Introductions & Rules [Read First]

Options

Replies

• amphotography
    amphotography Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm an punk who misses his skinny moshing days. I listen to some metal and industrial, too. I like good music in all forms as long as it is honest, really.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am into Industrial Metal mostly. I have been a metalhead for as long as I can remember. Metal music touches my soul and lifts my spirits. Glad to see a group like this. It seems like we are on the outsides looking in so much of the time.

Agreed. There's a really strong Underground scene here in Chicago. I went to an Hocico show last year and it was a window to a new world of metal for me... it's not all like Rammstein, Ministry, and NIN! I'm trying to learn more. Can you throw a few names my way to check out?

And to keep it in lines of MFP, it's great fuel for a hardcore workout too.

Check out Deathstars, Angelspit, and Front Line Assembly

Saw Deathstars when they were touring with Rammstein back in February...really great band to see live!

I don't know what I am, but one thing's for sure - I love the metal :)
  • Mazza4011
    Mazza4011 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi folks.

Just found this group so I'm looking forward to reading through the posts.

I guess I can be classed as a classic rock fan; my tastes vary from Floyd through to Metallica and Rammstein, though I do have some of the more extreme rock in my collection (Killswitch Engage, Pro-Pain etc)

It'll be good to get to know some of you guys. No doubt, as a Brit, most of the bands you lot know I won't have heard of. Thank God for youtube :happy:
  • Madmoosebaits
    Options
    Hey all! My name is David and I have been a metalhead since I saw Saxon and Motley Crue back in the early 80's.

Today I am still a metalhead. My favorite current bands are Eluveitie and Amon Amarth along with a slew of other folk and viking metal bands.

I've even put two terrible Amon Amarth covers on Youtube lol.
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sup y'all
    Stumbled across this group while doing a boredom search on this site.
    I don't know how i would classify myself since i listen to just about everything, most of which people around where i live have never heard of. Got into metal thanks to my dad back in the 80's with Anthrax, W.A.S.P., Twisted Sister, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Rainbow. Got into Punk because of cousins who where into Ramone's, Sex Pistols, Iggy and the Stooges, and many other late 70's early 80's punks. got into goth such as Siouxsie and the Banshees, Alien Sex Fiend, christian Death, Bauhaus. Recently got into Psychobilly bands like Necromantix, Horrorpops, Zombie Ghost Train. Also am into Doom metal bands like Witchcraft, Solitude Aeturnus, Acid Bath, Celtic Frost, Moonspell.

So add me if you want and i'll give you as motivation as i can as long as you give me as much as you can.
  • Metal_Viking
    Options
    Hi, my name is Diane, I'm new here. Send a friend request if you like ^.^
  • thrashrn
    thrashrn Posts: 35
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm Christy and I was bored ...and now I found this yay! :) I like all genres, mostly thrash/death though.
  • LucyMarieH91
    Options
    Hullo!
    I'm Lu, I'm more a darkwave/ebm and industrial type, but I love pretty much anything.
    I would love some of you lovelies to kick my *kitten* into losing some weight.
    Even if you just send me awesome tracks to dance to! :3
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I only joined MFP yesterday because I'm getting fatter and fatter. It's great there's a group for us Metalheads on here! The older I get, the less I'm interested in other music besides Rock and Metal (with the occasional Punk song mixed in). I listen to streaming radio nearly all of my waking hours - Rock and Metal stations, of course. And if they play crap, I listen to Real Punk Radio - they're not bad, not bad at all!
  • maeve1988
    Options
    Hey ya,
    I'm Jenni and a German Metalhead. I grow up with Twisted Sisters, Black Sabath and similar stuff from the LP collection of my uncle. Now I'm mostly listening to bands like Blind Guardian, children of Bodom, Nightwish, Finntroll, ASP, Letzte Instanz, and Mono Inc. So... I don't really have a genre which I like most...
  • KenDubya74
    KenDubya74 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello... From The Gutter!!!

Old school Metal fan from the 80s & 90s. I love older Metal (most sub-genres) like Slayer, Megadeth, Overkill, Anthrax, KISS, W.A.S.P., Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Dio, etc... I do listen to a few more modern groups when I happen to stumble upon them such as Mastodon and Amon Amarth.
  • leftoverbun
    leftoverbun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Right on man, new Overkill is blistering. I love jogging to that CD. I get looks when singing "I wish you were dead" with the headphones on.
  • DangerLV
    Options
    This is cool. I am a fan of all types of metal, powermetal nerd, though. I also LOVE "classic rock" (late 60's, 70's, 80's) glam rock, hair metal, black metal, some industrial/goth. I am living in Las Vegas, which is starting to become somewhat of a "classic rock" resurgence scene with more than just a handful of former/current rockers living here and hanging out. its cool.

glad to be in this group
  • leftoverbun
    leftoverbun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This is cool. I am a fan of all types of metal, powermetal nerd, though. I also LOVE "classic rock" (late 60's, 70's, 80's) glam rock, hair metal, black metal, some industrial/goth. I am living in Las Vegas, which is starting to become somewhat of a "classic rock" resurgence scene with more than just a handful of former/current rockers living here and hanging out. its cool.

glad to be in this group
    Glad to have you! How do you transition from glam/hair over to black metal? That's a wide gap!
  • peach688
    peach688 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Peyton or Peach. Whichever, I love this group! I hate stereotypes I believe in being myself but for the sake of finding common interests I had to look this up! lol I love all types of metal usually from Pantera, to Epica, Sonata Arctica to Cradle of Filth, Ensiferum. Lately my thing has been Folk and Pagan Metal! Id love to meet more people with my interests! Add me :]
  • peach688
    peach688 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey ya,
    I'm Jenni and a German Metalhead. I grow up with Twisted Sisters, Black Sabath and similar stuff from the LP collection of my uncle. Now I'm mostly listening to bands like Blind Guardian, children of Bodom, Nightwish, Finntroll, ASP, Letzte Instanz, and Mono Inc. So... I don't really have a genre which I like most...

OHh my I love Blind Guardian, COB (older albums) and Nightwish (older albums) and I love Finntroll!! I havent heard of the other stuff but I love your collection! :D
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Yay for the group!

I'm mostly into the European flavor of metal.. I like Doom, Death, Melodic, Symphonic, Power etc.

I'm an American living in France and used to sing in a Melodic Death Metal band, I'm currently looking for a new band.
  • ekolben
    ekolben Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! My name is Liz! I listen to bands like Slipknot, Fear Factory, All that remains (put on one of the best concerts ever), Killswitch Engage, Rammstein, The Devil Wears Prada, and others along with bands like like Dropkick Murphy's, Rancid, Anti-Flag, Less Than Jake. I also listen to A Day to Remember, Breaking Benjamin, H.I.M., and a bunch of others. I LOVE music and head banging so friend me if you would like!
  • rabbitrage
    rabbitrage Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone- I feel like I'm a bit old for labels now but I wear a lot of black and listen to post-punk, black metal, sludge, etc.
    Aside from music I like reading, cats and horror films.
  • MadameMC
    MadameMC Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi folks - another group noob here. New to MFP as well. I live in Washington (since everyone asks.. The State, not D.C.), and I'm a geek. I spend a lot of time on my computer in a virtual world called "Second Life", where occasionally I stream music into a virtual nightclub and talk on mic and call myself a "DJ". (Though it's not so much in the sense of having equipment and mixing tunes, it's more like a radio type DJ..anyway.)

Thanks to Second Life my musical tastes and knowledge have expanded 10-thousandfold (that might be a slight exaggeration) over the past 7 years that I've been a member. I have learned of so many more genres and bands/artists that I never would have been exposed to otherwise - including music from all over the globe.

I consider myself extremely eclectic (yep, even *some* opera, rap and country!), but the tunes I listen to the most are usually nu-metal, alternative, gothic, some stompy stompy industrial, synthpop and stuff like that there.

Some names from my musical library include: Abney Park, Avenged Sevenfold, Bloodsimple, , Coheed and Cambria, Cradle of Filth, Disturbed, Evanescence, Five Finger Death Punch, Foo Fighters, Godsmack, HIM, In This Moment (I want to marry the song "Blood" off the new album!), Halestorm, Kittie, Lacuna Coil, Marilyn Manson, Otep, Poisonblack, Porcelain and the Tramps (also known as Porcelain Black), Puscifer, Rammstein, Shinedown, Skindred, Soil, Static-X, Takida, The Birthday Massacre, The Rasmus, Type O Negative, The Cruxshadows, The 69 Eyes, Volbeat, Voltaire, 30 Seconds to Mars, Escape the Fate, Ozzy, IAMX, Combichrist, Hanzel und Gretyl, God Module, Covenant, Diary of Dreams, NamNamBulu, VNV Nation, Mechanical Moth, E Nomine, Apoptygma Berzerk, Assemblage 23, Wolfsheim, Razed In Black, Leather Strip, Faderhead.

I'm always open to band recommendations (If you can find one I don't already know!) :)