Whoops...Female surgery patients, I need your advice

Options
2»

Replies

• rachelboddy
    rachelboddy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Well first off, Congratulations! I've never been pregnant, but I did have a friend that had her surgery about 6 weeks before me, and she actually got pregnant 6 weeks after she had surgery. I think the weight she did lose finally helped her get pregnant. She was still able to lose weight during her pregnancy and recently just had a beautiful baby girl.
    I was told though that the surgery causes our hormones to be out of whack so a pregnancy was a definite possibility. Keep us updated!
    Thank you! and Thank you about the dress! I got it off of Maurices.com. Love that website.
  • rhondadwyer69
    rhondadwyer69 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Children are a beautiful gift from God - never should they ever be considered an error - the choices we as the adults make are sometimes in error and the results are children - but the children themselves are never the error. I pray for the very best of health for you and the baby. God is smiling upon you with this little blessing! God Bless You and Your Little Family!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • authormarieskye
    authormarieskye Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love maurices
  • win4ecu
    win4ecu Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new addition :) My cousin had Gastric and was pregnant within 6 weeks of her surgery. She struggled and her baby was born 2 months early.....but everyone is the exception. Rachel is a healthy happy 2 yo today and has a brand new baby sister to play with. Having PCOS and being infertile prior to surgery does not mean you will be like that forever. You and my cousin are proof of that. Actually my cousin told me to "lock it up" after my surgery for a while.......lol. She knows first hand how fertile we become after this surgery. I am about to get on the DP shot. I wish you the best of luck and definitely stay well connected with your doc and surgeon throughout the pregnancy.

~Windy
  • suegmune
    Options
    My friend got pregnant soon after her surgery too. She ended up losing 30 lbs during her pregnancy, and had a healthy baby boy. :)

I wouldn't worry about it too much -- I think the surgeons had a FIT when they saw her losing so much weight, but she did just fine. Just keep regular checkups with the docs and I'm sure everything will work out great :)Congratulations!!!! :)