Classes?

Options

Replies

• AggieSigner
    AggieSigner Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am going into my second year of college in the fall, classified as a junior. I'm majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders, which is essentially Pre-Speech Therapy. I'm minoring in Sociology.

This summer I'm taking
    - Gender and Society
    - Social Psychology

This fall I'm taking
    - Introduction to Disorders of Speech and Language
    - Introduction to Hearing Science
    - Anatomy and Physiology of the Speech/Hearing Mechanism
    - Applied Phonetics in Communication Disorders
    - Intermediate American Sign Language

In the fall I'm also starting my position as a paid research assistant in my field. I'm very excited about that.

I'm jealous of everyone that gets to take fitness classes for credit! My school offers them but none of the times fit in with my schedule :(

Intermediate American Sign Language? Now I'm jealous in a good way!

This semester, I'm taking: Computer Networking 1, Introduction to Women's Studies, Principles of Macroeconomics, and Introduction to Web Design.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    This is my third year at school, 2nd year in an actual intended major.... Majoring in Meteorology, and considering either a minor or double major in Hydrology.
    Classes ---
    Public Speaking
    Intro to Forecasting
    Calculus II
    Physics
    Surface Hydrology

After School Activties--
    Swing Dance Club
    Creative Writing Club (of which I am the Treasurer)
    National Weather Association Club
    Storm Chase Club
    Hydrology Club
    Secular Student Alliance Club

So yeah. I'm extremely busy.
  • parkermc0405
    parkermc0405 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a senior this year double majoring in chemistry and biology. I've gotten most of the necessary classes out of the way, now I'm just kind of wrapping things up :)

-inorganic chemistry
    -genes, brains, and behavior
    -animal physiology
    -cell biology
    -cell bio lab

I'm still deciding if I want to go to graduate school and if so, do I want to apply for the fall semester or spring semester?Considering I've taken classes during winter breaks and summer for the last two years, I'm kind of thinking a long break would be good... but actually having a full summer off might be all my brain will take :P
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm a third year psych major. Some rather joke courses this semester.

Dreams and Dreaming
    Sleep and Arousal - harder than it seems as it has to do more with the neurochemistry and the science side of it
    Human Sexuality
    Creative Writing (Eng. department)
    Astronomy (first year course, physics department... I needed a science credit outside of psych for my degree to be a bsc.)

Next semester is
    Behaviour Modification
    Health Psychology
    Family Development
    Advanced Abnormal Psychology
    and Astronomy again.
  • blferguson1s
    Options
    I'm a senior Business Managent major graduating in December (62 days, but who's counting). I'm currently taking:

Managing and Developing Talent
    Topics in Management Communication (negotiations)
    Business Policy and Strategy
    Entrepreneurship
    Organization Theory and Design

I'm also doing a fitness class called Butts and Guts and Zumba each once a week.

How do I keep myself from snacking on junk food? Simple. I don't buy it. If it's not in my room, I can't eat it. I refuse to let myself buy soda and only keep water. I have a couple things of yogurt as well. My biggest splurge is Spongebob Easy Mac. My roommate and I both eat tons of it, but being in the little cup helps so I don't eat a whole box. :)
  • SoonerVet
    Options
    3rd year of veterinary school.

We are on block scheduling for this year, so I'm only in 3 core courses: Musculoskeletal Systems, Theriogenology, and Toxicology. Also doing junior surgery, which will continue into next semester
    For electives I have: exotics/avian and systemic pathology.
    Already completed: endocrine, dermatology
    Yet to complete this semester: ophthalmology.
    Busy semester, especially with surgery!
  • DivaSkinnyJeans
    DivaSkinnyJeans Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's been really interesting reading about everybody's college experience!

I should technically be graduated right now. When does anything EVER go as planned, though?! I started college at The University of Northern Colorado (UNC). My Freshman year, I was "undeclared" then my second year I decided to go for Elementary Education. I only did that for a semester before I realized that teaching wasn't for me, so I changed to Pre-Nursing. I continued with Pre-Nursing at UNC for a semester, then transferred to the University of Colorado Denver (UCD) my "Junior" year (I fell behind from changing majors) so that I could live at my parent's house and work because I couldn't find a job in Greeley and my financial aid didn't completely cover my cost of living. I did one more semester as a Pre-Nursing major then decided to change AGAIN. I began working for my parent's company while going to school, and I found it was something I really enjoyed. So now, I go to school part time at UCD for my degree in Business Communications and I work full time. I work from 9-5 Monday thru Friday (can you say PERFECT schedule?!) and I am taking 2 night classes of Advertising and Marketing. :) Being that I'm only going part time, I still have about 2 years until I graduate, but going part time was the best decision I've ever made. I NEVER stress out about school, it's very nice :)

This is so me. I've changed umpteen times, so I'm graduating in December with a Bachelors in General Studies, emphasis in Psychology, Human Services and Business. Right now, I'm in the process of deciding between a Masters in Public Health or Social Work or both. Did I mention I have a 4 year old?? Yeah, I enjoy stressing myself to the max...
  • babyangel6806
    babyangel6806 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am in my second semester of my MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. I currently taking Human Growth and Development and just praying I pass lol
  • RixxyRikaa
    RixxyRikaa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My first semester at The Culinary Institute of America is coming to a close. I am finishing up classes on Gastronomy, Nutrition, and Produce Identification. I'm currently in a class called Culinary Fundamentals. We have a schedule where classes can be anywhere from 3 to 12 weeks long depending on the curriculum. After the first few classes are over, I am taking on Meat ID and Fabrication, Fish ID and Fabrication, and Banquet Style Cookery.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Nutrition and Epidemiology
    Intergroup Relations
    Social Welfare
    Intermediate Microecon
  • babyangel6806
    babyangel6806 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The good news.....I passed Human Growth and Development!! Now it is on to Counseling Skills I
  • bethanyclaire88
    Options
    I'm finishing my MS so I'm only currently in one class: flavor chemistry. Very interesting, and has helped with my research
  • RixxyRikaa
    RixxyRikaa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing my MS so I'm only currently in one class: flavor chemistry. Very interesting, and has helped with my research

We have culinary theory days every other Monday or so; this upcoming one is on flavor chemistry =] What do you research?
  • oconnecs
    oconnecs Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm final year Radiation Therapy in Trinity College Dublin, Ireland. Most of my time this year is spent on clinical rotation or my thesis, but my classes include risk management, treatment planning and simulation, principles and practices of cancer care and cancer medicine!
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm a commerce student, double major in Finance and Economics. We have a lot of prerequisite classes at 100 level so classes this year were really weird, accounting, statistics, macroeconomics, microeconomics, marketing, management, info systems, consumer behaviour (that has nothing to do with my degree, it's a 200 level paper a very good friend of mine lectures so I HAD to do it!)

Next year we get into the serious stuff, 4x economics papers, 2x finance papers, and 1/2 maths papers. LOTS of calculus - so wish me luck!!
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Intermediate American Sign Language? Now I'm jealous in a good way!

This semester, I'm taking: Computer Networking 1, Introduction to Women's Studies, Principles of Macroeconomics, and Introduction to Web Design.

Sign language is great! I love it :) I wish I could continue with it but I really have no room in my schedule if I want to graduate in 2014 :(

I see you're taking Macroeconomics which I adore - I debated majoring in Economics but decided to go into Speech Therapy instead.
  • marysue1965
    marysue1965 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 4th year of college, getting my bachelors degree - major, in Criminal Justice, & minor in psychology. I'll be a senior in January. i take 12 credits a semester. no dirty details, guess i'm to old. lol.
  • brittlynn8907
    brittlynn8907 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm a junior working on my bachelor's in chemical engineering with a minor in math. Right now I'm doing a co-op semester so I'm working, but next semester I'll be taking

Heat Transfer
    Separation Processes
    Process Safety
    Unit Ops Lab I
    French I
  • racataca
    racataca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm studying my MA in Linguistics, and this semester I'm taking:

Fundamentals of Modern Linguistics
    Typology
    Sociololinguistics

NEXT semester I'm taking

Morphology
    Intro to Generative Grammar
    First Language Acquisition
    General Chemistry

LOVE school. I wish I could be in school forever and let's be real, I probably will be. After my MA I don't know if I want to go to med school and study linguistics from a neurological approach, or if I want to go get my PhD. We'll see!
  • ojosazules09
    ojosazules09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I graduated in May with a double major in Psychology and Non-Profit Management , and a minor in Spanish.

Now, I'm working on my M.Ed. in Counseling-Student Affairs. This program is 12 credit hours a semester, plus a 20+ hour a week assistantship. It's a bit tough, but I love how applicable it is. I control snacking by just having healthy things, drinking TONS of water, and counting calories.

Currently I'm taking:
    Theories of Counseling
    Student Services in Higher Education
    Intermediate Statistics
    Vocational and Career Counseling

Next Semester I'll be taking:
    Ethics
    Counseling Processes
    Impact of Higher Ed on Students
    Student Development Theory

I'm hoping to take intro to research over the winter term so that I can only take 9 credit hours when I'm doing my internship and assistantship next spring.