Just Chat

Options
I figured we can have a chat thread to just shoot the breeze about anything..how your day is going, any stress and struggles you may want to share..vent if you have too...anything. :bigsmile:

Replies

• WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Bump!

So hows everyone doing? Any struggles or setbacks? I've had a couple of slips, and find it a challenge daily to stay motivated and on track. The reward for reaching my phase 1 goal will be a 1 hr massage. :bigsmile:
  • Yoshima
    Options
    All is well so far for me. Feeling motivated, and confident in my ability. A massage is a good reward. Been a while since I've had one. My phase one reward is going to be a new haircut & color.
  • stefwi2000
    stefwi2000 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well I have been cleared by my surgeon to return back to the gym starting next week. I am so happy. I am get back to water aerobics and hitting the pavement hard. That is my rant and rave for the day. I am looking forward to the first phase of our weight loss challenge. Good night all.
  • rnhoppe
    rnhoppe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Struggling to find what works. Upped my calories after gaining for a few days...guess I wasn't eating enough. Now it seems to be working.
  • gods_gal
    Options
    I gave blood today and my son came with me to donate also. He tried last time I went but his pulse was too high. Today he was able to give and I am so proud of him. While he was finishing up I asked him if he wanted to go to a movie. He hadn't seen The Dark Knight Rises yet so we went to see that. Even though it had more violence than I like, I really enjoyed it and being with my boy. Hope you all have a great weekend!!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    Bump.

This month has been a tough start and my weight is going up and down the same pound. My eating isn't always the best, but I'm working on it. How's everyone else doing so far?
  • smariere
    smariere Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    This month has Ben hard for me too. I find it hard to stay motivated. I start off the day well, but by the end I just can't seem to care anymore... The weather is finally cooler here though, so that has been inspiring me to get outside with the dogs and go walking.

What does everyone do to stay motivated?
  • rnhoppe
    Options
    For the most part I plan my meals the day before..helps keep me on track. Dinners are planned a week in advance. I try to plan meals for dinner that I would normally eat before dieting...just tweak the recipes. I made meatball calzones last night...so yummy and filling. Didn't taste like "diet food" at all. I try not to deprive myself of what I like...just modify it.
  • Yoshima
    Options
    For the most part I plan my meals the day before..helps keep me on track. Dinners are planned a week in advance. I try to plan meals for dinner that I would normally eat before dieting...just tweak the recipes. I made meatball calzones last night...so yummy and filling. Didn't taste like "diet food" at all. I try not to deprive myself of what I like...just modify it.

I do this, too. I pre-log my meals for the whole day the night before, and mostly plan dinner for the whole week on Sundays. I find it helpful to not only stay on track, but to feel more organized/on top of things. I tweak the days as they happen, because sometimes things change, and that is ok as long as I don't do anything crazy :)

The weight loss is slow for me, but it is coming off, and that was the plan, anyway. Slow and steady for this girl.
  • stefwi2000
    stefwi2000 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump!

So hows everyone doing? Any struggles or setbacks? I've had a couple of slips, and find it a challenge daily to stay motivated and on track. The reward for reaching my phase 1 goal will be a 1 hr massage. :bigsmile:

I have found my self slipping also. My weight goes up 1 pound and then down 2.5. I am working hard to stay on track for the phase 1 goal. My reward is a new slimming dress for my husbands company party. First impressions mean the world to me.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    I am feeling the same way. I hope next month is better for all of us..:frown:
  • Yoshima
    Options
    I dropped 6.5 lb. since 9/1. I really hope I can keep it up. Hang in there everyone. Keep moving forward to better health! :)
  • rnhoppe
    Options
    How's everyone doing this week?
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    Not good, but still trying.
  • NewASH2013
    NewASH2013 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Things have been going okay. This week, my church is fasting for eight (8) days. That has even been pretty cool. I am trying to walk at least two (2) miles every day. No complaints!!!
  • rnhoppe
    Options
    I did sneak a peek at the scale this morning (weigh in is tomorrow)... Excited..things are looking good this week!
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    TGIF everyone...

My program this month has not been super successful. I'm happy this thread was started and I'm not alone in the struggle. I was on the verge of quitting. But I have done better this week. I got up at 5am twice this week to workout. I will go swimming tomorrow and another workout on Sunday. I do realize majority of the problem is what I shove in my mouth. I have been successful this week in not shoving anything bad in. :noway: :bigsmile:

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    Hows everyone doing? This weekend was pretty quiet. Everyone still on track and doing okay or was there struggles and downfalls? I'm sure we all had some tough times and we are not even through our first month yet..just hang in there. I'm working on working harder then ever for October/November. I want to make this count. :bigsmile:
  • Yoshima
    Options
    Started out well, but I am have been having a hard time since the middle of last week with compulsive eating. It's showing on the scale with a fluctuation of maintaining my weight to a three pound gain depending on the day. It is really frustrating as I feel like I have no control when I do this. It's especially hard to quit once I slip up :( I pre-log my days the night before, and this usually helps me stay on track, except when I'm having compulsive eating "moments". Honestly, most days I've managed to stay under my calories limit, but the choices have been terrible.

I don't plan on giving up, and feel more determined than ever. It's just all about getting my overeating/binging under control. I've already started today out BAD, but I am going to fight to finish off the day with healthy food & portions. . I am also giving myself a challenge for tomorrow...

To pre-log my meals for tomorrow, and stick to it 90% or better, while staying under my calorie.

Hmmm...this gives me an idea for an all group challenge. If you need a boost get your buns to the challenge thread :) What is one thing we can do this week to help improve your routine, or get back on track if you need a little nudge?
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    I need to work on more strength training and lift more weights:laugh: ..so I'm aiming for at least 30 minutes, 3x's a week. :bigsmile:

I am also working on logging everything, being honest about it, try and keep my Sodium under 3000..(for starters) and drink Water! :drinker: