Do you Carry/Intend to carry?

Options

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I am in Grad school so I can only carry on days that I don't go to class.

I secretly carried all 4 years of school... once I found out the REAL crime stats on campus versus the official stats it was a no brainer.

I did as well although against school policy
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I am in Grad school so I can only carry on days that I don't go to class.

I secretly carried all 4 years of school... once I found out the REAL crime stats on campus versus the official stats it was a no brainer.

I did as well although against school policy

Me too- I carried it in either one of those purpose built fanny packs or I ah a custom computer carrying case made with a built in holster in a hidden outside compartment. I carried a 1911 Combat Commander due to its slimness
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    My wife and I carry everyday.

I have a .38spl revolver, a Taurus 9mm, and a Bersa .380.
    Tennessee issues a "Handgun Carry Permit" you can open or conceal carry.
    I conceal carry most of the time, there are occasions that I will open carry.
  • Aleciajones
    Aleciajones Posts: 153
    Options
    I could open carry but don't, if I would stop slacking and take the class Id carry my colt viper
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Obviously this is for those that live in places that allow carrying a firearm on ones person. If you do live in one of said locations, do you currently carry a firearm? If not, do you intend on doing so when you get a permit (If required)? If you do carry, why not share what you carry and how you carry it.

Personally, I carry every day when I walk out the door. I use an IWB Tuckable holster and slip my CZ83 in there.

I have, as yet, been unable to get a carry permit (I don't have the money to take the course and get the license) but I intend to as soon as I can. I have a G26 but I intend to get and carry a G27 OR a G23 (the 27 is more concealable so that will likely be the one I carry because I don't want anyone to know I have it until I have reason for them to know). When I do get my carry permit, I have every intention of investing the money in a small of the back holster for it as well (if it is the G27) or just a hip holster if it's the 23.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I carry a Kel Tec .32 out in public unless I feel the need for something bigger.

Here in MA I can't even kill someone that breaks in my house unless they are armed too. Brandishing is a felony too. Here it's almost ask questions first, and shoot later.

I was reading some of the other comments, and here you must have a license to carry. They have different levels and mine is high capacity and I am allowed to have the largest mags allowed and use semi-automatics. MA is NOT reciprocal with other states, so be careful if you come here. I had to get a license in NH, VT you don't need one for concealed carry and you need to get one in RI and CT.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My motto is CANT - Carry Always Never Tell (where legal).

I do carry concealed and tend to avoid places that don't want me in there with my protection for myself.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    sometimes i take my 30/30 when im out in the woods, other than that i used to keep the 32 in the glove box and then i relized that if my car was stolen so was my gun....it stays home now:bigsmile:
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I have carried concealed for at least 3 years. I have a Taurus 357 magnum. I use hollow points. I carry it everyday I walk. We live way out in the country and I am out here alone.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Maryland :(

If I had a chance to carry and I would have carried it 24/7 even I go into shower with Glock 30, lol.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm in MA as well but I have my Class A license to carry concealed. When I do carry, it's typically my S&W 38sp snub nose revolver. It's light and small and easy to conceal. I like the S&W 908 but I don't carry that as much anymore. I have a Coronado Leather purse which is definitely helpful if my clothing isn't the best for concealed carry. In MA there is no such thing as open carry and you have to have a Class A license to carry concealed. Unfortunately, despite the fact that upper management and many people here at work are pro-gun, there was an issue here some years ago and as a result carrying on company grounds can be cause for dismissal. I like my company and aside from that one rule it's great, so I tolerate it. I carry pepper spray on my keychain always.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I haven't purchased a gun yet (not sure what I want - I need to shoot a LOT more!), but when I do, I am considering carrying. I would like to be able to keep it on my person rather than in my purse, but I'm not sure how to go about that because it's not always workable with women's clothes. I am leery about putting it in my purse because I have a toddler, and I'm afraid he will go into my purse one day and come upon a gun. Even with a safety and all that, it worries me.

As such, I am weighing gun safety with regard to a young child against carrying.

However, I will be keeping a gun at home and one in my office (my husband and I are self-employed, and our employees are also gun-lovers). Here you are allowed to keep a firearm in your home, in your place of business, and concealed in your vehicle (glove compartment is ok). I recently spoke to the solicitor's office about carrying from your car to your home/office either openly or without a CCW. He told me that if you were carrying your firearm from your car to bring it into your home or office, someone attacked you, and you had to use your firearm, you might be charged for carrying unlawfully, but the charge would likely be dropped given the circumstances. We like our guns here in SC, and although we don't own any firearms, it makes me feel a bit better knowing I have neighbors who are pretty well-armed (one is a cop and one is a retired Marine).

Here it's not that hard to get a CCW, but the place I shoot also has a "Utah certification" class so that you can lawfully carry in a healthy chunk of states. It's a bit longer of a class and more expensive, but it appears to be worth it given how many states it includes.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I carry a Kel Tec .32 out in public unless I feel the need for something bigger.

Here in MA I can't even kill someone that breaks in my house unless they are armed too. Brandishing is a felony too. Here it's almost ask questions first, and shoot later.

I was reading some of the other comments, and here you must have a license to carry. They have different levels and mine is high capacity and I am allowed to have the largest mags allowed and use semi-automatics. MA is NOT reciprocal with other states, so be careful if you come here. I had to get a license in NH, VT you don't need one for concealed carry and you need to get one in RI and CT.

I am so sorry about how that works in MA, that you can't shoot an intruder unless they also have a firearm. Here in SC you can shoot first, ask questions later. Even if you were charged for some reason, I don't think any jury here would convict you!
  • alicia0416
    alicia0416 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I do carry most of the time. I have a H&K .40.... Its AWESOME!!!!!
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    I have a CC permit but don't carry at the moment. Mainly because I haven't found a holster I like yet. I have one that allows you to carry in the small of the back or appendix style but it just doesn't seem comfortable. I'm wondering if I wouldn't like an ankle holster better. Or if I just need wear the one I have around the house more to get comfortable with it.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I don't carry, never have.......but I've been looking at buying a new gun and getting my carry permit.

I sold both my guns last year and haven't replaced them yet.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I carry most of the time. I carry a Bersa "Mini Thunder" .45ACP and my preferred method is in my Smart carry (thunderwear) or an ankle holster inside my left ankle.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have a CC permit but don't carry at the moment. Mainly because I haven't found a holster I like yet. I have one that allows you to carry in the small of the back or appendix style but it just doesn't seem comfortable. I'm wondering if I wouldn't like an ankle holster better. Or if I just need wear the one I have around the house more to get comfortable with it.

My viewpoint on ankle holsters is ... they are great as a backup. I view it as I want it very easily accessible if needed. At the ankle it would take me time to have to bend over and get the gun. I have both OWB and IWB holsters. OWB = Outside Waist Band and IWB = Inside Waist Band.

My IWB is very comfortable and I wear it at the 7 o'clock position (I'm a southpaw). There are several great manufacturers of holsters that make them custom to the gun. Two I know of that are well thought of are American Holster Company and Cleveland Holster. My wife and I have 4 of the American Holsters.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options

Look into the smart carry. It seems silly but I LOVE mine and literally forget that I am carrying a .45ACP and an extra mag. It is so comfortable and easy to access.

http://www.smartcarry.com/
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I carry a 5 shot American Arms .22 pistol. It fits in my front pocket with no holster. This goes everywhere with me.

When traveling, I bring along my .357 for company. It fits in the center console of the Suburban so it is accessable to either myself or my wife.