away from my exercise regimen...)
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Well, not yet ... just starting back up!
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Nope... just starting with 30 min of walking, and will start in about a week!
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I'm walking the loop that I used to jog... I can't wait to start jogging it again!
  • the1to1
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W9D2
    2. How do you feel? Excited
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Just walking to cool down and get back home.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I think the key is to mix it up. I went a different route again today and it really helps keeping the mind guessing on when the 30 minutes are up. I didn't have any problems this morning.
  • crystalsfordham
    crystalsfordham Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W4D1
    2. How do you feel? Great
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Yes, had injury & illness...two weeks off so re-started in prior week completed.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Just walking to get back home.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I enjoy jogging and feel myself getting better.
  • Elo99
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W4D1
    2. How do you feel? Proud I completed the two 5 minute segments!
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No not this week
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Nope
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? That I was able to complete each segment but was pretty slow, lol
  • the1to1
    Options
    GRADUATION PARTY!!!

1. What Week/Day are you on? W9D3
    2. How do you feel? Excited
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? It really feels awesome to have completed this. I need to find another plan to follow but so far just plan on adding a couple minutes each day until I can actually complete a 5K.
  • mdelappe
    mdelappe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    1. What week/day are you on? W4 D2
    2. How do you feel? I feel great - Planning to start entering 5Ks
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? W4 D1 - took more time on my cool down.
    5. Do you notice anything different about yourself? Instead of fearing the next workout, I am ready because I know I can do it!
  • Elo99
    Options
    1. What week/day are you on? W4 D2
    2. How do you feel? Good!
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Added some warm up time today since I felt a little stiff
    5. Do you notice anything different about yourself? Not today, lol
  • crystalsfordham
    crystalsfordham Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W4D2
    2. How do you feel? Great
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not this week
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Just walking to get back home.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I am finding a good pace. The increase is always hardest on the first day but I continue to get better.
  • BrandNewAmy
    BrandNewAmy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on?

W1D3

2. How do you feel?

AWESOME!!

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day?

Sadly, yes. I started C25K back in the spring. I got to about week three, got sidetracked by life, and stopped. So now I'm back and looking to MFP friends for support!!

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?

I add about 5 to 10 minutes to my cool down.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?

I feel better when I finish my run/walk. I feel accomplished! :)
  • Elo99
    Options
    1. What Week/Day are you on? W4 D3
    2. How do you feel? Good
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Nope
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? just added some warm up time prior to starting the app
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? not today.

I do think I am going to repeat wk 4. I didn't handle the 5 min runs very well and think I need some more work before moving on :embarassed:
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    1. What week/day ? Just completed week 3 today.
    2. How do you feel ?? Great except for a problem knee. Hoping it doesn't slow me down
    3. Have you had to repeat? Not yet. May repeat week3 thou cause week 4 scares me
    4. Do you add remove ? I did add another 90 second set to the end today. Sometimes walk longer at end, but only cause I am not at the house yet. Lol. Don't have a stopwatch or pocast, so I am counting the whole time. Probably need to get something so I don't have to count for 5-20 mins.
    5. Notice any different ?? Ummmm, I may actually like running. That is a big wow coming from a gal that barely mafe it thru PE.