September Week One: Lets Motivate Each Other!!

Options
I was thinking this morning how we set long term goals that seem so far away! I think sometimes I fail because I am thinking wow I have to do this for months and get discouraged. The thought behind this post is the idea of taking the journey one step at a time. We can all discuss what changes we plan to make for the week and motivate each other to keep them. When times get hard throughout the whole week come here for encouragement. If we can get through this week we can get through it all!!

This week I plan to drink plenty of water. Replace two meals with smoothies with healthy snacks in between. No fried foods!! What about you?

Replies

• ellejaye180
    ellejaye180 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goal for September is to incorporate more exercise and water. I strongly believe (and know for a fact) that if I exercised more, I would be further along in this journey. Also, no eating out!!!
  • Sade510
    Sade510 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is to stop sneaking foods between my meals (unless they are veggies) and to be at Sprinting intervals for a full 20 min by Saturday. I'm already at 10 so I just need to push myself.

Good luck ladies!!
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    September is MY month. It's my birthday month!

Plans for this month for me are to:

1. Stick with my calories (1500 daily)
    2. Drink more water
    3. Keep on going to the gym
    4. Stay focused on my end goal but realize that I only need 4.2 lbs this month off my body

We can all do it! We are here for a reason. Wouldn't it be great to enter 2013 as a new you? =)

I need to lose 4.2 lbs a month to hit my goal. It's too easy to let go!
  • nikkiharbor1
    Options
    My goal is to follow my half marathon training schedule this week.
  • Hcrowder81
    Hcrowder81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My goal is to complete 30 day shred this time...2nd attempt!
  • Rochie81
    Rochie81 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great post. This week I will drink more water; at least 96 oz. ea. day and walk about 3 miles ea. morning. Best wishes this week ladies :)
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to stay on track and not go over my calories or sodium.
  • londaknight
    londaknight Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My goal is to do my new calisthenics workout plan 5 days this week, and increase my water intake from 80oz to 96oz.
  • soosweet1920
    soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Honestly...yesterday I blew it! But today is a new day and I'm ready to get it in :). I feel like I start over every other week and I'm over it. 5 weeks until my birthday and I'm making every day count!!!!!!
  • MzColey
    Options
    Well this is my month of Birthday, and I plan to exercise more, stay on top of my 1200 calorie intake, no matter how tired I am to hold my self accountable for my working out and exercise...even when my walking buddies cancel to keep pushing and go on..to have these pounds dropped by hard work and dedication and healthy eating habits.

Lets get it done ( my new motto)

Feel free to add me the more Sistas the better.....
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    My goal for September is to incorporate more exercise and water. I strongly believe (and know for a fact) that if I exercised more, I would be further along in this journey. Also, no eating out!!!

Im with her!!. I too need to exercise more in order to get my progress moving faster
  • Rochie81
    Options
    This is my bday month too and I want to make this my most successful month yet. I walked 2 miles instead of the 3 miles I planned on yesterday, but I know I have to keep striving. I have to retrain myself to get up earlier in the morning to get my workouts in.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week are to eat all meals before 8:30pm and workout in mornings at least 3 times this week. There are 17 weeks before Christmas day and I would love to lose 17lbs by then so I could prehaps feel better about myself and be on track by New Years instead making the same sorry New Years resolution I make every year which is to get in shape and lose weight!
  • soosweet1920
    Options
    This is great ladies!! I did 3 miles on the ellipical this morning...plan to do 3 more this afternoon. I want to work super had these next 5 weeks. By Christmas I want to be close to being out of the 200s. We can do this!! You all inspire me :)
  • soosweet1920
    Options
    My coworker made a simple but GREAT point yesterday...They had cookies in the cafe at work and I was like dang the cookie 190 calories I could just work it off and she was like yea but "is it really worth it?" Bottom line is unhealthy food really isn't worth it. You taste it for a min or two and it just sets you back again.
  • Nicoleholmes2
    Nicoleholmes2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    After a great time with my family over the holiday weekend my goal is to stick to program and not get into the leftovers:(
  • Rochie81
    Options
    @soosweet12 that is a great point, I like your self control. I have been doing well with drinking enough water, but I am still struggling to get out the bed in the mornings to walk... I'll get it in this evening though. Have a wonderful day ladies!!!
  • My goal for this month is to drink more water andreplace one meal a day with a smoothie (fruit or veggie or combo). Also I want to to switch up my exercise routine and add more fun to it to keep me going back for more.
  • Me too! I keep making excuses but this month I am going to do it all!
  • mightyafrodyte
    mightyafrodyte Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Love this goal right here! Also, I need to get 8 hours of sleep consistently. And wake up earlier to get my workouts in the AM... it's just too easy to find a reason not to work out in the evenings.