Pof good deed of the day

Options
La_Amazona
La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
So this fella wrote me "I meet all the criteria, you should message me". He had written me before, which I had ignored. So I decided to speak my mind and be honest. I wrote him back, "no offense, but you're much shorter than me."
He responds "thanks for pointing that out."

Oops... Right? Nope.

Turns out, he's 5'10.... Not 5'0 as his profile read!! Lol He thanked me and said he was wondering why nobody was writing him back. He kept his sense of humor and was thankful I was honest. He said he kept asking himself "what the hell is wrong with me??" lol.

I told him he probably missed out on many women because of that mistake.

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Yes, proofreading copy is a big deal. You have to be like Prince to get ladies if you're 5'0" (BTW, Prince is 5'2').

You're right that he missed a lot of women with 5'10" vs. 5'0". 5'10" is often considered a disqualifier as 6'0" is the magic desirable height. But at least 5'10" gives a far wider range of options.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Hahaha!!! Too cute!! And, very nice of you to point it out to him. :)

5'6" is my cutoff. I have to be able to wear heels with a guy.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Oh! :laugh: I must have done the same thing, that's why I don't get replies from women!!! :drinker:
    * checks profile *
    :cry: :sad:
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to make a new dating profile and only change my height. I've given up on that nonsense because its just a waste of time when the same girls would chat you up at a bar but you're not good enough online. Might as well lie my *kitten* off ans have some fun with it
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to make a new dating profile and only change my height. I've given up on that nonsense because its just a waste of time when the same girls would chat you up at a bar but you're not good enough online. Might as well lie my *kitten* off ans have some fun with it

Do you use your motorcycle pictures? Cause I would respond just for them.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    It's so weird how height is such a deal breaker for women. I'm 5'11" but still.. it's interesting.

J
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    It's so weird how height is such a deal breaker for women. I'm 5'11" but still.. it's interesting.

J

It is. I am grateful I don't have the height issue. Instead for me it's the width issue. :laugh:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Haha that is hysterical!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

J

I was thinking that height is as big a factor for women as breast size is for men. Why don't they have that data on the basic info?
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    So this fella wrote me "I meet all the criteria, you should message me". He had written me before, which I had ignored. So I decided to speak my mind and be honest. I wrote him back, "no offense, but you're much shorter than me."
    He responds "thanks for pointing that out."

Oops... Right? Nope.

Turns out, he's 5'10.... Not 5'0 as his profile read!! Lol He thanked me and said he was wondering why nobody was writing him back. He kept his sense of humor and was thankful I was honest. He said he kept asking himself "what the hell is wrong with me??" lol.

I told him he probably missed out on many women because of that mistake.

I'm glad this turned out well and you helped the guy in the end, but I don't really understand writing him just to point out what you perceived as a "flaw". If the tables were turned and a guy wrote to tell you something unflattering, you'd probably be really offended, even if you don't want to admit it.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

J

I was thinking that height is as big a factor for women as breast size is for men. Why don't they have that data on the basic info?

I nearly clicked on 'report post' then!!! :noway:

Anyway David, I'm reporting you for being breastest!!! :smokin:

Actually, perhaps there should be penis size data too!!!! :laugh: :tongue: :wink:
  • lacroyx
    Options

J

Actually, perhaps there should be penis size data too!!!! :laugh: :tongue: :wink:

I dunno about b( Y )bies but I believe there is a penis size study released by condom making companies out there. I'd Google it but I'm at work at the moment >.>

*edit gah sooo many spelling and grammatical errors. I'm fading fast. glad my shift is almost over zzzzzz
  • flimflamfloz
    Options
    And this ladies is why we send pics of our beautiful penis to you! So that you know the size of the beast beforehand.
    (You won't see me call it junk!)
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Oh height. It is my one big hypocritical dealbreaker.
    At just over 5'7 and not a little petite thing..I simply long to feel feminine and cute. I simply don't ever get that with anyone under 5'9. So...I could be attracted to someone shorter..but I automatically think we are not going to be a good match based on size and height...and I assume the male in question generally feels the same... no hurt feelings about it.
    Most of the men I have dated have been 5'11-6'4... and generally the taller and heavier/more built ones like me best as they "can't break me".

So tell me boys...does breast size somehow correlate to your own personal sense of masculinity or is it just a nice to have item..?
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    And this ladies is why we send pics of our beautiful penis to you! So that you know the size of the beast beforehand.

Junk...I use it here because it makes me laugh. But beautiful? Hmmm... useful, sexy, delicious perhaps...but beautiful might be overshooting it a bit... ;)
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    This thread makes my head hurt.

I am 6'1 so I win when it comes to height.

I find it very ironic though, that women seem to be very emotional about men

having preferences and being "judgmental" yet they can automatically

disregard another male due to something he cannot control, height.
  • lacroyx
    Options

So tell me boys...does breast size somehow correlate to your own personal sense of masculinity or is it just a nice to have item..?

A's or DD's, it doesn't matter to me. I like all sizes. However I do love shapely legs on a woman. It's my preference but not deal breaker if she isn't that particular body type.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

The 'beast' always makes me laugh! :laugh:

And yeah, 'junk' isnt a word we use here (we got plenty of other words tho, eh!! lol) Bit like *kitten* and Jerk. They just sound much better/suitable with an American accent.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    This thread makes my head hurt.

I am 6'1 so I win when it comes to height.

I find it very ironic though, that women seem to be very emotional about men

having preferences and being "judgmental" yet they can automatically

disregard another male due to something he cannot control, height.

It's quite simple Zach, women feel overly large/unfeminine/unprotected when they're with a guy shorter or punier than themselves.

It's genetics - the male is usually taller/stronger?

A bit like men liking boobs............we dont have control over those either......

Not quite sure why you're starting a gender war over that one??? But anyhow....... :flowerforyou:
  • flimflamfloz
    Options
    The 'beast' always makes me laugh! :laugh:
    Trust me, it's no laughing matter. :wink: :laugh: