WEEK 1 GOAL

Options
2»

Replies

• debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    OK....So I get up this morning and go sit on my peaceful back porch to read before the little ones get up. All of a sudden I realize I am drinking coffee! How sad is that that I made it and started drinking it without realizing what I was doing! I may have to put my Keurig under the counter somewhere!!!! I don't put sugar in it and I use fat feee

OMG...**T**...I went out to breakfast this morning, and had coffee and water. I was sooo bent on reaching my goal of 8 glasses of water early that when the Challenge ONLY water for a week...my brainwaves interpreted...drink 8 glasses. :blushing: Anyway, from this moment I will not have coffee or tea until next Sunday at this hour (that *will* be difficult because we are going out of town...and I love my coffee. Oh well...It is a habit, and I don't drink it that often to have withdrawals, but until I read your post, I did not realize that we should have NOTHING but water. Thx for your post :):flowerforyou: Deb...
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yea, I have had a cup of coffee every morning since I was TWO so it will be a hard habit to break. I doubt I have withdrawals because it is only one cup a day, two in the weekends, so I should be fine with no withdrawals. Now, when I quit drinking 5-6 20 oz DPs every day.....that I bad headache withdrawals!
  • debilang
    Options
    Goals 9/30/12
    1) Exercise - 30 minutes - DONE - Walked with Grandbaby of 8 months, and White Standard Poodle Rescue...my new granddog!
    2) No processed sugar - DONE
    3) Water - 8 glasses - DONE :drinker:
  • debilang
    Options
    Of my three challenges for a week, 1) drink ONLY water for a week, 2) Exercise 30 minutes 3) No fast food. (My choices), all seem hard to me even for one week. It is AMAZING how habits are hard to break. I love my coffee, and an occasionally soy latte. I *did* have a side effect of no coffee, even thought about quitting the group...yes already. I was grumpy, ... it could have been because I was fasting for a blood test that I didn't take because I was told I could not until the 19th of this month. LOL...my life seemed like a comedy of errors. I *do* feel better. I made a SCRUMPTIOUS salad, in which I cut my forefinger a bit. "It could have been WAY worse, and snapped me back to reality. My VICTORIES are that I ate a salad I prepared instead of going to stop for fast food, and drinking Hot Water instead of drinking coffee in spite of craving it. One of my MFP Pals said something as simple as I was "an inspiration" for my Daily menu YESTERDAY! Wow right on time. We just don't know where the encouragement will come from :love: :drinker:
  • debilang
    Options
    Met 2 out of three goals yesterday: (10-1-12):
    1) 8 glasses of WATER...no other liquids
    2) No processed sugar or fast food...I was out all day...came home to make a salad.
    3) Did NOT get any formal exercise.

Today:

1) 8 glasses of water
    2) No Fast Food...gave up beef and pork for October on an MFP's pals challenge
    3) Exercise...at least an hour walk with my granddog...it's gonna be HOT today again...going as soon as I eat breakfast...Eggs, Salsa, Brocolli, Cheese... YUMM!
  • debilang
    Options
    October 2, 2012
    Today:
    1) 8 glasses of water DONE
    2) No Fast Food...gave up beef and pork for October on an MFP's pals challenge - DONE
    3) Exercise...at least an hour walk with my granddog.. An hour and 45 minutes with granddog. YAY!!
  • tlacox1
    Options
    Oh< That would be a challenge I couldn't do! Give up beef? This country girl would fail that one!!!!!
  • debilang
    Options
    Oh< That would be a challenge I couldn't do! Give up beef? This country girl would fail that one!!!!!

LOL...:laugh: Hey **T**...I must have been out of my mind in that moment...it was more to support my friend. But, it is only for a month...I've done that before...and it was a good thing...THX for the comment you made me giggle...:happy:
  • debilang
    Options
    October 3rd Goals

1) 8 glasses of water - DONE
    2) No Fast Food - NOPE - Out and about with my daughter and the grandkids. The grandkids needed to expend energy, and we were HUNGRY...so went through Burger King. Got a Chicken Wrap...*and* and Ice Cream
    3) Exercise - DONE - 1 hour of walking my dog at 3.5 mph...YAY...193 calories burned
  • debilang
    Options
    October 4, 2012

1) 8 glasses of water DONE
    2) NO FAST FOOD! Yay! DONE
    3) 1 hour brisk 4.0 walking exercise with my granddog. DONE
  • tlacox1
    Options

LOL...:laugh: Hey **T**...I must have been out of my mind in that moment...it was more to support my friend. But, it is only for a month...I've done that before...and it was a good thing...THX for the comment you made me giggle...:happy:

Well, bow season for White Tail deer started here last weekend so the beef intake will go way down because the deer meat consumption is about to go up! This entire family hunts so we hunt enough to stock our freezer year round with deer but when it's fresh....man, we eat A LOT!
  • debilang
    Options
    October 5

1) 8 glasses of water - DONE
    2) 90 minutes of walking the Botanical Gardens in Fort Bragg
    3) No Fast Food - NONE

October 6
    1) 4 glasses of water - FAILED to drink 8 glasses. Also, had my 1st cup of black coffee since I started challenge. We were having breakfast with our Club, and I just got coffee, but also drank a full glass of water. I thought I could keep the Challenge of JUST WATER, but on vacation it is REALLY my challenge. Have decided to put on hold this challenge until I get back home. I will start MONDAY again. I didn't do bad...and I am drinking LOTS more water than ever.
    2) Walked around Fort Bragg. Cool town, lots of shops. We went on the Skunk Train, which was fun. My pedometer register 2000 steps. Hmmm...I think that is a MILE. DONE
    3) Eating healthy, but had Popcorn (no butter) on the Skunk Train. Was getting queasey from all the rocking. FAILED (Popcorn fast food)
    **T** I really enjoy deer.
  • 7djt
    7djt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Done! Piece of cake... errr glass of water :drinker:
  • debilang
    Options
    October 7

1) 8 glasses of water - Done (also had black coffee)...so FAILED
    2) No Fast Food - Did eat restaurant food, but healthy (Pazolo soup, shrimp louie, ciopiano (sp) - Done
    3) 90 minutes of walking - Exercise - DONE

This week was a wash.

Victories:
    1) DID exercise everyday even if it was just walking

Challenges:
    1) On holiday...and after only being away one day, broke the ONLY water rule, and had coffee. Had not more than 2 cups a day since. Usually when I am vacationing and eating in a restaurant do I want coffee. If I am at home, I make it for DH, and don't need a cup for myself. I love the taste of coffee though, and I take it black.
    2) Although, I did not eat beef or pork while away, the town we went is on the coast of CA...and PLENTY of seafood choices. I made good choices, though I must say I did eat fish and chips one of my fave meals. For the next week, FAST FOODS...I will also give up FRIED FOODS, too. (when I have eggs in the morning, I cook with Pam)...that to me is not considered Fried...When I cook with Oil it is Fried to me.

I will take the NO FAST FOOD Challenge, continue to drink my 8 glasses of water, and exercise at least 30 minutes.