TODAY'S the day

Options
So, I'm up and ready to start. I've got my weigh in today and wasn't very happy. I'm up quite a bit. I knew I would be since I had a whirlwind anniversary weekend full of fair/festival foods. I'm ready to go though. NOT looking forward to the veggie juice this morning. Hubby said "hold your nose and you'll be fine"..LOL love that skinny little man. He has no clue what it's like to battle weight but he's so supportive of me.

Best Wishes to everyone. Cann't wait to see how the day goes.

Replies

• stayathomezookeepa
    Options
    yay!! its already 2pm here where i am. So far so good on my 1st official day :) i had eggs and bacon for breakfast and salmon and broccoli for lunch.
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    Best to those that are starting today...I am on day two and feel pretty good...managed to get some sleep...that is always a good sign.

Remember to eat your snacks...they are mandatory...a bit of protein (one ounce with veggies) or anything on the approved list...keeps you going ... especially cuz some of you workout so hard.

Post questions and concerns when they arise (or message any of us)...someone will be by to help you out. Off to get that juice in me and then onto the treadmill. Have a great day everyone!

ETA: Tempted to get on the scale today (I weighed in yesterday)...but I am going to trust in the program and weigh in once a week...this is my second time on P1 ... first was in 2008 and I was always so amazed to see the pounds continue to come off...not huge numbers...but consistent...always losing. Even when I entered P2. It was just when I got sloppy with the dos and don'ts that I stopped losing and then this last year, actually gained.
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to be on this plan with all of you! I went ahead and started yesterday for a kick-start, but counting today as Day 1!

My snacks for the day: HB eggs (2), Morningstar farms bacon strips (love those!) and a serving of almonds. For dinner, I'm planning on grilled chicken thighs.

One piece of advice: plan your meals and have protein on-hand so that you don't cave!
  • determinedhealthy
    determinedhealthy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This is day 2 for me. I made a broccoli cheese breakfast casserole for breakfast (link below) and I'm trying to figure out if I want turkey bean chili or a can of tuna on a bed of lettuce for lunch....hmmm

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2005/07/broccoli-cheese-breakfast-casserole.html

So glad ya'll are on board, comments on our group are encouraged!!!!! Ask questions, state facts you learn along the way, give a word of advice, anything...

Make it a great day!!!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    VEGGIES ARE OUR FRIENDS !

OK, so far, so good ..... had breakfast, snack & lunch ..... dinner's in the slowcooker ..... did 10 mins of yoga earlier .... going to the gym later for cardio, weights & maybe a yoga class ..... then watching football tonight.

B-coffee w/skim milk , and 1 HB egg, 1 slice LF provolone, and 1.5 cups of red & green peppers and tomatoes
    S-cottage cheese, V8
    L-London broil, roasted chickpeas, 2 cups of roasted broccoli & tomatoes
    S-cheesestick
    D-chili (turkey-veggie-bean) and a side salad

I had lost 40+ lbs eating SB, then maintained for a long time ...... now I want to lose a bit more ..... starting weight is 150.5# ..... and my goal is 140#

Hope everyone has a beachy day :drinker:
  • KimberErin
    KimberErin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @ margieyoumans.. what kind of veggie juice did you drink? recipe?
    @ verptwerp.. what are you having in the slow cooker?

I need recipes.. I don't want to be bored or dread these two weeks! I'm a huge fruit fan so this is gonna be hard. Please help me!
  • margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I did the Mott's Vegetable juice. I managed to get 2 oz down without flipping. I really HATE veggie juice!
  • verptwerp
    Options
    :laugh:

@ verptwerp.. what are you having in the slow cooker?

I need recipes.. I don't want to be bored or dread these two weeks! I'm a huge fruit fan so this is gonna be hard. Please help me!

To: KimberErin:

I meant to say "ground turkey-veggie-chili" in the slowcooker ...... I brown up ground turkey in a skillet with cumin, chili, etc ..... then brown some chopped onions & green peppers ...... put in the slowcooker with canned (drained & rinsed) red kidney beans, black beans, some chilies, and plain tomato sauce (canned is fine) ..... it's mostly cooked already, so 4 hours on high was plenty ..... but 8 hours on low would work .....

My husband adjusted the seasonings towards the end & took FULL credit for a delicious meal :laugh:

BTW, I love fruit too ...... but I'm a big girl ...... I can deal with it !
  • verptwerp
    Options
    No one HAS to drink tomato juice or vegetable juice for breakfast ...... it's loaded with sodium anyway ..... you can always have a half-cup of veggies instead ........ slice up some red peppers, or sautee onions & mushrooms ...... do it ahead of time, cuz mornings are often a mad rush :drinker:
  • determinedhealthy
    Options
    I can't drink veggie juice personally I just can't get it down without pluggin my nose, lol.

@KimberErin - If you download the SBD app on your smart phone (assuming you have a smart phone) cost $1.99 and so worth all the recipes and what to eat and what not to on each phase. Also here is a link to recipes:

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/09/south-beach-diet-information-posts-on.html

Although I haven't been feeling well the last couple days I have a great day on SBD today. I was getting worried that my boneless chicken breasts were getting old to me b/c I didn't have a condiment, I am missing my ketchup or ranch or honey mustard. So I discovered that worcershire sauce is allowed and it was excellent!!!

Nite all
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    Well, great...I like the V8...but not as much as my green smoothies...(but those have fruit in em...two weeks is not that long to wait)...so V8 it is for twelve more days.

I did ok today...way too much peanut butter. Need to weigh it...not measure it...too easy to go overboard.

Working the next four days...so lots of prepping at night.

Good job everyone...sweet dreams...c u tomorrow.
  • margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to let the kidos have the veggie juice. YUCK, just cann't do it.
  • verptwerp
    Options
    This is my PLAN du jour ......

B: HB egg, slice of London broil, peppers, tomatoes, coffee w/skim milk
    S: coffee w/skim milk & tsp of PB
    L: turkey breast, roasted chickpeas, roasted broccoli, cherry tomatoes
    S: red peppers & hummus
    D: turkey-veggie chili, side salad with broccoli slaw, Newman's ginger dressing
    S: plain LF yogurt & SF orange marm

Going into work now, will hit the gym afterwards for cardio, weights & a yoga class.

Wishing everyone a beachy day :drinker:
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    My plan today is:

B: black coffee, two eggs scrambled, 7 grams light Mexican cheese, cherry toms, V8
    S: roast beef mustard celery, coffee with frothed skim milk
    L: poached chicken, cilantro mayo, cherry toms, bell pepper strips, celery with one LC wedge, water
    S: celery with LC wedge
    D: spinach salad, more poached chicken, galeos sesame dressing, baked eggplant with parm/reggiano, water
    D: ff plain Fage with nsa jam

Make it a beachy day everyone!
  • determinedhealthy
    Options
    Tue 09/18/12 01:18 PM

My plan for todays meals:

B: Broccoli cheese casserole
    S: deli turkey, tomato slices and mayo
    L: Tuna , lettuce, oil & vinegar dressing, green olives, lemon juice
    S: Natural peanut butter & Ricotta (going to mix these together as a test)
    D: baked asparagus and chicken breast
    D: glass of milk or fudge pop NSA

15 CUPS OF WATER
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    I admire you peanut butter people...I went over first two days. So none today. I have always tried to have it in the house...with no success...I was just too darn weak...

This time, I am going to have it again in a day or two and weigh it. If I use the measuring spoon, I get too liberal. Ahhh, that little bit won't hurt...and that little bit...

For now, I will use those adorable little LC wedges for my celery.

Hope your ricotta pb mixture is a hit, determined!
  • worthliving4
    worthliving4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I did South Beach in the spring of 2005 before my wedding. I lost about 18 pounds total but the first two weeks were the most crucial for sure! The rest just came off with little effort but the first two weeks I was really impressed by my loss and my overall feeling.
  • determinedhealthy
    Options
    I did South Beach in the spring of 2005 before my wedding. I lost about 18 pounds total but the first two weeks were the most crucial for sure! The rest just came off with little effort but the first two weeks I was really impressed by my loss and my overall feeling.

Thanks Laura Your post was motivational. Phase one is tough, but will be so worth it. If I can eat chicken and veggies while my husband and step son ate a papa johns pizza in front of me last night I can do this thing and do it well.:love:
  • 4given4life
    4given4life Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone had a great start food wise. I need to start back my exercising. I was walking with my sister but it's been raining here the last few days.

What I had today:
    B: 4 small ham, cheese, broccoli egg cups, 1/2 c cottage cheese, coffee w/ SF cream
    L: shrimp with veggie medley (had to pick out corn and carrots, oops!), sauteed with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and a touch of butter, sf fudge bar
    S: celery with 2 Tbsp lite ranch, peanut butter
    D: tilapia cooked in olive oil, seasoned with Mrs. Dash fiesta lime, asparagus and field peas, SF strawberry jello

Plenty of water
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm really embarrassed to say I already caved :( I went out for lunch with people to a deli and got carried away. Damn it.

Can I erase today? I've felt super bad about it all day...I did so great these last two days!

I've been really good, otherwise, and not going to let this indiscretion ruin this for me.

Mostly I want to apologize to all of you, who are trying so hard, for being so weak in the face of the first of many, many challenges....