Saturday Weigh-in

Options

Replies

• smokedragon97
    smokedragon97 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I thought I would take a shot at joining a group and see how it turned out.

I'm a shorty at 5' 2", initially started at 186lbs. I'm down to 148lb today (sorry - I missed Sat), and my goal is 115lb.

Lol, are their any other vertically challenged people in the group?
  • I refuse to WI on Saturdays simply bc it just never works for me...Besides, for some people it invites um obsessive behaviors.

Fine! Be that way!

Hug it out guys...HUG IT OUT.

No no,..she is right. That was my 13 year old that I mentioned who responded and I apologize for sounding so petulant. The fact is, I HAVE become a little OCD about this whole weight loss thing. In fact, I was going to start a separate thread about that very subject. i guess here is as good a place as any. I can't weigh myself during the week because I get up at 2:30 every morning for work and I just don't think weighing myself at that hour would be all that accurate. I do weigh myself at night but, at least I know that weight isn't accurate. Also, I play with my rings a lot , making sure they are still loose. I guess my losing weight means more to me than I ever thought it would.

Hey, do whatever makes you comfortable. If you don't want to weigh-in then you can post NSV's instead.

No, I'll weigh in. I just have to settle down, is all. Don't worry. I'll be fine.

We're all here supporting you!
  • My first weigh in for a month... 112 lbs. Yuckiness.

Any progress is still progress. Big or small! Just know that your body is getting stronger every single day. That's ****ing amazing!
  • Yesterday was my first day starting this lifestyle change (I refuse to think of it as a diet). I bought a scale on a whim while shopping.....and

5' 9" 199.3 lbs

Made me pissed at myself for letting myself get this way

I hate referring to it as a diet too! Diets are temporary. This is a lifestyle.
  • JasonsSoulMate
    JasonsSoulMate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    As at this morning I M 212.5, down from a starting weight of 221.5 that was over the last 3ish weeks. My goal is 165

I am 5'1" and like someone else mentioned earlier I am heavy boned and am under GP advice not to go below 165 until we can prove my body can sustain it without getting incredibly ill as has happened in the past.

As for the boobs comment - I surgically had 4 pounds of breast tissue removed 5 years ago and am still carrying around a D cup that hasn't changed with the ups and downs of my weight over this last 5 years.

AND I have to say this converting everything to pounds and inches is doing my head in!! Does anyone understand kg's???
  • JasonsSoulMate
    Options
    I thought I would take a shot at joining a group and see how it turned out.

I'm a shorty at 5' 2", initially started at 186lbs. I'm down to 148lb today (sorry - I missed Sat), and my goal is 115lb.

Lol, are their any other vertically challenged people in the group?
    Here! Here! Here! see me the one that is shorter than the rest and usually hidden????? I am 156cm or 5'1"
  • JasonsSoulMate
    Options
    My first weigh in for a month... 112 lbs. Yuckiness.
    How tall are you? Are you doing this with medical support..... to me your weight seems normal unless you are well under 5' that is.......
  • smokedragon97
    Options
    Yea!! I'm was beinging to think I was the only shorty in the group! :bigsmile:
  • jaysmom23
    jaysmom23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    you can do it girly, you can do it!
  • missemmapeel
    missemmapeel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    As of Friday I am 140.6 (11 lbs to lose to goal). I'm going to weigh Fridays and report Saturdays :)

Good luck to all you fabulous people, hoping to find the encouragement from you folks to reach my goal weight by December when a tropical Christmas clad in a bathing suit is looming.

Emma
  • As of Friday I am 140.6 (11 lbs to lose to goal). I'm going to weigh Fridays and report Saturdays :)

Good luck to all you fabulous people, hoping to find the encouragement from you folks to reach my goal weight by December when a tropical Christmas clad in a bathing suit is looming.

Emma

Good luck to you too Emma!
  • smokedragon97
    Options
    As of Friday I am 140.6 (11 lbs to lose to goal). I'm going to weigh Fridays and report Saturdays :)

Emma

We are here with you! Just keep us updated on your progress, ups and downs and we'll reciprocate!! :bigsmile:
  • ifitkillsme
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day starting this lifestyle change (I refuse to think of it as a diet). I bought a scale on a whim while shopping.....and

5' 9" 199.3 lbs

Made me pissed at myself for letting myself get this way

I hate referring to it as a diet too! Diets are temporary. This is a lifestyle.

The "D Word" is not part of my vocabulary. And I certainly won't spend the rest of my life drinking shakes, starved for carbs, or taking shots, to get ummm "healthy?"
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am 189 which is also one up from last week so i need to do better this coming week!

Anyone else around 5'6 at my weight with a goal of 140 ish?

I am currently 184 and my goal is 150. I am also 5'6" and that goal was set by my doctor. I'll have to see if she revises it when I see her again in January
  • SusannaDandana
    Options
    My weigh in as of Monday 10/22 was 146.6 lbs. My goal weight is 115 lbs (35 lb weight loss) as I am 5'3" with a small frame. i have dropped 4.2 lbs since I joined the site last week (my start weight was 150.8 lbs). i will be back here on Saturday! Good luck everybody!!!
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    I am 189 which is also one up from last week so i need to do better this coming week!

Anyone else around 5'6 at my weight with a goal of 140 ish?

I am currently 184 and my goal is 150. I am also 5'6" and that goal was set by my doctor. I'll have to see if she revises it when I see her again in January

Wow lots of 5'6!! I think i will start a thread for our competition! How fun!
  • smokedragon97
    Options
    My weigh in as of Monday 10/22 was 146.6 lbs. My goal weight is 115 lbs (35 lb weight loss) as I am 5'3" with a small frame. i have dropped 4.2 lbs since I joined the site last week (my start weight was 150.8 lbs). i will be back here on Saturday! Good luck everybody!!!

@SusannaDandan: Hey, you, Jasonsoulmate, and I are the shorty's of the group - and you and I are d*** near identical on the CW and GW. Sat weigh-in I was 148 and my GW is also 115 - Welcome to to group!! :bigsmile:
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

@SusannaDandan: Hey, you, Jasonsoulmate, and I are the shorty's of the group - and you and I are d*** near identical on the CW and GW. Sat weigh-in I was 148 and my GW is also 115 - Welcome to to group!! :bigsmile:

Hi!

Another shorty here - 5' 3.25". Started this MFP journey at 144 lbs, currently 129 and goal of 125 (medium frame) but hope to start more serious work outs soon so would be fine with the addition of some awesome muscle weigth:) Nice to have some company in the short stature department :)
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and I started at 240 way back in February. My cw is 196, so I'm a little past half way to my goal of 160. Good luck everyone!
  • SusannaDandana
    Options

Great to meet you!