10/28-11/03 Run, Walk or Crawl

Options
reese66
reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
"Struggling and suffering are the essence of a life worth living. If you're not pushing yourself beyond the comfort zone, if you're not demanding more from yourself -- expanding and learning as you go - you're choosing a numb existence. You're denying yourself an extraordinary trip."
- Dean Karnazes

"No matter how far you walk, how hard you work, or how bad it hurts, you'll always get to where you need to be."
- Unknown Author

15 miles starting Sunday and ending Saturday... Yep that easy and you know you can do it! Just log your daily miles, the total miles for the week and encourage your fellow challengers to make their goals, yep it's that easy.

"Run when you can. Walk when you must. Crawl if you have to. Just never give up." Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathon Man

For the folks returning you know that the 15 miles is not the main goal. The main goal is just to get up and get moving, if you don't meet it that's fine and you surpass it, well that just freaking rocks.

For new comers the preferred method of posting miles would be:

Sunday-miles-what you did Monday-miles-what you did Tuesday-miles-what you did So on and so forth, posted daily or when the miles occur...

Total- Running total for the week thus far

As always this is not set in stone, if you post every other day or whatever fits into your schedule, but please try to stay close to the above format.

For those folks that don't do miles:
http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/
for conversion to be made easy (Thanks Nonafit)

Now let's get moving folks :)

"You can't hit a home run unless you step up to the plate. You can't catch a fish unless you put your line in the water. You can't reach your goals if you don't try."- Kathy Seligman

Replies

• MissRose888
    MissRose888 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yeeeee haw! 3rd week, and so far, great results! I think I lost between 6 and 8 lbs the last two weeks, thanks to being motivated by this group!!! :) Thank you, and here's to another great week! :)
  • reese66
    Options
    Yeeeee haw! 3rd week, and so far, great results! I think I lost between 6 and 8 lbs the last two weeks, thanks to being motivated by this group!!! :) Thank you, and here's to another great week! :)

Your rock Rose :)
  • MissRose888
    Options
    Sunday 10/28/12: 2.25 miles on elliptical.

Total Week-to-date: 2.25 / Remaining: 12.75
  • BFarnsworth
    BFarnsworth Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My fitbit has me at 39 mi last week ... and already 1.56 mi today .... I think I'll hit 40 this week.
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Sunday ~ 1.3 miles (walking)
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Sunday: 3.5 miles running (accompanied by my 17 year old daughter on her BIKE - I think she is more out of breath than me!)

Not sure if I will be able to run outside the next 2 days because of Sandy, so wanted to get in a run today to help with the mileage - trying to consistently get 20 miles or more per week.
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday 3.54 walking

Total 3.54
  • reese66
    Options
    Looks like were off to a great start to the week, keep up all the awesomeness! You know you can do it!
  • bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sunday 1028 - 2 Miles (running)

Total: 2 miles
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Thank you for continuing to invite me back to this. I haven't joined in for a while, but I think I need something to get me back on feet. :flowerforyou:
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Sunday - 1.55 miles

Have a great week! :flowerforyou:
  • MissRose888
    Options
    My fitbit has me at 39 mi last week ... and already 1.56 mi today .... I think I'll hit 40 this week.

That's awesome! Quick question, though. . . has your FitBit been syncing with MFP lately? Mine has not :(
  • MissRose888
    Options
    Sunday 10/28/12: 2.25 miles on elliptical, adjusted to max level: 7
    Monday 10/29/12: 2.75 miles on elliptical

Total Week-to-date: 5.00 / Remaining: 10.00
  • BFarnsworth
    BFarnsworth Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    10/28 jogging/walking 5.01 mi - 9.9 mi remaining
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Impressive...you all are impressive! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Waiting for Sandy to pass through - made myself do some indoors PT for the knee today and some simple dumb bell exercises. :laugh:
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Sunday ~ 1.3 miles (walking)
    Monday ~ 1.4 miles (walking)

Total ~ 2.7 miles
  • Kattibrie
    Kattibrie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sunday 10/29/2012 4 Miles (Walk/Jog) :happy:

Great Weather but its about to change.
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday 3.54 walking
    Monday 3.49

Total 7.03
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday 1028 - 2 Miles (running)

Total: 2 miles

Great start to the week, keep the awesome work!
  • reese66
    Options
    Thank you for continuing to invite me back to this. I haven't joined in for a while, but I think I need something to get me back on feet. :flowerforyou:

Glad to have you back :)